As well as having all the key features that you would want to see to see on a paddleboard, it also comes with a great range of accessories that are going to be able to make it highly convenient. It’s a board that gives you everything that you need to easily get to the water and allow you to have great fun while you are out there on it.
- Three removable fins
- Double-layer construction
- Military-grade PVC
- Two PVC coatings on the outer
- Highly durable
- Carbon shaft paddle
- Nose grab handle
- Deck bungee
- Side D-rings
- Center grab handle
Size: 10’6”/11” feet long, 31/32 inches wide, 6 inches thick
Weight: 26/29 pounds
Weight limit: 300/330 lbs
Material: Drop stitch military-grade PVC
Inflation PSI: Recommended: 12-15, Maximum: 12-20
When it comes to these inflatable paddle boards there are a few important accessories that you expect them to have and this product delivers them with a very high level of quality. They will make it as easy as possible to use, set-up, and also make your time out on the water safe and enjoyable.
- On-board cooler bag
- Waterproof phone case
- Manual pump
- High-quality leash
Set up: The first part of setting this board up is the high amount of portability that it has. It’s not too heavy and easily fits into the backpack that it comes with, which means that you can easily transport it to wherever you need to get to.
The backpack offers full support to your shoulders without putting any strain on your waist or your back. It will allow you to go on long walks to find the perfect spot for your boarding experience. You also won’t find yourself getting frustrated when trying to put it away as the backpack provides ample room for the board when deflated.
Once you find the perfect spot then you’ll find this as easy to set up as all great products should be but you need to know how to inflate your ISUP. You can take the board out of the bag, unfurl it from the strap and roll it out, ready to be pumped up. The valve has a cap that you can take off and then you twist the valve tip to open it up.
15 PSI is the recommended pressure for the board and in total the process shouldn’t take any longer than 10 minutes and doesn’t take too much of an effort. Once inflated then you can simply replace the valve cap and you’re ready to go.
When completed, you can simply dry off your paddleboard, easily deflate it, and easily roll it back up. Once the strap is secured then you can easily place it back into the bag. The manual pump that comes with the product works very well but you can also bring your own electric model if you wanted to speed up the process even more.
The Ride: The overall performance of the board is very good but has to be taken in the context of the type of ISUP that it is. It aims to be an all-around great board so it can perform well in all the key areas without being a specialist in any particular one. If you want the best stand up paddleboard, then there are plenty of options out there
One unique feature that the Waterwalker has is the ability to remove the three fins that they have, so you can have your own combination, depending on your preference. A single fin in still water will be able to give you great tracking abilities, even with its large width.
Using the two side fins will allow the board to be faster and with a quicker turn-in choppier water which means that you can set your board up to perform in whatever conditions you find. Its 31/32 inch width (depending on the length you get) will be able to give you a stable board but one that still has a good level of maneuverability, this is going to be helped by getting the best SUP paddle possible.
You might also like:Tower Adventurer 2 Inflatable SUP
This board is also very light too at just 24/26 pounds which makes its maneuverability even higher than most boards that are this wide. The 10’ 6” length of the model is a great all-around board that your stability and quick turns in all conditions and they also have an 11” option which works great in still water.
The deck pad is large enough and allows you a great space to be able to stand or kneel and has more than enough cushioning to make a comfortable ride. Overall, this is a great level of performance that you would expect from Thurso Surf and will give even more expert paddle boarders a lot of enjoyment.
Here we look at the key areas of the Thurso Surf Waterwalker and see how it compares with other products on the market. As you will see, this is an impressive board that ranks highly in all the important categories:
- Price: 90% – While we’d all wish that products could be as cheap as possible, you more often than not get what you pay for and that is definitely the case with this board. It is easy to set up, delivers a high level of performance, and is highly durable.
- Material: 100% – When it comes up to inflatable stand up paddleboards, they don’t come much more reliable and this model. Its military-grade PVC will mean that it is extremely hard to damage the product. The double-layer gives you a high level of confidence in its construction.
- Design: 95% – The wood-effect finish on this board is highly desirable and it will look great out on the water. Its grab handles are conveniently placed and the bungee storage is very easy to use and ensures an enjoyable experience. A kicktail would be a useful addition though, which stops it from getting full marks.
- Overall: 95% – This is one of the best all-around paddleboards on the market. If you’re an expert boarder then you shouldn’t be expecting the highest level of performance but this is an ideal product for almost all boarders.
Globo Surf Overview
If you’re looking for a paddleboard that will work brilliantly in all conditions and for all levels of experience, then the Thurso Surf Waterwalker would be the perfect product for you. It’s wide enough to be able to give a high level of stability but due to its great design and its lightweight, it’s also has a high level of maneuverability too.
At 15 PSI it is very rigid and will feel like a regular paddleboard and can hold up to 380 pounds in weight to accommodate almost everyone. It’s not too light that it will be affected much by the wind though but it is still easy to carry in the large and comfortable backpack that it comes with.
An inflatable paddleboard can be a lot of fun and Thurso Surf has produced another brilliant product that gives you all the support, durability, and features that you want but still manages to be great fun while out on the water. While expert boarders might be looking for something a touch more specific, beginner to intimidate boarders will find it very hard to find a better ISUP than this
Single Products paddle Board Reviews:
- NIXY Newport G4 10’6” All Around iSUP
- MC Conks Go Explore SUP Review
- NIXY Newport SUP Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board Review
- Bay Sports 2019 10’8 Seek Paddleboard Review
- Peak All Around Inflatable Paddle Board Review
- Vilano Navigator 10′ Paddleboard Review
- Pathfinder Inflatable Paddleboard Review
- Aqua Marina Vapor Paddleboard Review
- IRocker All-Around 11′ Paddleboard Review
- Ancheer Inflatable Paddle Board 10’ Review
- Blue Wave Sports Stingray Inflatable SUP Review