This Citizen Dive Watch is built with regular, heavy-duty use in mind. As such, it is designed with features that are meant to make it as useful as possible to the wearer. At the basic level, it has an easy-to-read black dial window that’s illuminated for easy reading and it’s made to stay charged thanks to a reserve battery. It’s also sealed with a water resistance that makes it a good choice to add to your ultimate scuba diving checklist. Here are some of the key features that make the Citizen BM8180-03E special:
- Solar/light-powered mechanism with a 6-month power reserve
- Black dial face with a day/date window
- A pair of white skeleton hands and a red second hand for quick and easy reading
- Blue lumination makes the dial easy to see in any condition
- Screw down crown prevents leaks and is protected by raised grooves
- Durable canvas band is comfortable and durable
Case diameter: 37mm
Case thickness: 9mm
Case Material: Stainless steel
Dial: Black, luminous hands and markers
Dial window: Quartz mineral crystal
Calendar: Day and date window
Bezel: Stainless steel
Band length: 10in
Band Material: Nylon canvas, green
Lug width: 18mm
Water resistance: 100m
Movement: Eco-Drive E100
Battery: Small solar-powered battery with a 6-month power reserve
Warranty: 5-year limited manufacturer’s warranty
Design: Owners across the board express that this Citizen Dive Watch is rather attractive. While it’s military-grade, it doesn’t have a bulky or unattractive appearance. Some described its design as minimalistic with its small case size and simple olive green canvas strap. It was also noted to look rather classy for such a heavy-duty watch. They also praised the clean, polished look that the stainless steel case gives it. This case pairs well with the black dial.
The design also features luminescence in the markers and numbers. This makes it easy to reference in dark environments. The case is smaller than average for a men’s watch with a 37 mm diameter. For some, this is perfect as it cuts down on the bulk that many waterproof watches come with. It helps it seamlessly transition from diving into everyday wear.
Diving and everyday use: On the topic of transitioning from diving to daily use, let’s take a look at how this Citizen Dive Watch works for both. It’s recommended for use up to 100 m. That doesn’t make it ideal for deep divers but if you’re staying less than 330 feet beneath the surface, you should be fine. This makes it a great choice for beginner and intermediate divers as well as swimmers.
Due to its smaller, more compact design, it’s easy to wear both in and out of the water. At first, some owners said that the canvas band was a little stiff. Over time, though, they said it softened and the watch became incredibly comfortable to wear. Its small size makes it convenient to wear with a wetsuit or even with a regular suit.
Mechanism: This watch, as we mentioned before, is one of the more affordable solar-powered options on the market. Even better, it isn’t limited to charging in natural sunlight. You can wear this watch around your house or office and get the same charge you’d get from a day on the beach. The watch also has a 6-month reserve battery to ensure that it holds a charge as well. It’s an easy watch to put on as you need it and do not worry about if it’s been on your bedside table for a while.
The watch does jump with each tick but it doesn’t come with a loud ticking sound that some watches give off. While the watch does have a battery reserve, you can depend on the solar/light-powered nature to keep it going as long as you want to wear it.
Durability: This watch is built to last you quite a while and, according to most users, it does just that! Many users noted that they expected the watch would last them years. Some estimated that users could expect 10 years or more of use if the watch is properly taken care of. Owners with years of active use including snorkeling and diving reported that they only had a few scratches to show for it. This includes measures such as rinsing the watch after use in saltwater and keeping the canvas band clean. If you aren’t sure how to make sure your watch lasts, you can check out tips on dive watch maintenance and care.
Some owners were frustrated with the limited water resistance at only 100 m. A few noted that while the watch is waterproof, it doesn’t necessarily hold up well to constant exposure. Once again, though, this is can be helped by properly taking care of your watch.
Of course, there’s always a chance that something out of the ordinary could go wrong with your watch. That’s why the Citizen BM8180-03E comes with a 5-year limited manufacturer’s warranty. This warranty can help give new users some peace of mind when they make their purchase.
- Price: 95% – Solar-powered watches can sometimes run higher at a higher price than other styles. However, even in the general category, this Citizen Dive Watch has a competitive price. Even better, it offers high quality for a fair price.
- Material: 97% – There isn’t much to complain about when it comes to the material that the Citizen BM8180-03E Dive Watch uses. The stainless steel case is hard to beat and the canvas strap is durable enough to last through anything. The only complaint that could be had is that quartz mineral crystal is an easier material to scratch than others. Regular use shouldn’t lead to excessive wear and tear, though.
- Design: 100% – The design of the watch is sleek and clean, to say the least. Its small case size makes it not only functional but makes it easier to transition into casual or even professional wear.
- Overall: 98% – We think highly of this watch not only for how trustworthy it is but the fair price it comes with as well. It’s beautiful, durable, and affordable. There isn’t much to complain about in the reliability this watch offers.
Global Surf Overview
The Citizen Watches BM8180-03E Dive Watch is a timepiece that hits all the major points. It’s attractive, it’s functional, and it’s going to last you years to come. Whether you’re wearing it day-to-day or just grabbing it for a dive, we think you’ll be happy trying this watch out.
More Scuba Reviews:
- Dive Camera
- Dive Light
- Full Face Scuba Mask
- Dive Watches Under 200
- Dive Watch Under 1000
- What Does Scuba Stand For
- Beach box
- Diving In Thailand
- Cressi Leonardo
- Belize Diving
More Watch Reviews:
- Seiko Skx007k
- Orient Ray 2
- Luminox Navy Seal 3001
- Invicta 8926ob
- Stuhrling Aquadiver
- Seiko Skx009
- Casio Mrw-200h
- Citizen Bn0151-09l
- How Do Solar Watches Work? oureverydaylife.com