With a board like the NIXY Newport, you are guaranteed to get an abundance of well-designed features to make your day on the water truly enjoyable. This inflatable SUP combines rock-solid construction with a functional deck allowing you to use the board in many different scenarios. Take a quick peek at everything the Newport iSUP has to offer:
- Dual-layer Fusion construction with carbon fiber rail reinforcements for top-level strength
- Full-length EVA foam pad for excellent traction while paddling or exercising
- Two bungee-corded storage areas at the nose and tail for securing your gear
- Three grab handles for picking up and dragging the board
- Side D-rings for securing gear or attaching a kayak seat
- Bottom D-ring for towing the board
- Convenient paddle holder on the side rail
- Triplefin system is easy to install without tools
- Typhoon triple action pump is incredibly efficient
- The travel backpack is tough and easily portable
Length: 10 feet 6 inches
Width: 33 inches
Thickness: 6 inches
Weight: 21 pounds
Capacity: 350 pounds
Inflates to: 20PSI
Volume: 300 liters
Material: PVC (Dual Layer, Fusion Construction)
Carry handles: Three (nose, middle, tail)
Fins: Three removable fins (9-inch center fin, two 5-inch side fins)
Paddle length: 70 to 86 inches
Warranty: 2-year warranty, 30-day money-back guarantee
Colors: Aqua, Blue, Purple, Red
Included accessories: High-quality nylon backpack, NIXY 3-piece fiberglass paddle, NIXY Typhoon triple-action hand pump, three removable fins, NIXY Hybrid ankle leash, shoulder strap, board compression strap, repair kit (valve wrench, PVC patches), user manual
Performance: The Newport is very stable and lightweight, which is why it’s so popular among people who want to learn how to SUP. The top-level stability is the result of the combination of width, bottom and nose shape, and fin configuration. In addition to stability, the handling is pretty admirable too. On the other hand, it’s not the fastest board you can find, but it isn’t slow either.
Thanks to the high pressure and strong construction, the board is incredibly firm when inflated. It won’t bend or give in, which significantly contributes to performance. However, to get the most out of any board, you need a good SUP paddle. The included NIXY 3-piece fiberglass paddle is pretty good, according to users. It’s not too heavy, the length is easily adjustable with a flip lock, and the nylon blades are efficient.
Construction: Paddlers agree that the Fusion construction of this board really makes a difference. The two PVC layers are fused which gives them improved strength and reduces weight. Furthermore, the core features drop-stitch construction, responsible for the board’s rigidity.
The side rails are reinforced with carbon fiber to protect the board from puncture if you bump into a sharp object. When buying this board, NIXY gives you a great 2-year warranty to cover you if something happens. They also provide you with a repair kit (a valve wrench and a few PVC patches) if you need to quickly fix it.
Design: The whole deck of this board is covered with a soft EVA foam pad. This allows excellent comfort not only for paddling but also for SUP fitness and yoga. The deck has two bungee-corded storage areas (nose and tail), allowing you to easily pack your gear and secure a dry bag or a lunch cooler.
The Newport also comes with D-rings on the sides that allow you to install a seat and convert the SUP to a kayak. NIXY also sells an additional blade so you can convert the paddle too. While on this subject, there is a neat paddle holder on the side rail to secure it when you need free hands. The overall versatility is the main reason why people really like the boards from the Newport line.
Setup: Customers claim that the setup is relatively easy, and takes from 10 to 15 minutes. The included Typhoon pump offers three modes of operation, so you can switch between them when pumping becomes hard. Of course, you can also buy an electric SUP pump, and the one offered by NIXY is top of the line. The board is inflated through the Halkey-Roberts valve on the nose, and the pump has a pressure gauge to see when you reach the target 20PSI.
When inflated, you need to flip the board over and attach the three included fins. The SUP fins go on very easily, and there is a screw to lock them in place. We also want to remind you to always attach and use the included ankle leash, because it can save you if you fall into the water.
Portability: We already mentioned that the Newport is really lightweight for its size, so it makes sense that it’s easy to carry. This model comes with three carry handles, and the manufacturer also includes a shoulder strap in the package, so moving the inflated board won’t be a problem. Furthermore, there is a separate D-ring at the bottom side if you need to tow the board.
For transporting the SUP when packed, NIXY includes a fantastic backpack. People are really impressed with the bags, and say they are very nice quality, big enough to fit the boards and all accessories really well. Made from nylon and PVC, this SUP board bag comes with wheels for rolling it, plenty of pockets, and adjustable shoulder and waist straps.
- Price: 90% – While Newport is not the most affordable board in this class, it is one of the best when it comes to quality and performance. This is why we feel that investing in such a board will pay off in the long run, because you can use it worry-free for a long time. Besides, the SUP accessories included in this package are excellent, which saves you the money of buying them separately.
- Material: 100% – The choice of materials is one of the best things about Newport and all NIXY boards in general. The dual-layer PVC body gives it excellent strength, and the addition of carbon fiber rails really improves the durability of this board.
- Design: 100% – We really like the design as it offers everything a good all-around board should. The deck is padded and soft, you have plenty of storage, you can customize the board (add a seat, remove some fins), and it works well in different water conditions. The size and design also allow you to have an extra passenger, which is always a plus.
- Overall: 97% – We can recommend Newport to anyone who likes relaxed paddling and exploring the water. This is a well-made board with excellent stability and maneuverability, so you can be sure it won’t let you down.
Globo Surf Overview
It’s our impression that the NIXY Newport has everything a regular paddler expects from aboard, and much more. It’s strong, rigid, and offers excellent stability. Thanks to its shape and smart configuration, this SUP also has good handling and solid tracking. It’s fun, reliable, and you can count on it to give you many enjoyable hours on the water. And if you consider all the accessories you get, it becomes a really smart choice for your paddling adventures.
More Paddle Reviews:
- Tower Paddle Board
- Aqua Marina Paddle Board
- Jimmy Styks Paddle Board
- Electric Pump For SUP
- Touring Paddle Board
- How To Stand Up Paddle Board
- Isle Inflatable SUP
- BIC Paddle Board
- Paddle Sports
- How To Store Paddle Boards
- Newport G3 10.6 All-Around Inflatable SUP, nixysports.com