If you’re an angler or spend a lot of time on the water, a SUP cooler is one of the best SUP accessories you can purchase. It’s a versatile accessory that can be used for storing beverages on shorter trips or longer treks on hot days or fill it up with snacks.
At the same time, the cooler can be outfitted with tracks for fishing accessories like rod holders, drink holders and camera booms.
A paddle board cooler can also help with overall stability, fishing, provide a seat to sit on when you get tired and help beginners learn how to balance.
SUP Coolers Reviews
In our 2022 SUP cooler reviews, we’ve compared the best SUP coolers because we know a high-quality cooler is an investment you’ll enjoy for many years to come. This will help you pick the best cooler for a SUP to bring along on your next paddling adventure.
How To Choose A SUP Cooler – Buying Guide
A SUP cooler is one of the best SUP accessories you can purchase if you want to have some fun on the water or are an angler. It’s also a versatile accessory that can be used to do more than just paddle boarding. Below are factors that will help you choose the best cooler for a SUP.
The size of the cooler you choose will depend on the items you want to take with on the water as well as storage for your catch.
Coolers with paddle board accessories are the best. They’re equipped with the paddle board cooler and SUP deck cooler bag to help you store your personal items, keep cooler items cold and prevent water from entering your cooler.
This will depend on the number of drinks, cooler items, cans or food you want to take with you.
If you’ll be taking with you items that need to be protected from water damage such as phones and cameras then buying a cooler with waterproof capabilities will be a good choice for you.
This is one of the top qualities you should look out for. You don’t want to end up with a cooler that can’t keep your fish and drinks cold for longer. Ice retention will also maintain the freshness of your food.
A cooler that has attachment straps will make things easier for you. The straps will enable you to secure and fasten your cooler to the deck for safe and icy transportation of drinks when out of the water.
Q: Why Use A Cooler For SUP?
The benefits of having a cooler on your SUP fishing cooler extend beyond fishing applications. Sitting on a cooler will lower your centre of gravity enabling you to manage easily tricky sections of a river or waves. A cooler will also:
- Gives beginners and kids a stable platform to get out on the SUP
- Allows you to use your paddle board in conditions that could have made you leery.
- Enable you stay out on the water for a long period because of using different muscle groups when paddling from both a standing and seated position.
Related Review: Fishing Coolers
Q: What Is The Difference Between A Regular And SUP Cooler?
A sup cooler is often exposed to harsher conditions than a regular cooler that’s used for going to the beach for a few hours or for keeping your drink cold. It’s also exposed to salty water since it is kept out in the sun all day and bumped around by the boat. Here are the features that differentiate a SUP cooler from the regular one:
Related Review: Beach Cooler
- They’ve the ability to freeze fresh fish caught on your fishing trip.
- They’ve thicker insulation compared to regular coolers and will keep the contents in your cooler cold.
- They’re built with stainless steel, a rust-resistant component since they’re always exposed to salt water.
- They’re equipped with non-slip feet and the ability to tie them securely to your boat while still being able to access the contents in the cooler.
- They’ve markings on the lid either in centimetres, inches or both to allow you measure the fish you caught.
Q: How To Clean A SUP Cooler?
You must use your Sup fishing cooler properly if you want to achieve maximum performance. Here are tips to help you clean your cooler:
- Clean the inside with mild soap and warm water. Use baking soda and water to remove tough stains. Always clean after use especially if used in salty water. Only hand wash.
- Use a diluted solution of chlorine bleach and water to remove odours. If odours persist, use a cloth saturated solution with vanilla extract to wipe the interior and leave it in the cooler overnight.
- Before storing, air dry the cooler while the lid is open to reduce the risk of mildew and mold growth.
Globo Surf Overview
All the above coolers can store everything you may need for a sup fishing adventure and offers amazing insulation. They’re reliable in all conditions and will suit your needs whether you’re going for a short swim or a long trip. They’re also pocket-friendly.
More Paddle Reviews:
- SUP For PDF
- Electric Pump For SUP
- SUP Accessories
- Touring Paddle Board
- SUP Leash
- Kids Stand Up Paddle Board
- Gifts For Paddleboarders
- Tower Paddle Board
- Aqua Marina Paddle Board
- Jimmy Styks Paddle Board