Lifetime Tioga 120 Sit-On-Top Kayak with Paddle
- What Makes This Kayak Stand Out
- Really good for beginners
- Easy to control
- Comes with paddles
- Color looks great
Size: 12ft (L) x 31in (W) x 14.1in (H)
Even though the Tioga kayak isn’t packed with features, it seems that everything is where it should be. Details are there to increase your comfort and make using the kayak easier, safer, and more enjoyable. Take a look at some of the most prominent features found on this kayak.
- Multiple footrests
- Two storage tanks
- Dry storage compartment
- Paddles are included
- Flat bottom
- Molded footrests
- High-density polyethylene construction
Length: 12 feet
Width: 31 inches
Depth: 14.1 inches
Weight: 50 pounds
Capacity: 275 pounds
Material: High-density polyethylene (HDPE) with UV resistance, blow-molded
Warranty: 5-year limited warranty
Included accessories: Kayak paddles, foldable backrest
Usability: Ease of use was Lifetime’s main goal when designing this kayak, and users recognize this. Even though it’s made for adults, this kayak can safely be used by larger children too. This fact has convinced many families to get this pack when kayaking with kids.
The kayak itself is incredibly light, considering its 12ft length. This makes carrying the kayak much easier compared to other similarly sized vessels. It has two regular padded handles on the sides, as well as T-shaped handles on the bow and stern. All this indicates you won’t have trouble transporting it.
Many users appreciate the addition of kayak paddles to this package. They are strong, well made, and efficient. This is important because it saves you money since you would otherwise have to buy a paddle if a kayak doesn’t include it. About this, the kayak includes paddle parks where you can securely store them when not in use.
Performance: When it comes to performance, it depends on what you’re looking for. The Tioga is certainly not the fastest kayak you can get, but it is very reliable. Because of the hull design, it gives you excellent tracking, making things easier even for those of you who still haven’t properly mastered the kayak paddling technique.
Durability: This recreational kayak is made to endure all the harsh conditions it may get exposed to. As you had the chance to see, the whole body is made of blow-molded HDPE. Blow-molding means that the kayak was made as one piece, instead of merging separate pieces. This creates smooth edges and eliminates any weak points, which in turn increases durability.
This kayak won’t get easily damaged if you bump into something while in water, and the structure won’t deteriorate after being exposed to the sun for a long time (thanks to the UV protection). To support this durability claim and give you peace of mind, Lifetime gives out an incredible 5-year warranty.
Comfort: The comfort of this kayak is really good, especially if you consider the simplicity of the design. You get a molded seat with a plastic backrest. The backrest is adjustable to some extent, by tightening the straps that hold it in place. As for the molded seat, users say that it’s ok but that you can also upgrade it with a cushion.
Another problem with molded seats is that you’ll be sitting in a puddle when water gets inside, even though the seat has scupper holes. If you decide you want to raise the comfort to a higher level, consider investing in a good kayak seat.
This kayak is suitable for both taller and shorter users, thanks to the molded footrests. These allow you to find the most comfortable position for sitting in. Besides, you get the stability you need when paddling, instead of sliding in the seat because you don’t have proper support. Finally, it has a molded cup holder which is very convenient to keep your beverage close at hand, once you take it out of your kayak cooler in the back.
Stability: This is certainly one of the biggest upsides of this kayak and the thing that draws most users. The kayak has a flat bottom with deep tracking channels and chine rails. All this makes it almost impossible to tip, even if you tried. This is why it’s very popular among inexperienced kayakers who don’t want to compromise their kayaking safety in any way.
Because of the hull design, the Lifetime Tioga kayak has a very low center of gravity which has proved to be a real plus. It allows you to easily get in and out of the kayak, without the vessel moving too much.
You might also like: 5 Best Kayaks For Women In 2022
With all this said, you should know that it has some limitations too. It’s primarily designed for flatwater use (such as lakes), and it’s not recommended for rapids. Furthermore, it isn’t recommended for ocean use either. If you need this type of open water kayak you should take a look at our selection of ocean kayaks.
Storage: Kayakers are very happy with the storage options this kayak offers since it’s more than enough room to pack everything you need for the day. Behind your seat, you will find a sealed 6-inch storage hatch. It’s a good spot to keep your electronics and valuables so they don’t get wet. However, the hatch doesn’t contain a bag inside, and it might be a good idea to add one.
In both the front and back you will find storage tanks that are bungee-corded. These are incredibly convenient since you can secure other kayak accessories you brought on your trip, for example, a lunch cooler or a life jacket. Many users say that the front area is large enough for a pet, so you can throw in a blanket and bring your dog along too.
- Two kayaks for an excellent price
- Great for beginners
- Fantastic stability
- Easy to maneuver
- Paddles are included
- Not very fast
- Molded seat
We’re very impressed with what this kayak has to offer. The Lifetime Tioga 120 sit-on-top kayak isn’t too sophisticated or packed with features, but offers everything you need to enjoy all the kayaking health benefits. It’s easy to control, very stable, and spacious enough to give you comfort throughout the day.
- Price: 100% – You’ll have trouble finding a better package for this amount of money. You get two kayaks with paddles, without ruining your budget. And what’s even more important, these are high-quality kayaks that are going to last for quite some time, investing even better.
- Material: 95% – The HDPE used for this kayak is a material of choice for all high-quality kayaks. It doesn’t bend, deform, break, or get punctured, and stays stable for many years. We also like the UV-resistance that this kayak has since this guarantees it will retain its vibrant color for a long time.
- Design: 85% – When it comes to the design, it’s pretty basic but really functional. You won’t get high levels of adjustability, or compatibility with other kayak gear for that matter. However, you do get plenty of storage options and a high level of versatility. As we said, it can be used by kids too, or you can use it when kayaking with your dog thanks to the extended front area.
- Overall: 93% – Overall, we think really highly of this one. It’s a great kayak that offers a high level of security and maneuverability, without pretending to be something it’s not. Also, selling these as a two-pack is a really nice touch, since it will reduce the overall cost of kayaking if you buy the pack instead of getting kayaks separately.
Globo Surf Overview
The bottom line, we think this is a fantastic deal. Not many other kayaks will give you so much value for your money. The Lifetime Tioga Kayak 120 is great not just for beginners, but also for kayakers who wish to get a reliable vessel for laid-back adventures. It’s sure to give you loads of fun on the water and, because you get two kayaks, you can share the fun with someone too!
Single Products Hardshell Reviews:
- Oru Folding Kayak Review
- Perception Kayak Pescador Pro 12.0 Review
- Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100 Fishing Kayak Review
- Sun Dolphin Aruba 10 Kayak Review
- Vibe Sea Ghost 130 Angler Kayak Review
- Sun Dolphin Journey 10 SS Kayak Review
- Sun Dolphin Bali SS 10ft Kayak Review
- Old Town Saranac 146 Canoe Review
- Ocean Kayak Malibu Two Tandem Kayak Review
- Wilderness System Tarpon 120 Fishing Kayak Review
- Hobie Mirage Pro Angler 12 Kayak Review
- Perception Pescador 10 Kayak Review