Tri-Form Hull: The Ocean Kayak Caper features Ocean Kayak’s renowned Tri-Form hull. This lifetime warranty hull combines primary and secondary stability, tracking, and maneuverability. A long center keel also keeps the paddler straight. A skid plate on the bottom of the hull protects from rocks and other hard surfaces, preventing damage and increasing durability.
Comfort-Plus Seat: The Caper features a roomy cockpit and four-way adjustable Comfort Plus seat which is suitable for most body types and all-day paddling. The roomy, open cockpit with molded-in seat well and footwells also add comfort levels which are rare for a vessel this compact.
Polyethylene: The Caper’s durable linear polyethylene construction with molded-in graphics delivers years of faithful service and is easy to maintain. It also allows for the addition of additional features for your comfort and convenience, including a molded-in cup holder to keep beverages close at hand and negating the need to stop for extended periods of time to unscrew bottle lids.
Storage: Ocean Kayak has provided storage options rare for a boat this size. A large stern tank with bungee cords to secure your gear is ideal for a cooler box or large equipment. Bow storage with an easy-to-open Click Seal hatch provides splash-resistant storage to protect your gear. With a maximum capacity of 325lb, the Caper offers storage options that are usually only featured in kayaks of a much larger size.
You might also like: Perception Carolina 12 Kayak Review
Paddle Keepers: A bungee-cord paddle holder on the side of the boat makes it easy to secure your paddle and enjoy free hands for fishing, photography, wildlife watching, or even just to stop for a snack!
Bow and Stern Handle: The addition of handles on the bow, stern, and sides of the Caper makes it easy to load and unload, carry up and down the shore, and pull out of the water.
How easy a product is to use is an essential consideration when contemplating the suitability of a kayak for you! Keeping this in mind, the Ocean Kayak Caper guarantees you a comfortable, artful, and pleasant experience. With features such as the Tri-Form Hull and Comfort-Plus Seat, the Caper offers range, versatility, and adaptability, which are all extremely advantageous when using it for outdoor activities such as diving, fishing, and wilderness exploration. Given that the Caper can be maneuvered straight with ease, you can enjoy as many activities as your paddling prowess allows. If you prefer to pack a picnic to enjoy on the open water, or want to take your camera along to snap some seagulls as they try to steal your lunch, the easy-to-open Click Seal bow hatch and large stern tank well ensure you have enough space for whatever you need! Your phone, camera, monopod, wallet, and other valuables will be safe and sound inside the splash-resistant hatch.
The Caper weighs just 47lb and measures 11 feet long, making it possible for many strong kayakers to easily transport it to the water alone. However, those who are unable to carry this weight may need to bring a buddy to help or find a suitable place to park near the water to reduce the amount of distance necessary to carry the kayak.
At a compact 11 foot long, the Caper can easily be transported on the roof of most cars, in a kayak trailer, or the back of a truck. Bow and stern handles make it easy to carry the kayak and to load and unload it from a trailer or roof. This may be achieved alone, but some users might need the help of a friend. You should analyze your own strengths and needs before choosing an Ocean Kayak Caper, as those with a more petite build or less upper body strength need to consider if they will have somebody on hand to help every time they go kayaking. However, as it is advised with all water sports to never go out alone, this shouldn’t pose a challenge too often!
PERFORMANCE ON THE WATER:
Ocean Kayak Caper is a top of the range vessel when it comes to stability and durability, and is suitable for the paddling skills of any level, from novice to expert. The renowned Tri-Form hull guarantees stability, tracking, and maneuverability, while the skid plate and lifetime warranty on the hull ensure durability, an important factor when facing waves and rocky shores. However, the Caper is quite a wide kayak, which, while adding to the stability and functionality of the boat, reduces its speed significantly in comparison to slimmer racing kayaks. If you are looking for a multi-functional, stable, and durable workhorse that will allow you to bring along everything you need for endless ocean activates, and you aren’t too worried about racing your buddies, then the Caper is definitely the kayak for you!
- Price: 100% – The Caper is a competitively priced ocean kayak. With all the comfort and storage features of a larger kayak and a stable and durable design, finding a better value ocean kayak would be quite the challenge!
- Material: 100% – Durable linear polyethylene construction with molded-in features ensures that your Caper will have a long lifespan. The skid plate on the bottom of the hull also protects from rocks and other hard surfaces.
- Design: 95% – This ocean kayak caper feels bigger than it looks. It’s comfortable, stable, durable, and easy to maneuver. It scores lower in this category due to its failure to compete with faster kayaks, however, speedier kayaks could not offer the same comfort features as the Caper.
- Overall: 98% –This is a safe, comfortable, versatile, and easy-to-use kayak, and is perfect for paddlers who want to spend leisurely afternoons facing the waves.
Globo Surf Overview
Sturdy, stable, and easy to maneuver, the Ocean Kayak Caper is one of the best all-around Ocean Kayaks. It is extremely versatile and has the perfect features for fishing, diving, snorkeling, photography, or a picnic at sea! The use of top quality materials and cutting-edge design make the Caper excellent value for money. The kayak is ideal for beginners and experts alike, so if you’re looking to invest in hours of fun on the waves, the Caper might just be the perfect ocean kayak for you!
Single Products Hardshell Reviews:
- Lifetime Sport Fisher Tandem Kayak Review
- Emotion Stealth Angler Kayak Review
- Old Town Kayak Twister Sit-On-Top Review
- A Review Of The Dagger Katana 10.4 Kayak
- Old Town Twin Heron Kayak Review
- Vibe Yellowfin 100 Fishing Kayak Review
- Emotion Spitfire 9 Kayak Review
- Riot Kayaks Edge 14.5 LV Flatwater Day Touring Kayak Review
- Lifetime Manta Tandem Kayak Review
- Emotion Spitfire Tandem Kayak Review
- Vibe Skipjack 90 (And 120T) Kayak Review
- Sun Dolphin Camino 8 SS Kayak ReviewSaltwater Fishing Kayak
- Ocean Kayak Zest Two SOT Review
- Lifetime Tioga Kayak 120 (2 Pack) Review