Considering that it’s very compact, the Feel Free Lure 10 fishing kayak comes with plenty of useful features that are needed for a great fishing trip. It focuses on comfort and stability, and also makes it incredibly easy for you to organize and mount your gear. Take a look at what makes the Lure 10 such a good choice for fishing:
- The gravity seat is extra-wide, adjustable, padded, and has pockets on the sides
- A large oval storage hatch in the bow keeps your gear dry
- The flip-up center console is convenient for smaller fishing accessories
- Uni-Track rail system for quick mounting your gear
- Spacious tank well with bungee cords for storing and securing your equipment
- Fishing rod holders behind the seat
- The standing pad and the stand-up leash make standing in the kayak safe
- Paddle holders on both sides to secure your kayak paddle
- Wheel in the keel makes moving the kayak easy
- Molded-in carry handles in the front, the sides, and the back
Length: 10 feet
Width: 36 inches
Weight: 69 pounds
Capacity: 375 pounds
Legroom: 44 inches
Console size: 13.5 x 6.5 x 5.5
Material: High-density polyethylene
Warranty: 3 years on materials, 1 year on accessories
Included accessories: Gravity seat, Uni-Track rail system, foot braces, stand up leash, bungee system, rod holders
Usability and Stability: This is an agile kayak that you control with ease. Users claim that it’s very maneuverable, so you won’t have any problems reaching your favorite fishing spot. The Feelfree Lure 10 works best on calm water, but it can tackle some waves too. As you probably know, most people use this kayak for single-day fishing trips. However, it has a large weight capacity and generous storage space, so it’s possible to take it on an overnight kayaking trip.
According to many users, this is one of the most stable kayaks on the market. At 36 inches wide, it’s much wider than your average fishing kayak, so you can even stand up while fishing. However, it’s not just about the width – this kayak features a special tri-hull design with an increased volume in the side sections, meaning it’s next to impossible to flip. As a bonus, the hull shape greatly improves tracking too.
Fishing: Kayakers say that fishing from this kayak is a real pleasure. It comes equipped with two flush mount rod holders behind the seat, which have bungee cords to secure the rod in place. These are conveniently placed so you can quickly reach and grab the rod. They are also great for holding a fishing net if you’re using a different rod holder.
You might also like:
Besides, the boat comes with a fantastic Uni-Track gear rail system that makes mounting of various accessories a piece of cake. You simply attach your gear to the mount and then slide the mount on the rail. The mount itself can be moved along the rail, or locked in place using the levers on it. This system allows you to mount a fish finder, a high-end rod holder, or a kayak GPS without having to drill into the hull.
As we mentioned earlier, the kayak allows you to stand up safely. Because of this stability, you can cast the reel in your catch easily. The standing platform is padded, comfortable, and provides you with an excellent grip. Also, there is a stand-up leash that you can grab when standing up or sitting down.
Storage: For a kayak of this size, the weight capacity is huge. However, this wouldn’t be worth much if the storage space wasn’t organized well. This kayak comes with a fantastic oval hatch at the bow, which is large and a great place for your backup fishing rods or some camping gear if you’re going on a longer trip. The hatch is fully waterproof thanks to the rubber gasket around the edges. Additionally, it has a hinge that makes opening and closing much more efficient.
In the back, you’ll find a spacious tank well that is equipped with a system of bungee cords, as well as a couple of straps that help secure your gear. It has more than enough space for a gear crate, but you can also fit a tackle box or a deck bag. Finally, the center console is great storage for smaller gear like tackle, fishing lines, or a pair of pliers.
Comfort: Not many kayaks can rival this one when it comes to comfort. Anglers say that the Gravity seat feels amazing throughout the day. One of the great things about it is that it allows you to adjust the height by simply using the lever on the front. The height difference between the lowest and the highest position is 10 inches, and you can also choose among several positions in between.
Users claim that the low position makes paddling much easier while raising the kayak seat is better for fishing because it gives you excellent visibility. It’s also worth mentioning that the seat has handy mesh pockets on both sides.
Like most sit-on-top kayaks, the cockpit on this one is very spacious. Besides, it comes with adjustable foot braces and plenty of legroom. You also get bungee-corded paddle holders on both sides which lock the paddle when you need to grab the fishing rod or want to take out your camera and snap a photo.
Portability: When it comes to portability, the manufacturer used a seemingly simple solution to make things much easier. The Feel Free Lure 10 fishing kayak comes with a “wheel in the keel” that allows you to “roll” the kayak down to the water instead of dragging the hull on the ground. This wheel not only protects the hull but also carries much of the weight since this is not exactly a lightweight kayak.
On the other hand, the overall weight might be a problem when picking up the kayak. It comes with four molded-in carry handles, but some users are going to have difficulties putting it on the roof rack on their own, and are going to need some help.
- Price: 90% – Even though the Feelfree Lure 10 is not a budget kayak, we feel that it’s a really good value because it comes with more features than most other kayaks in the same price range. If you also consider the great build quality, it really seems like a solid investment.
- Material: 95% – We are impressed with the high-density polyethylene construction of this fishing kayak. It’s incredibly tough and guarantees durability even if you bump a rock or two in the water. This material also makes the kayak resistant to UV rays, meaning it won’t deteriorate and become weaker from sun exposure.
- Design: 100% – The design of this kayak is fantastic – we haven’t come across many kayaks that were this good. You have all the adjustability you need, and plenty of ways to mount your fishing gear however you like it. Unlike most kayaks, this one allows you to stand on it without even the slightest worry you’ll tip over.
- Overall: 95% – We have many nice things to say about this kayak. It has everything an angler would want in their kayak, and it’s built to last. Sure, it’s not very fast on the water, but fishing kayaks are not made for that anyway.
Globo Surf Overview
The Feel Free Lure 10 is one of those kayaks that really stand out in the crowd. It’s a well-made vessel that is going to raise your fishing experience to a whole new level. It’s strong, stable, comfortable, and incredibly customizable. The Lure works great for any experience level – from seasoned kayakers to beginners just getting into kayak fishing. So, if you’re an angler looking for a reliable and long-lasting kayak that you can take pretty much anywhere, we really recommend this one.
More Hardshell Kayak Reviews:
- Pelican Catch 120 Kayak Review
- Ocean Kayak Frenzy Sit-On-Top Kayak Review
- Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 Angler Review
- Perception Tribe 11.5 Review
- Wilderness Systems Aspire 105 Kayak Review
- Sun Dolphin Excursion 10 Sit-In Fishing Kayak Review
- Wilderness Systems Tsunami 125 Kayak Review
- Old Town Loon 120 Kayak Review
- Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Review
- Lifetime Sport Fisher Tandem Kayak Review
- Emotion Stealth Angler Kayak Review
- Old Town Kayak Twister Sit-On-Top Review
- A Review Of The Dagger Katana 10.4 Kayak
- Old Town Twin Heron Kayak Review
- Ocean Kayak Caper Angler Review