The features you get with the Aspire 105 kayak are top-notch – Wilderness Systems did their best to give you a comfortable kayak that is exciting to paddle. The padded and adjustable seat and the spring-loaded skeg system are just some of the things included to improve your experience on the water. Take a quick look at everything this recreational kayak has to offer:
- Phase3 AirPro seat allows adjustability in any direction for top-level comfort
- TruTrak spring-loaded skeg system is easy to use and works like a charm
- Thigh and knee padding gives you added comfort and stability when paddling
- Adjustable foot brace system gives you ideal foot position
- Orbix stern hatch is waterproof and wide for storing all your gear
- Molded-in dashboard with bungee cords for a water bottle or other small items
- Bungee deck rigging for securing some equipment right on the deck
- Stern bulkhead prevents the kayak from flooding and keeps hatch content dry
- A replaceable skid plate allows you to drag the kayak without damaging the hull
- Padded bow and stern carry handles for comfortable carrying
Length: 10 feet 6 inches
Width: 29 inches
Height: 15.5 inches
Weight: 48 pounds
Cockpit size: 51.5 x 23.5 inches
Capacity: 400 pounds
Material: High-density polyethylene, rotomolded
Warranty: Lifetime on materials and workmanship, 1 year on accessories
Color schemes: Atomic orange, galaxy, midnight, mango
Included accessories: TruTrak spring-loaded skeg, Phase 3 AirPro seat, SlideLock XL foot brace system, Orbix stern hatch, bungee deck rigging, bow, and stern carry handles, skid plate
Performance and Stability: People are very happy with what this kayak can do. As we said earlier, it’s really easy to handle in all sorts of different conditions. The Wilderness Systems Aspire 105 is equipped with a spring-loaded retractable skeg system, which you easily control by pulling on a string on line. The skeg greatly helps with the tracking and keeps your kayak going straight while you practice your paddling technique.
Not only does it perform well, but the Aspire is also remarkably stable. Users say that you feel so safe that it’s even possible to stand up. This has much to do with the multiple chines on the sides that prevent the kayak from tipping, meaning you don’t have much to worry about in terms of kayak safety. However, you should always be responsible and wear a life jacket whenever going out on the water.
Cockpit: The cockpit of this kayak gives you an incredible level of comfort. In this aspect, the Aspire kayak is ahead of most of its competition. Kayakers really enjoy spending long hours in it, because the Phase3 AirPro kayak seat guarantees your body doesn’t go numb. You can adjust the seat however you like in every direction and get the best possible support.
Additionally, the cockpit is equipped with adjustable foot braces. People say that they are well-made and offer comfortable positions for those with longer legs. When your feet are in position, you can comfortably rest your legs on the thigh pads on the sides. Finally, the cockpit opening is large, which users like very much. It’s easy to get in and out of the Aspire 105 kayak, which is not always the case when you buy a sit-inside kayak.
Storage: One of the many good things about this one is the amount of storage you get. Kayakers even use it for overnight kayaking trips, since you can pack everything you need without trouble. The main storage area is the Orbix stern hatch. It’s fully watertight and locked with two lever locks. There is enough space inside for a sleeping bag, a lunch cooler, or even a fishing rod if that is your thing.
In addition to this, the deck is rigged with bungee cords (both the bow and the stern area). This is very convenient since it allows you to easily secure any gear you need within your hands reach. It can also be used for tying down a deck bag or sliding the tip of your kayak paddle underneath it so you don’t lose it in the water.
In the front area of your cockpit, you will find a small but very functional molded-in console. Kayakers say that it’s very convenient, especially since it comes with several bungee cords to hold all the smaller items in place.
Portability: Considering its size and features, this is not a heavy kayak. This being said, at 48lbs, not everyone can carry the kayak on their own. It does come with comfortable carry handles at the bow and stern, but some people say that lifting it by yourself is a bit too much. This is why it’s not a bad idea to get a kayak cart to help you bring it to the water. In any case, it also has a skid plate so you can even drag it over short distances.
You might also be interested in:
As for transportation, it is possible to fit this kayak in the back of some pickup trucks, which makes things far less complicated. On the other hand, you can get a roof rack to transport it if your vehicle isn’t big enough. Additionally, keep in mind that this is a sit-inside kayak and that you need a cockpit cover if you want to keep it dry and clean while transporting it.o
- Price: 90% – At first glance, the Aspire 105 kayak may seem a bit expensive. You might think there are cheaper alternatives, but trust us when we say that these alternatives come nowhere near it in terms of quality. This is a well-made kayak with a beautiful design, and we think it’s worth the investment.
- Material: 95% – This kayak is very tough and can withstand anything you throw its way. The high-density polyethylene body won’t get damaged by bumps or scratches. This allows you to be worry-free when using it, and we really like that.
- Design: 100% – There are many things to like about this kayak. We appreciate that they’ve made a very generous cockpit since cramped cockpits are a common problem with sit-inside kayaks. Of course, that’s not the only thing – the overall adjustability and functionality make your ride very enjoyable. And if you add its good looks on top, you really get a complete package.
- Overall: 95% – We generally like everything this kayak has to offer – it’s perfectly balanced for a nice and relaxing day out on the water. If you’re looking for a kayak for recreation anywhere and in any condition, this one is highly recommended.
Globo Surf Overview
All things considered, the Wilderness Systems Aspire 105 is a carefully designed kayak without many flaws. It is going to give you a reliably stable ride, all while being easy to control even to those of you who are just learning how to paddle. As we mentioned earlier, it’s large enough for any user and allows you to bring as much equipment as you want, which is always a big plus. This model is pretty much a safe bet, so give it a go and see what the other kayakers are talking about.
Single Products Hardshell Reviews:
- Pelican Catch 120 Kayak Review
- Ocean Kayak Frenzy Sit-On-Top Kayak Review
- Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 Angler Review
- Perception Tribe 11.5 Review
- Old Town Loon 120 Kayak Review
- Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Review
- Lifetime Sport Fisher Tandem Kayak Review
- Emotion Stealth Angler Kayak Review
- Old Town Kayak Twister Sit-On-Top Review