Like we said, this one is full of useful features. They allow you to easily mount and attach all your fishing accessories and gear without making any modifications to the kayak. This makes the Vibe Kayaks Sea Ghost 130 very user-friendly, and this is a huge reason why so many people choose it instead of any other. Additional focus point has been put on comfort and easy maneuverability, so you can get the full experience. Here are some of the most prominent features.
- Toe-controlled rudder system
- Two dry storage compartments
- Sealed center console with mounting points
- Two flush-mount rod holders
- Two tray holders
- Gear tracks on the side
- Bungee cord paddle holders
- Tank well with bungee cords
- Vibe Hero adjustable seat
Length: 13 feet
Width: 33 inches
Depth: 15 inches
Weight: 75 pounds
Capacity: 550 pounds
Material: High-density polyethylene
Maneuverability: You won’t have any trouble maneuvering this kayak. The kayak paddle you get in the package is good, and the whole kayak has excellent tracking. You should note that some inexperienced kayakers may encounter some problems in the beginning, because of the kayak length. However, if you master the proper paddling technique, this one will be a real joy to be in.
A thing that separates the Vibe Sea Ghost 130 from many other products is the integrated rudder system. Located at the transom, the rudder is controlled with your feet (toes). The pedals are conveniently placed in the front part of the cockpit, so you can easily use the rudder while paddling.
The rudder is more than helpful when you need to turn your kayak or navigate through tight spaces. You won’t be able to do it quickly, but it makes things much easier than using the paddle on its own. Furthermore, the rudder helps you keep your vessel straight in windy conditions or strong currents.
This system saves you a lot of energy while on the water, which is why both beginners and experienced anglers really like it. And if you want to save even more energy, you’ll be glad to know that many users have installed trolling motors on their Sea Ghosts and that the combination works really well.
Storage: As with other 13-foot kayaks, you can expect a large amount of storage space onboard. The weight capacity is great, and with a total of 550lbs, you can also bring things you need for an overnight kayak trip, such as a sleeping bag or a camping tent.
As for specifics, we already mentioned the storage compartment in the middle, under the center console. This space is good for keeping all the things you need at hand, for example, replacement fishing lines or pliers. Even with this inside, it still has plenty of room for other gear.
You will also get two dry storage compartments – one at the bow and the other one behind your seat. The one at the bow has a 20-inch hatch, while the one behind the seat measures 8 inches in diameter and is really convenient for smaller things like your electronic devices or a kayak knife. Both compartments have bags inside, which users really like.
At the back, you will find a tank well with adjustable bungees. It’s a good place for your deck bag, cooler, or other gear. However, it’s a bit narrow which can be a problem when packing larger things. On the sides, you will find tackle box trays with bungee cords, but wide boxes won’t be able to fit in there.
Comfort: This sit-on-top kayak comes with a Vibe Hero seat which is comfortable and easily adjustable. You can choose between two (high and low) sitting positions, based on your preference. The seat itself is made of mesh, which is a plus because it dries off quickly in case it gets wet.
Furthermore, it can easily be removed completely, and replaced with a different kayak seat if you wish to do so. Kayakers are generally very happy with the overall comfort, so you won’t have an aching body even after long hours in this one.
Transport: Transporting this kayak is perhaps one of its rare downsides, depending on how you look at it. Since it’s long, you won’t be able to carry it on your own. You will either need a kayak cart or have a friend help you carry it.
On the upside, it has padded carry handles for a more comfortable grip, and it isn’t too heavy. Additionally, the size can be a problem when packing it into your vehicle, which is why you should learn how to strap a kayak to a roof rack.
You might also like:
All things considered, this is really an excellent product. It has a couple of shortcomings, but it’s easily one of the best in its category. This kayak managed to overcome the obstacle where many fishing kayaks get stuck – a good balance between stability and speed. The Vibe Kayaks Sea Ghost 130 is fast, and you don’t have to worry about tipping over even in bad conditions.
- Price: 100% – For this amount of money, you won’t be able to find a better kayak than this one. Vibe has succeeded in making a very functional vessel with all the required features, while still being mindful of your budget and reducing the overall cost of kayaking.
- Material: 95% – Like all high-quality kayaks, the polyethylene gives it the required strength to endure everything you may encounter both in the water and on land. It won’t bend, break or lose its properties, so you can count on it to last for a large number of years.
- Design: 95% – The design of this kayak is one of its biggest upsides. It seems as though the manufacturer took all the good solutions from various other kayak models, and integrated them into a well-functioning new blend.
- Overall: 97% – We really like the fantastic versatility of this kayak. It has everything an angler would want from a new vessel. Numerous users have said that they got more than they had hoped for, and that’s a great recommendation on its own.
Globo Surf Overview
If you choose to buy the Vibe Sea Ghost 130, you will quickly realize that it’s a fantastic investment. It comes fully equipped with everything you may need, so you can take it out on the water right away. With this one, you can count on a very comfortable and relaxed fishing trip. Thanks to its size, it can even be used for longer trips and camping adventures. You will really get a lot for your money, so it’s definitely worth trying it out.
Single Hardshell Product Reviews:
- Lifetime Sport Fisher Tandem Kayak Review
- Emotion Stealth Angler Kayak Review
- Old Town Kayak Twister Sit-On-Top Review
- A Review Of The Dagger Katana 10.4 Kayak
- Old Town Twin Heron Kayak Review
- Ocean Kayak Caper Angler Review
- Perception Carolina 12 Kayak Review
- Vibe Yellowfin 100 Fishing Kayak Review
- Emotion Spitfire 9 Kayak Review
- Riot Kayaks Edge 14.5 LV Flatwater Day Touring Kayak Review
- Lifetime Manta Tandem Kayak Review
- Emotion Spitfire Tandem Kayak Review
- Vibe Skipjack 90 (And 120T) Kayak Review
- Sun Dolphin Camino 8 SS Kayak ReviewSaltwater Fishing Kayak
- Ocean Kayak Zest Two SOT Review
- Lifetime Tioga Kayak 120 (2 Pack) Review