The features on this one are fully oriented towards comfort and safety. It seems that the manufacturer gave their best to make sure you have a great time. Sure, it’s not packed with features as some other kayaks, but you really get everything you need. Take a closer look at some of the details that make this Tribe kayak so great.
- Adjustable seat padded with EVA foam
- Two storage wells with bungee cords
- Cockpit hatch with a bag inside
- Molded-in footrests
- Replaceable skid plate
- Four grab handles
Length: 11 feet 5 inches
Width: 30.25 inches
Height: 16 inches
Weight: 52 pounds
Capacity: 350 pounds
Material: High-density polyethylene, rotomolded
Warranty: 5-year warranty
Usability: This is a beginner-friendly kayak that everyone can enjoy. Users say it’s really easy to paddle and maneuver. It’s very responsive, even if you still don’t have your paddling technique where you want it to be. Compared to the shorter version of the Tribe kayak, this one comes with a speed boost too, thanks to the longer and narrower hull.
According to the manufacturer, this recreational kayak works best in flat water (lakes and ponds). However, many users have tested it in different conditions and were really satisfied with the performance. It works well in slower rivers and creeks, and can also be used in calm coastal waters. Still, if you plan to take your kayak to open waters where the currents and waves are stronger, you’d be better off with an ocean kayak.
Stability: The hull on this kayak has a large surface area while being pretty flat. This means that the kayak has excellent primary stability, making it next to impossible to tip over during standard use. Besides, the high stability makes it very easy to get in and out of the kayak, since it won’t rock too much.
Overall stability is particularly important to beginners who have yet to overcome their fear. This kayak makes you less concerned about kayaking safety and helps you lose your fear faster. Of course, even though the chance of falling overboard is small, never forget to wear your life jacket.
Users generally agree that this is a very buoyant kayak. It certainly helps that it comes with six scupper holes (four in the foot area and two in the rear tank well). These holes eliminate the water that had gotten inside and helped keep your vessel above the water surface. You’ll be glad to hear that this kayak complies with US Coast Guard regulations, which can give you peace of mind when it comes to safety.
Comfort: Kayakers agree that comfort is perhaps the best thing this kayak has to offer. This has much to do with the exceptional kayak seat that comes installed on the Perception Tribe 11.5. It’s padded with a thick layer of EVA foam that guarantees great support and a high level of comfort.
Also, the seatback can be adjusted by height, allowing you to customize the support against your back. It’s an ergonomic seat that keeps you in a comfortable position throughout the day without making your body feel sore. If you need to, the seat can be folded when packing or even completely removed.
This kayak comes with molded-in footrests and plenty of positions, allowing everyone to find the optimal one. Combined with the seat, it makes the kayak really comfortable even for taller and heavier users. Finally, this sit-on-top kayak comes equipped with a cup holder, which is handy for your beverage once you take it out of the kayak cooler.
Storage: Since this kayak is 11ft. long, it gives you more than enough space for your gear. It comes with two inkwells (one at each end of the kayak), and both are rigged with bungee cords. The bow tankwell is small, while the stern tank well is larges and deeper, with more than enough space for a dry bag or a lunch cooler.
Additionally, this kayak also comes with one small hatch in the middle of the boat. It measures 6 inches in diameter, and it’s convenient for storing smaller items you want to keep close to hand. The insides are lined with a bag to prevent things from moving around too much.
However, users have said that the cover is not fully waterproof and that some amount of water will end up inside. Because of this, you should be careful when placing small electronics inside. We recommend that you either make the seal better or place your valuables in a small dry bag.
Transportation: This kayak is not too heavy, but it is a bit long. Kayakers say that some people can pick it up on their own, while others need help when they want to carry the kayak. It comes with four handles – two that are molded-in on the sides, and two that are soft and located at the bow and stern.
You might also like:
These handles (at the ends) can also be used to drag the kayak. Doing this is perfectly safe since the kayak is equipped with a replaceable skid plate that protects the hull from damage.
As for putting it in your vehicle, you will come across some problems. It won’t fit in the back of your truck, so it’s a much better idea to get a kayak roof rack and tie it down. An additional upside is that the Tribe kayaks can be stacked on top of each other. This allows people who own several of them to pack them tightly together before putting them on the rack or the kayak trailer.
The Tribe 11.5 is a very likable kayak. We’re not talking just about its eye-pleasing looks, but about the kayak as a whole. It’s an excellent choice for anyone who wants to learn how to kayak, and fall in love with kayaking along the way. It’s also a huge upside that it’s made to be tough and long-lasting, without ruining your budget along the way.
- Price: 100% – You can be certain that you won’t find a better kayak for this amount of money – it’s one of the best recreational kayaks you’ll come across. Considering the build quality and the overall performance, investing in it is definitely worth the money.
- Material: 95% – Like all other Tribe kayaks, this one is also made of high-density polyethylene using the rotomolding process. This gives it excellent strength and abrasion resistance, so you can be worry-free when using it. Also, it has UV protection, which prevents fading and makes sure that the beautiful colors stay vibrant for a long time.
- Design: 90% – This kayak is designed so that everyone can use it. We like the stability and the ease of paddling, but also the added speed that this longer Tribe comes with. It really allows you to enjoy all the kayaking health benefits, while still having fun. Finally, we must add that both color schemes look great.
- Overall: 95% – We have a really nice opinion regarding this vessel, and think it offers great value for money. We would recommend it to anyone who wants a basic but well-made kayak to just kick back and relax.
Globo Surf Overview
As you had the chance to see, the Perception Tribe 11.5 guarantees a good time on the water. The biggest upside is that all kayakers can enjoy it, regardless of their experience level. Additionally, you can count on it to last a long time since it comes from a reliable manufacturer.
In the end, we shouldn’t forget that this vessel is affordable to everyone, and most of us are very conscious when it comes to the cost of kayaking. All things considered, this is a fantastic kayak that is going to make your next kayaking adventure a trip to remember.
Single Products Hardshell Reviews:
- Oru Folding Kayak Review
- Perception Kayak Pescador Pro 12.0 Review
- Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100 Fishing Kayak Review
- Sun Dolphin Aruba 10 Kayak Review
- Vibe Sea Ghost 130 Angler Kayak Review
- Sun Dolphin Journey 10 SS Kayak Review
- Sun Dolphin Bali SS 10ft Kayak Review
- Old Town Saranac 146 Canoe Review
- Ocean Kayak Malibu Two Tandem Kayak Review
- Wilderness System Tarpon 120 Fishing Kayak Review
- Hobie Mirage Pro Angler 12 Kayak Review
- Perception Pescador 10 Kayak Review
- FeelFree Lure 10 Kayak Review