Tower Adventurer 2 iSUP Features:
The tower includes everything a paddler needs to get started and get riding — a high-pressure hand pump, a paddle, a removable center fin, a carry strap for wrapping the deflated board, and the board itself. It should be noted that Tower does not include carry bags with its boards — we find the strap to be totally adequate, but if you prefer to get a board with a bag, consider the similarly-priced Isle Airtech 10’ Inflatable, a close competitor with the Adventurer boards.
- The package includes a fiberglass paddle, pump, bungee, and handles.
- Made of military-grade PVC material.
- 4 onboard D-rings for securing a leash or other accessories.
- Collapsible paddle (from 66” to 34.5”) for stowing away and travel.
- Carry strap for the deflated rolled-up board.
- One Removable fin and 2 secured fins.
Tower Adventurer 2 Specifications:
Size: 10’4” long x 32” wide x 6” thick
Weight: 25 lbs deflated
Weight limit: 350 lbs. This board can hold a lot of weight! A lot of inflatable SUPs will have lower weight limits.
Material: This board is made out of military-grade PVC. This is one of the main selling points of the Tower Adventurer boards. They’re super-duper durable.
Inflating: Inflates up to 20 PSI, but 15 PSI should be enough for most riders.
Tower Inflatable Inflatable SUP User Experience:
Set up: Like most inflatable stand up paddleboards, setup is minimal for the Adventurer 2. Just pump it up, attach the fin, and you’re ready to go. If you don’t like using the hand pump, you can always purchase an extra electric pump.
The Ride: Like the original Adventurer, the Adventurer 2 has a nice 6” thickness, which makes it extra buoyant and sturdy on the water. This board is ideal for flatwater paddling, but can also handle small surf if you want to take it out in the ocean. The narrower nose on this board also helps it to cut through the water a little quicker than the original Adventurer.
The Adventurer 2 iSUP easily beats out most of the competition with a maximum 350lb carrying capacity. Many riders enjoy bringing a partner out on the board with them, or a dog.
Paddle Board Overall Rating:
Based on all the information we’ve gathered on this board, here’s our overall breakdown for the Tower Adventurer Inflatable Paddle Board (SUP):
- Price: 100% – Somehow the Tower Adventurer 2 is selling at an even lower cost than its predecessor. With the improvements to this generation, we think this is a very good deal.
- Material: 100% – Again, nothing beats Tower’s military-grade PVC.
- Design: 95% – We still wish Tower would take a note from competitor Isle’s playbook and include a nice carrying bag rather than just the carrying strap (and make the board a little prettier…). But with the great ride and the improved accessory features, this board has gotten a little closer to perfect!
- Overall: 98% – One of our top boards. Great price, super-strong material, and high-quality design.
Globo Surf Overview:
The tower is a leader in the inflatable stand up paddleboard market for good reason. With the Adventurer 2, they’ve improved on an already impressive board to make a really great product. And rather than just add on a few features, they updated the design to give riders a distinct option. This can make the decision a little tricky, as some paddlers may still prefer the slightly shorter, slightly lighter Tower Adventurer 9’10”.
Our advice, if you’re choosing between these two, is to go with your gut and not worry — both boards are very high quality and you won’t find an extreme difference in the ride. With the extra bit of length and a new narrow nose for cutting through the water, as well as the aforementioned updated features, we think most customers will go with the updated Adventurer 2, but it’s a good idea to check out both boards before purchasing.
More Paddle Reviews:
- Irocker Paddle Board
- Bamboo Paddle Board
- Bestway Hydro-Force SUP
- Hala Paddle Board
- Soft Top Paddle Board
- BIC Paddle Board
- Isle Inflatable SUP
- Calories Burned Paddleboarding
- SUP Paddles Length
- ISUP Pump
- Buoyant Force, Khan Academy