Tritium gas tube illumination. All hands, hour markers, and the “bezel pearl” all have tritium gas tubes embedded in them for 25 years of constant light. Polyurethane case; Black dial; Date function, Water-resistant to 660 feet (200 M).
The black dial face is accented by white Arabic numeral markers, large white baton hands (with seconds hand), and a date function at 3 o’clock it has a scratch-resistant sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating.
Has a polyurethane (P.U.) The diver’s strap is black. Has a double gasket crown, and 4-year battery life.
Water-resistant to a depth of about 660ft(200m) suitable for recreational scuba diving. Has a significant, black-plated polyurethane case measuring 1.7inches wide and 0.4inches thick
Bezel: Unidirectional, polyurethane, a standard for men
Band: 22mm weight, polyurethane material
Casing: 43mm diameter, 23mm thickness, polyurethane material
Case Bezel: Rotating 1-Way Diver
Crown: Double-Security Gasket
Closure: Buckle with clasp
Dial: black, luminous hands and markers
Dial window: Mineral
Water resistance: 660ft, 20atm
Movement: Japanese Quartz
Item weight: 4.96 ounces
Battery: runs on tritium
Design: The Polyurethane case complements nicely with the unidirectional bezel and the black dial. The black dial face is accented by white Arabic numeral markers, large white baton hands (with seconds hand), and also a date function at 3 o’clock which users find convenient. The luminescence makes the Navy seal dive very easy to read in the dark, which is an added advantage. The watch’s hands and dial markers glow 100 times than other luminous watches.
This watch employs tiny self-powered micro gas lights (borosilicate glass capsules), which are firmly embedded in the hands and the hour indicators on the watch face (as well as on the turning ring of Diver’s watches).
The watch has an end of life indicator (the second-hand starts jumping in 4-second increments when you need a new battery), which is cool.
From a user standpoint, placing it at 3 o’clock is smart – it doesn’t pinch you or poke your wrist. The watch itself is ideally sized, and it is very light. It’s an excellent choice to wear no matter where you go – diving in the USA, around the world, or casually wear it every day. The back of this watch is held on with four screws, which means when you change the battery, you don’t distort and ruin the o-ring seal.
Diving and everyday use
This is what you would call a ‘perfect divers watch.’ It’s suitable for depths of over 600ft, and it has proved it. Numerous divers have tested it many times, and it has worked seamlessly. Whether you’re a beginner scuba diver or a seasoned diving enthusiast, this watch is specifically for you.
This watch is perfect and convenient for soldiers; especially Navy seals as it can be used in the water, to see in the dark. It can also withstand harsh and extreme conditions. It’s the synthetic sapphire, hardness second only to diamond, which guarantees its toughness and longevity.
In most peoples opinion, they don’t think anything certified by the navy seals, will not serve its purpose well, and it can be worn in the shower daily, swimming regularly,
and can go to the bottom of the lake several times to retrieve a dropped tool from ~20ft or so, you might not be a diver, but it will take anything you throw at it.
In conclusion, this is a fantastic watch for casual wear too. The plastic strap it comes with is easily replaceable, and the 22mm clasp allows you to put any strap you want – Polyurethane, leather, or any other. This is one of the reasons the watch is trendy even among people who never go diving. Some users complained about the watch being plastic, but they felt it gave it less weight, which is also good.
Most users said that the rotating bezel is one of the coolest stuff on the watch, which is one of the best ways to monitor elapsed time in any watch. Even though some users felt it should be turning both ways, It wasn’t a problem after all.
The racketeering action is compelling,
Users enjoy the fact that it runs on tritium, therefore recharging is not necessary.
The gasket casing helps keep water out for depths as high as 200ft. The watch stem budges easily when you want to change the daylight savings. Users also liked the fact that the gas lights are on all the hands, including the second hand, hour markers, and one on the bezel. The gas light at the 12 positions is reddish-orange, making it easy to orientate the watch in the dark, this is a nice touch. The gas light on the bezes at the nominal top is at right angles to the bezel, another nice touch.
Users were in awe of the watch’s toughness. It can be said that this is the most rugged and most hardened navy seal watch series. The functionality is evident in the fact that some users use the watch for deer hunting, Vigilante, etc. The watch can last for more than 4years without a recharge.
Its water-resistant reliability is second to none, and the gasket can help keep water out with a depth of more than 100ft.
It is advised that the watch be taken to repair shop every 2-3 years to maintain its shape. This watch should give its user some comfort over a long period.
- Watch is lightweight
- Accurate and Very tough
- Luminescence that lasts for long hours
- Unidirectional bezel with large numbers.
- Reliable underwater without any leaks
- Excellent for deep sea diving.
- The band is made of rubber(making it look cheap).
- Not very firm on the wrist.
You might also like: Orient Men’s Ray II Dive Watch Review
- Price: 95% – knowing fully well that there are cheaper dive watches than this one, but none of them comes close in terms of Appearance and Feel. The Navy seal dive is easily one of the best in terms of value for money, and one of the best in general when talking about dive watches in the $200 range. We think that it’s worth investing in. Users are mostly surprised at how much the watch cost, compared to other Dive watches.
- Material: 95% – The Polyurethane case is very conducive on the wrist. The polyurethane material makes the watch super lightweight and very Tough. The closure comes with a buckle, and this provides users with much-needed comfort. Although most models are made of stainless steel, this model we reviewed came with a plastic band which is of good quality and durable but can also be easily replaced if you have problems with it.
- Design: 100% – The design of this watch is excellent, both in terms of looks and functionality. The ‘”black” color choice is what made it stand out amongst other models, but the toughness it offers and the overall lightweight properties are something that makes people come back to it.
- Overall: 97% – We have a very high opinion of this watch, and we will be telling you to spend your cash on this watch. You will get the value for your money, It looks neat, sturdy, lightweight, and we wouldn’t say extremely reliable, but trust us when used in the right manner, it is reliable– a good recommendation for divers and watch enthusiasts alike.
Globo Surf Overview
The luminous 3001 Navy seal dive watch is a beautiful high-quality diving watch that is one of the best in its price range. You will judge it better in person, and the images don’t do it justice. There is much to this watch than style. Well, we guess by now, you would have decided to give this watch a shot, we guarantee you’ll love it the whole way.
Single Scuba Products Reviews:
- Suunto D4i Novo Dive Computer Review
- Aqua Lung I100 Dive Computer Review
- Seiko SKX007K Dive Watch Review
- Suunto D4F Black Freedive Computer Review
- Mares Nemo Wide Dive Computer Review
- Citizen Watch BM8180-03E Dive Watch Review
- Invicta 8926OB Pro Diver Dive Watch Review
- Mares Puck Pro Dive Computer Review
- Aqua Lung I300 Dive Computer Review
More Watch Reviews:
- Seiko Skx007k
- Orient Ray 2
- Citizen Bm8180-03e
- Invicta 8926ob
- Stuhrling Aquadiver
- Seiko Skx009
- Casio Mrw-200h
- Citizen Bn0151-09l