The SKX007K diving watch has a large dial and no numbers on the watch face, only big circular markers. There’s good contrast between the black background and white markers making it easy to read. The markings are large enough to be easily read underwater, even in poor visibility. This diving watch has a day and date calendar in the 3 o’clock position. This watch has a black rubber strap; Stainless steel case; black dial; luminous hands and hour markers; black unidirectional elapsed time bezel; sweep second hand; scuba diver’s; water-resistant to 200 meters; date and day display at 3:00; hardlex crystal; Japan automatic movement.
The Seiko luminescence feature that is mostly on their diver watches is known for being legendary and unique in its performance. Seiko uses Lumi Brite luminescence paint which is completely free of radiation and is safe for the environment and people. After only a brief exposure to sunlight or artificial light, the SKX007 dive watch will glow at full brightness after 10 minutes. The watch will continue to glow for up to 5 hours in the dark which is more than 10 times longer than other luminous paints. The hands and dial markers are generously coated with luminous paint and the lum is evenly distributed to the very edge of each marker for ease while reading in the dark.
Being an automatic watch, the motion of your arm moving will keep the mainspring constantly wound. Though it stops working if you don’t wear it for around 40 to 48 hours, it does not take much time to get it going again. For safety reasons, rotating the bezel while underwater is made intentionally more difficult. This is to prevent it from being rotated accidentally while underwater.
- Extra-long luminescence
- An automatic watch does not make use of a battery or need to charge.
- Extremely legible markers and numbers.
Brand Name: SEIKO
Part Number: SKX007K
Model Year: 2018
Item Shape: Round
Dial window material type: Hardlex
Display Type: Analog
Case Material: Stainless Steel
Case diameter: 42 millimeters
Case Thickness: 13 millimeters
Band Material: Rubber
Bandwidth: 26 millimeters
Band Color: Black
Dial Color: Black
Bezel Material: Stainless Steel
Bezel Function: Unidirectional
Calendar: Day and month
Special features: Luminous
Item weight: 3.17 Ounces
Movement: Swiss Automatic
Water-resistant depth: 660 Feet
The watch is motion powered, it moves as long as you move, the hand revolves smoothly (without any jumps), and the watch will continue working for more than two days from the moment you set it down. There’s a ratchet mechanism so you can hear audible clicks when it is rotated for precise measurement, each click that sounds represent half a minute. It has a distinct zero marker that indicates the zero starting point, and minute markings and number markings in ten-minute increments.
Durability And Quality
When you buy a Seiko watch, the quality of your watch can always be guaranteed. Seiko has become well known for its innovative and high-quality products. Every watch produced by Seiko comes in original sealed packing to prevent the watch from being tampered with and includes a warranty. People often ask if Seiko watches any good. The reason behind the question is usually because it’s hard to believe you can find a good quality divers watch in this price range.
There’s no doubt Seiko makes good quality watches for a price that fits everyone’s budget.
The Seiko skx007K is not only built for diving, even though it is called a diving watch, but the way the watch is designed also makes it very versatile. The Seiko SKX007 has 22mm lugs and can easily be personalized with any different bracelet of your choice. There are several choices out there to choose from. You could choose from Nato bands, Perlon, Suede, Leather, Rubber, or stainless steel to suit your style or whatever occasion you’re wearing the watch to.
You might also like: Luminox 3001 Navy Seal Dive Watch Review
- Design 97% – The Seiko SKX007 watch is an elegant looking & dressy watch that can be worn with a wide variety of outfits. The silver-colored dial and coin-edged bezel make the watch suitable for every occasion. Casual day? Work meeting? Diving? It does not matter, this watch is perfect for every occasion
- Price Range 97% – Known for producing one of the most affordable and practical diver watches, Seiko never disappoints when it comes to producing affordable watches. Their watches come at a very wide range of prices, ranging to their various customers vastly different needs. Even though their price range is affordable, their watches are of high quality and one of the most sought after watches out there.
- Material 98% – This watch is made of the best quality materials to enable the user’s comfort and happiness. The watch’s face covering is non-reflective Hardlex Crystal which is shock-resistant and as hard as nails. Hardlex crystal is less scratch-resistant than sapphire crystal, but much more hard-wearing than mineral crystal. This watch is made to last for a long time, made with high-quality materials, it is made to last.
- Overall 97% – The Seiko SKX007 is one of the best diving watches out there, it is in high demand because of its affordability, practicality, durability, and flawless design. It is everything a proud watch owner would want, apart from its versatility, it is a great watch that is suitable for snorkeling, skin diving, and free diving and can last for up to 660ft.
Globo Surf Overview
The Seiko SKX007 diving watch is of extremely high quality, but its uses are not only restricted to diving. It is an automatic everyday watch that does not need the constant hassle of changing the battery because it is motion powered. Once you put on the watch, it starts working, it really is as simple as that. There are lots of cheaply made, bad quality ‘divers watches’ in this price range, but this is not one of them. This watch is perfect for anyone looking for a watch that has the classic divers watch look and is of good quality, strong and uncluttered. This is a perfect watch for watch collectors and scuba divers, you can be guaranteed no regrets with this watch.
More Scuba Reviews:
- Dive Watches Under 500
- Ladies Dive Watch
- Underwater Scooter
- Scuba Regulator
- Negative Buoyancy
More Watch Reviews:
- Luminox Navy Seal 3001
- Orient Ray 2
- Citizen Bm8180-03e
- Invicta 8926ob
- Stuhrling Aquadiver
- Seiko Skx009
- Casio Mrw-200h
- Citizen Bn0151-09l