The hull is blow-molded from high-density polyethylene for strength and durability. UV protection ensures the shell doesn’t peel, fade or crack. The hull design gives the Lifetime Sport Fisher its excellent stability while ensuring it also has great tracking.
Storage and attachment options include a rear storage hatch, fishing rod holders, bungees, ditty trays, paddle cradles, and shock cord straps. There is plenty of room to stash and attach fishing accessories such as a fishing cooler and personal gear such as a life jacket and drinks.
The Sport Fisher has seating space for up to three. There are two ergonomic seats for the paddlers and a third molded-in seat for a third person to sit side-on. Multiple molded footrest positions accommodate paddlers of all heights.
It is customizable and equipped with holes and mounts. There is a place for a trolling motor and Lifetime offers a rudder, a sail, and a trolling motor mount for sale separately.
Other features include scuppering holes for draining water from the cockpit area and molded carry handles at the front and rear.
Length: 10 feet (304,8 cm)
Width: 36 inches (91,4 cm)
Height: 19 inches
Draft: 6 in. (15,2 cm)
Weight: 60 lb. (27 kg)
Seating: Up to 3
Maximum Weight Capacity: 500 lb. (226,8 kg)
Paddle Length: 86.6 in. (220 cm)
Accessories: 2 Paddles, 2 padded backrests, 3 fishing pole<span style=”font-weight: 400;”> holders, paddle clips, and extra scupper plugs.
Warranty: 5-Year Limited Warranty
Ease of Handling: 10 feet long, 3 feet wide, and 60 pounds heavy, the Lifetime Sport Fisher Kayak is awkward for one person to handle, even with the in-built carry handles. A strong person can lift it and load it onto a vehicle single-handedly but more than one pair of hands is needed to load it in and out of a vehicle easily.
Practicality: As a single kayak, this is the perfect fishing platform even for big guys. As a tandem kayak<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>, sitting inside the boat and casting at the same time and in the same direction can be awkward but the good thing is that this kayak has the stability to enable anglers to fish how they want. One can fish sideways with legs extended into the water to enjoy the coolness, sit backward, sit cross-legged, and even cast while standing up.
When fishing with two people on it, casting in turns or sitting sideways with feet dangling in the water makes casting and other angling movements and actions easier. The Sport Fisher is designed for fishing in rivers, ponds, and lakes. It is meant for calm waters but can also handle wavy, choppy waters well should the situation call for it.
Comfort: One of the most stable kayaks on the market, the Sport Fisher is a comfortable water vessel. There is a lot of legroom and space in the seating area for it to be a luxurious sit on top kayak for a single paddler. It also offers adequate room for two adults seated closed together. Multiple footrest positions offer comfort to paddlers of all heights.
Seating comfort is where the Sport Fisher fails. Even though the kayak comes with two padded backrests, the lack of cushioning on the seats means that long hours of sitting and paddling, casting, waiting, and retrieving are going to be excruciating. We recommend getting more comfortable kayak seats, As most owners of this kayak have done.
Stability, Tracking, and Speed: Stability is where this kayak shines. Many kayakers say the Lifetime Sport 10′ Fisher is the most stable kayak they’ve ever been in. It’s got excellent initial and secondary stability. Whether there are three people on board or just one big guy, it is a stable fishing vessel. There is no feeling like it is going to tip over when getting in or out, maneuvering it, or landing and fighting a trophy catch. It is very hard to turn it over and it is also designed to float if it capsizes.
It is easy to paddle and control and stops pretty quickly and quietly when one stops paddling. Maneuvering it is easy as it turns on a dime. It tracks surprisingly well for its length and paddlers don’t have to exert a lot of effort to get it to go where they want. Tracking can be an issue when there’s strong wind or current. The good thing is that the kayak also allows for attaching a rudder or trolling motor to transform it into a fishing machine.
You might also like:
While the design and dimensions of the Lifetime Sport 10′ Fisher make it the most stable kayak, this is at the expense of speed. It is no speedboat but its leisurely speed is okay given that it is a fishing/sportsman recreational style kayak. For its intended use, it is still fast enough to cover a lot of water in no time.
- Material: 95% – Rotomolded construction using high-density polyethylene makes the Sport Fisher an incredibly tough kayak that can function with a 500 pounds load on board. This is a great choice of material that can withstand rough handling and frequent dings against rocks and this kayak will last many fishing seasons. The manufacturer has guaranteed this with a five-year warranty.
- Design: 95% – The design of the Lifetime Sport Fisher Kayak is perfect for its use as a fishing/sportsman kayak. The hull shape, length, and width give it excellent stability while ensuring that kayakers won’t have a hard time getting the kayak to track straight. It is also equipped with well thought out features such as a place for a trolling motor mount, fishing pole holders, and plenty of storage options.
- Price: 95% – The Lifetime Sport Fisher is reasonably priced and owners consider it a good value for money and a smart purchase. This is true when you consider its build quality, stability, performance, and the accessories it comes with.
- Overall: 95% – This is an accessibly priced kayak that has quality, strength, and durability. It is built to offer a lot of stability, is equipped with plenty of storage room, and has a huge payload. The Lifetime Sport Fisher is definitely one of the best fishing kayaks for one person, two people, or a family of three. At its price, you won’t find another vessel that fishes as well as it does.
Globo Surf Overview
One of the most stable kayaks, the Lifetime Sport Fisher Kayak is an excellent fishing kayak. With its stability and a payload of 500 pounds, it is a great choice if you’re looking for a tandem fishing kayak or a family kayak that will accommodate two adults and a kid or two adults and a four-legged companion. It is also a perfect platform for plus-sized kayakers and beginners and intermediate users.
The Lifetime Sport 10′ Fisher is also a versatile boat and great as a leisure kayak for camping trips and cruising leisurely as a family or with one or two friends. If you want a fast cruising vessel that can race at top speed, this is not the kayak for you. A sit-in kayak or a touring sit on a top touring kayak will suit you better.
Does the Lifetime Sport 10′ Fisher sound like the perfect kayak for you? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.
Single Products Hardshell Reviews:
- Ocean Kayak Caper Angler Review
- Perception Carolina 12 Kayak Review
- Vibe Yellowfin 100 Fishing Kayak Review
- Emotion Spitfire 9 Kayak Review
- Riot Kayaks Edge 14.5 LV Flatwater Day Touring Kayak Review
- Lifetime Manta Tandem Kayak Review
- Emotion Spitfire Tandem Kayak Review
- Vibe Skipjack 90 (And 120T) Kayak Review
- Sun Dolphin Camino 8 SS Kayak ReviewSaltwater Fishing Kayak
- Ocean Kayak Zest Two SOT Review
- Lifetime Tioga Kayak 120 (2 Pack) Review