Vibe Yellowfin 100 Angler Sit-on-top Kayak with Paddle and Hero Seat
- What Makes This Fishing Kayak Stand Out
- Easy to maneuver
- Paddle is included
- Four rod holders
- Comfortable throughout the day
- Very durable
Length: 10 feet
Width: 32 inches
Weight: 57 pounds
Capacity: 375 pounds
The simple but convenient design of the Vibe Yellowfin 100 gives you everything you would expect from a good angler kayak. Sure, there are more sophisticated vessels out there, but this one is a great example of how you can get a well-balanced kayak for a decent amount of money. Take a look at some of the most prominent features.
- Four capped flush mount rod holders
- Mounting point for other accessories
- Two storage hatches with bag inserts
- Two tackle tray holders
- Vibe Hero seat
- Paddle included
- Adjustable footrests
- Four carry handles
- Scupper holes with plugs
Length: 10 feet
Width: 32 inches
Weight: 57 pounds, including seat and paddle
Capacity: 375 pounds
Material: Single-piece polyethylene, rotomolded
Usability: This kayak has received very positive feedback from the users, which is not surprising. With its excellent stability, it gives you a pleasant experience without the risk of tipping over. Even though it’s primarily a fishing kayak, it’s excellent for more laid-back and relaxed days on the water, when you just wish to enjoy the kayaking health benefits.
Because of the perfect balance between length and width, the performance is good regardless of whether you’re in a creek, river, or lake. Besides, it’s a solid choice for more demanding terrain where you need to avoid obstacles. The reason for this is the 10ft length – it allows you to navigate more efficiently compared to a longer kayak. To further help you with this, Vibe includes a Journey kayak paddle with the purchase.
Overall, this vessel won’t excel when it comes to speed, but it isn’t slow either. Additionally, it’s not the best choice for long trips. If you’re looking for a vessel to cover greater distances, be sure to check out our selection of touring kayaks.
Comfort: Even though this type of kayak is not designed for multi-day trips, you still get top-notch comfort during the time you spend on the water. The Vibe Hero seat is adjustable and feels nice even after hours of sitting in it. The seat position is elevated, which is a plus since it gives you greater visibility.
A lifted kayak seat has an additional benefit that we often forget about. In kayaks with molded seats your position is often too low, which can lead to sitting in a puddle when water inevitably gets into your kayak. This way you stay dry even if the surface under you gets wet. Besides, the material used in making the seat resembles mesh, meaning it will dry off quickly even if it does get wet.
Something many people talk about are the adjustable footrests. They are attached to rails and allow you to slide them forward or backward to find the most comfortable sitting position. This feature makes the kayak comfortable for both taller and shorter individuals.
Finally, it includes a molded cup holder in front of you, so you have a place to keep your beverage and be able to easily grab it. Also, you have two storage compartments that are completely sealed off where you can keep your valuables and electronic devices without worrying about potential damage. We’ll discuss these in more detail later on.
Fishing: Since Vibe designed this kayak for fishing, it makes sense that it has many features that make this activity easier. First of all, customers are very satisfied with the flush mount fishing rod holders found on this kayak. There is a total of four – two in front of your seat and two behind it. All of them are capped, which is convenient to prevent debris from getting inside.
The center console on the Vibe fishing kayak serves as a mounting point for fish finders or additional rod holders including those from Vibe, Scotty, or RAM. These are all very easy to install and perfectly positioned for you to use while on the water. Also, you get tray holders on both sides, held in place with bungee cords. These are nice and will hold narrower tackle boxes very well.
As we mentioned earlier, this is a very stable kayak. It allows you to stand up when casting your bait or reeling in your catch, making things much easier. This won’t be compromised even when the water isn’t calm, which is a big advantage compared to many other fishing kayaks.
Convenience: The Vibe fishing kayak isn’t exceedingly long, meaning that the transportation process usually isn’t a problem. As for weight, customer opinions are split. There are significantly lighter and similarly sized kayaks, but you have to take into account that this is not a basic kayak and has a few upgrades.
Some people need help to carry the kayak when they need to cover a larger distance between the car and the water surface. If you’re often alone when going kayaking, you should think about investing in a kayak cart. Anyway, this kayak has four padded handles, so you can see that Vibe gave some thought to this.
You might also like: Emotion Spitfire 9 Kayak Review
For a compact kayak, it has really nice storage options. You get two 9-inch sealed hatches, which both have bags inside them for easier use. One is located right in front of your seat, while the other is in the bow area. Additionally, there is a tank well behind the seat, equipped with bungee cords of course. It’s spacious and handy to store and secure your deck bag or lunch cooler.
Even though you get ample space, this kayak has limitations in terms of total weight capacity. You won’t be able to overload it and bring the equipment you need for a longer trip. If you need a vessel to go exploring and camping with your friends, you’d be better off with a camping kayak.
- Exceptional maneuverability
- High level of comfort
- Comes with a Journey paddle
- Strong kayak body
- Convenient 9-inch sealed storage compartments
- Rod holders with caps
- Not very fast
- Not suitable for multi-day trips
We were quite impressed with this kayak, because of its ability to surprise and give more than expected. The comfort is excellent throughout the day, it’s very easy to fish out of it, and you will have a nice time paddling around. Besides, you can count on durability too since it comes from a manufacturer with a good reputation.
- Price: 95% – It’s amazing how many useful features you get with this one, without ruining your budget. It costs less than many other fishing kayaks in the same category, but it’s in no way inferior to any of them.
- Material: 95% – The body of this kayak is made of a single piece of polyethylene which was rotomolded. This process helps eliminate weak points on your kayak and prolongs the lifespan.
- Design: 90% – We’ve already mentioned the design a few times throughout this review, and it’s really one of the biggest upsides. You can expect a fair amount of adjustability, sufficient storage, and smart placement of the additional features so nothing is in the way but everything is within hand’s reach.
- Overall: 93% – The Vibe Yellowfin 100 kayak is a solid choice if you want a reliable vessel while shopping on a budget. A big plus is that it comes with seats and paddle included, which is not always the case with other products. Overall, this kayak will be a great fit for most users.
Globo Surf Overview
The bottom line, this is a smart choice regardless of whether you need a kayak for fishing or recreational purposes. The Vibe Yellowfin 100 kayak is suitable for any kayaker experience level since it’s much easier to use than most kayaks. The whole package is excellent and makes setting up your kayak for fishing a very simple task.
Also, it’s very budget-friendly and significantly decreases the kayaking cost, which is important to many people. All things considered, the positives of this one really outweigh the negatives, so you should give it a try!
Single Products Hardshell Reviews:
- FeelFree Lure 10 Kayak Review
- Wilderness Systems Tarpon 100 Angler Kayak Review
- Pelican Catch 120 Kayak Review
- Ocean Kayak Frenzy Sit-On-Top Kayak Review
- Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 Angler Review
- Perception Tribe 11.5 Review
- Wilderness Systems Aspire 105 Kayak Review
- Sun Dolphin Excursion 10 Sit-In Fishing Kayak Review
- Wilderness Systems Tsunami 125 Kayak Review
- Old Town Loon 120 Kayak Review
- Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Review
- Lifetime Sport Fisher Tandem Kayak Review
- Emotion Stealth Angler Kayak Review
- Old Town Kayak Twister Sit-On-Top Review
- A Review Of The Dagger Katana 10.4 Kayak
- Old Town Twin Heron Kayak Review