Casio Men’s Sport Analog Dive Watch
- What Makes This Dive Watch Stand Out
- Water resistant up to 330ft
- Bezel rotates both ways
- Day and date window
- Luminous hands, markers, and numerals
- Extremely affordable
Case diameter: 43mm
Water resistance: 330ft
Considering that the Casio Sport analog dive watch isn’t a high-end product, it still has a few features that you will find useful. It comes with a nice bezel, day and date window, lume on the hands, and an extremely precise mechanism among other things. Take a quick look at all the things it gives you:
- Hands and numerals on the dial are luminous and easy to see in the dark
- Small day and a date window at 3’clock position
- Grooved bezel with 5-minute marks turns both ways
- Resin strap and case make this watch pretty light
- Several color options for customizing your look
- Excellent battery life and easy replacement
- The reliable Quartz mechanism makes the watch very accurate
Case diameter: 43mm
Case thickness: 12mm
Case Material: Resin
Dial: Black with three hands
Calendar: Day and date
Bezel: Resin, bidirectional
Band length: Standard for men
Band Material: Resin
Lug width: 18mm
Weight: 2.08 Ounces
Water resistance: 330ft (100m)
Movement: Japanese quartz
Battery: SR626SW battery, replaceable
Warranty: 1-year warranty
Design: When you look at it, you see that the Casio MRW200H has that casual/sporty design that many people love. What’s additionally good about it though, is that this model comes in many different color schemes (on the hands, case, and the band), giving you a nice choice when buying.
As for the construction, it’s basic but pretty decent. Unlike many other dive watches, this one, unfortunately, doesn’t have a screw-down crown. Some people don’t like this, but most divers say it doesn’t present a problem in the water. The crown itself is located at 4 o’clock, has two positions (for setting the time/date), and has crown guards on the sides.
The dial on this watch is well-designed and features an outlined day/date window which owners really like. There is a small amount of text on the dials, as well as the luminous marks and numerals. This analog watch comes with three dials which are white on the basic model, and give a nice contrast against the black color of the dial. They are luminous when you’re in the dark, but unfortunately not for very long.
This watch also comes with a bi-directional bezel for which the users say is nicely made. Some people were afraid that a bezel that rotates both ways will move accidentally and disrupt the measurement, but it doesn’t turn that easily so you shouldn’t expect this type of problem.
The print on it is easily visible, with Arabic numerals at every five-minute mark. A thing that users point out when it comes to the bezel is that the triangle at 12 o’clock isn’t luminous, as this would allow you to follow the bezel position in the dark.
As we mentioned earlier, this whole watch is made from resin. Although some people say it feels a bit cheap when you first get it, it proved to be pretty tough. The casing and the band are made from the same material, and they feel really good against your wrist. When preparing for a dive holiday, this watch can be an excellent basic solution for tracking time underwater. However, if you want more functions or something sophisticated, you should check out a dive computer instead.
Diving and everyday use: One of the notable things about this watch is its lightweight – you barely feel it on you. However, users have split opinions when it comes to this. Some like wearing a watch that doesn’t become heavy and tiring on your arm, while others complain that it doesn’t feel right since it’s so much lighter than most other dive watches (which is also true). In any case, it’s easy to wear over your clothing, regardless of whether you’re wearing a wetsuit or a dry suit.
This watch is suitable for any type of water, and many scuba instructors recommend it for scuba diving beginners. The depth rating is true and tested thoroughly (both by Casio and many divers), and the watch doesn’t have any problem with leaking whatsoever.
Finally, we already mentioned how accurate it is. Numerous users are thrilled by this – you set it once and then you can leave it be because it always shows the correct time. On the other hand, you do need to set the day/date once a month, which isn’t really hard to do. In addition to diving, this versatile watch can be used for many different activities on the water like fishing or surfing.
Durability: Most watch enthusiasts say that the Casio Sport analog dive watch has greatly exceeded their expectations when it comes to durability. Even though it looks questionable at first, this waterproof watch really holds its own even with constant use. On top of this, Casio gives you a 1-year warranty, which is a nice coverage if anything unexpected happens.
As you well know, this is a battery-powered Quartz watch. It uses SR626SW batteries which are cheap to buy and easy to replace, so don’t worry about that. The average lifespan of a battery is around three years, meaning you don’t have to do it often either. However, be sure to learn how to maintain a dive watch, which will certainly help it last longer.
- Simple and easy to use
- Lightweight and comfortable on your wrist
- Day/Date window is a nice touch
- The bezel rotates both ways
- Incredibly accurate
- Very budget-friendly
- The dial window is easy to scratch
- Lume in the hands fades quickly
- A backlight would be useful
- Price: 100% – We think that this is the best budget dive watch you can get. It easily beats all the others in this category, and it’s amazing how reliable it is. If money is your concern, you should definitely look at this one. Additionally, it also makes a really nice gift for divers, if you have diving enthusiasts among your friends and family.
- Material: 85% – To keep the price low, there had to be some cuts, so this whole watch is made of resin (plastic) instead of higher-quality materials. This doesn’t mean it isn’t good enough, it just means that it’s going to be easier to scratch and that it shows wear signs faster than some other watches. Luckily, it will still work flawlessly, which is the most important thing.
- Design: 90% – We like the design of this watch – it’s very easy to use. You don’t get some spectacular functions with it, but it works great on a diving session or when wearing it casually. You really can’t expect more considering the low price.
- Overall: 92% – The Casio Sport analog dive watch is a good wristwatch that gives you plenty of value for your money. People say that it tends to grow on you with time, and the more you use it, the more you’ll love it. We can honestly recommend it to anyone looking to save some money on diving accessories, or simply looking for a nice everyday watch.
You might also be interested in:
Citizen Watches BN0151-09L Promaster Dive Watch
Globo Surf Overview
All things considered, the Casio MRW200H is an excellent budget dive watch. We agree with the users – it’s much better than it seems at first. Even though it doesn’t look very strong when you get it out of the box, it can withstand some wear and tear both in and out of the water. As we pointed out, this is a versatile product – excellent for any type of water activity.
This isn’t one of those watches you buy as a fashion accessory, but to fully use and enjoy it without having to worry too much. Think about putting it on your dive checklist, you might be pleasantly surprised too.
Single Scuba Products Reviews:
- Suunto D4i Novo Dive Computer Review
- Aqua Lung I100 Dive Computer Review
- Seiko SKX007K Dive Watch Review
- Luminox 3001 Navy Seal Dive Watch Review
- Orient Men’s Ray II Dive Watch Review
- Suunto D4F Black Freedive Computer Review
- Mares Nemo Wide Dive Computer Review
- Citizen Watch BM8180-03E Dive Watch Review
- Invicta 8926OB Pro Diver Dive Watch Review
- Mares Puck Pro Dive Computer Review
- Aqua Lung I300 Dive Computer Review
More Watch Reviews:
- Seiko Skx007k
- Orient Ray 2
- Citizen Bm8180-03e
- Invicta 8926ob
- Stuhrling Aquadiver
- Seiko Skx009
- Luminox Navy Seal 3001
- Citizen Bn0151-09l