The Suunto D4i Novo Dive Computer is very feature-rich. It houses several features that make your diving experience more comfortable. Some of these features are:
- A silicone strap makes it easier to wear on the wrist both in the short and long run. Apart from offering comfort, the Suunto D4i Novo dive computer also gives you an air of class and elegance that cannot be enjoyed from using other Suunto dive computers.
- The device is also fitted with a fragile screen. Unlike in other similar versions, the Suunto D4i Novo Dive Computer’s screen is sleek and very easy to use. The D4i Novo uses a split LCD screen that is appropriately programmed to hold and segment all the information you need accordingly.
- The device boasts of four fully functional modes that are set to give you the best diving experience including; air mode, off mode, nitrox mode, and free diving mode.
- The Suunto D4i Novo Diving Computer is easy to read, displays tracks, and notifies divers of their dive time, compression time, present and extreme depth, and many other features all from being tied around your wrist in a silicone strap. The D4i Novo boasts of four separate diving modes (Free Diving, Air Diving, Nitrox Diving, and Off Diving mode), optional wireless air integration, and an apnea timer which all culminate together to make your diving experience very unique and enjoyable.
- The device also hosts a full continuous decompression algorithm.
- The battery of the D4i Novo is in-built and cannot be replaced or recharged. You have to get a professional involved to protect your warranty. The D4i Novo battery design makes it non-chargeable in a bid to prevent accidental flooding of the electronics in the inner compartments.
Product Dimensions: 8 x 8 x 4 inches; 11.2 ounces
Battery: 1 Lithium Metal batteries (2 Years’ Service Life)
Bezel Material: Stainless steel
Case material: Composite
Computer Type: Watch
Connectivity (Data Transfer): USB Cable
Dive Modes: (4) Free Diving, Air Diving, Nitrox Diving, Off Mode
Display: Partial Dot Matrix
Glass material: Mineral crystal
Strap material: Elastomer
Weight: 85 g / 11.2 ounces
Design: It has a compact size and profile but still delivers an easy to read display thanks to the dot matrix configuration, all wrapped up in a wide choice of matching housing and strap colors. The D4i Novo is fitted with enough memory to store up to approximately 140 hours of dive profile data (at the standard 20-second sample rate), allowing the users and divers to scroll through previous dives and their profiles on the screen thanks to the dot matrix section of the display. The only downside is that it doesn’t feature an integrated digital compass like the other Suunto Dive Computers.
Diving and everyday use:
It features all the standard dive modes you would expect for a computer for the traveling recreational diver. It allows you to switch between air, nitrox, and free-dive and gauge modes. It supports a single gas of up to 50% oxygen for Nitrox divers and the freediving mode ramps up the sampling rate from the standard dive moderate of every 20 seconds to every 1, 2, or 5 seconds to better capture the fast-changing depth data.
It has a compact size and profile but still delivers an easy to read display thanks to the dot matrix configuration, all wrapped up in a wide choice of matching housing and strap colors. Users found it easy to switch between the AIR, NITROX, FREEDIVE, and GAUGE modes. The split-screen LCD helps users to appropriately program to hold and segment all the information’s needed accordingly.
This dive watch was said to be durable by users to an acceptable range.
Users are particularly seriously advised to have their battery replacement carried out by trained and authorized Suunto Service Centres.
- Price: 85% When compared with other Suunto dive computers, the price is high, but the quality speaks for itself. Therefore, the Suunto D4i Novo is a fantastic all-around product, helping millions of people make better choices with their diving practice or endeavor. Although the Suunto D4i Novo Diving computer sells itself as a product that can be used by virtually anyone, it is inaccessible to some parts of society. This restriction is a result of the high price, which makes it inaccessible to lovers of the product who cannot afford it out rightly or cannot afford to spend that much.
- Material: 95% This problem is, of course, not entirely the manufacturer’s fault, the product itself is already amazing with the features in the previous versions and the upgrade which requires new features, cannot take everything. The absence of a compass which is one deficiency that lots of customers pinpoint is a simple case of sacrifice. Some elements had to take a step back for others in the best interests of the product’s performance and mainstream affordability.
- Design: 95% The watch’s design is amazingly sleek. Easily sync up to the sensor without having to do anything which is a bonus too. With the two band options, even users can easily switch bands. When it came to downloading the dives to the SUUNTO App, it is quick and straightforward.
- Overall: 94% Suunto D4i Novo Diving Computer is a welcome upgrade to the Suunto D4i. The D4i Novo is the D4i with some upgraded features which convert it from just a computer into a multi-functional wristwatch which will be your best companion on any diving trip. The only turn-off in the watch is, of course, the price, but this is a watch for everyday divers.
Globo Surf Overview
If you’re a diver and you enjoy spending as much time as possible in the water, then the Suunto D4i Novo diving computer is the perfect fit for you. It is a mind-blowing product that’s designed to give you the most enjoyable experience ever from the product packaging to the strength of its features, and it fits perfectly with your swimwear.
More Scuba Reviews:
- Dive Camera
- Dive Light
- Full Face Scuba Mask
- Dive Watches Under 200
- Dive Watch Under 1000
- Decompression Sickness
- Salt Water Buoyancy
- Smb Deployment
- How To Use A Dive Computer
- Orient Ray 2
- Suunto D4i Novo Dive Computer, Suunto.com