- What Makes This Fish Finder Stands Out
- Transducer depth capabilities of between 300 and 1,000 feet
- Full coverage of mainland U.S., the Great Lakes, Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, and the Bahamas
- In-depth U.S mapping with more than 3,000 lakes and rivers
- Offers better target identification at greater depths and speeds
- Built-in GPS antenna for added accuracy
- Up to 500 watts of sonar power output for increased sensitivity
- Offers up to 8 preset layouts including a 3 panel split screen mode
Best for: Inland, offshore, and ice fishing
Display: 7-inch Full VGA SolarMax Plus
Display resolution: 480 x 800
Display type: Keypad
Waterproof: Yes, IPX7 rating
The Lowrance Chirp 7 integrates useful features to make it a truly dependable fish finder. With it, all you need to do is to prepare your fishing rod and reel for action. Listed below are all the useful features this fishfinder/chart plotter offers;
- Chirp sonar makes it easier to identify and distinguish between game fish and bait
- Down Scan Overlay technology relays Down Scan imaging into the Chirp sonar
- Patented TrackBack technology broadcasts recorded sonar history including structure transitions
- New page selector menu with single thumb quick access to all features
- Multi-window display allows you to choose from 8 preset page layouts including a 3-panel split-screen view
- NMEA 2000 connectivity allows waypoint sharing amongst connected chart plotters
- Multi-window display option for tracking the location of the fish and your current location
- Compatible with Insight Genesis map creation to make custom HD contour maps from recorded sonar logs
Dimensions: 5.4 inches x 9.25 inches x 3.0 inches
Weight: 3.5 lbs.
Depth: 1000 feet (Chirp sonar, 300 feet (Down Scan)
Frequency: 200 kHz/83 kHz (standard Chirp), 455 kHz/800 kHz (Down Scan)
Power input: 12W
Power output: 500W
You might also like Humminbird PiranhaMax 197c
Sonar & Transducer
Integrating a Chirp Sonar design, the Lowrance Elite 7 Chirp easily identifies game fish, even at greater depths, and marks fish clearly when you are riding your fishing boat at high speed. In fact, compared to single-frequency sonars, the Chirp sonar allows the fish finder to easily differentiate between targets and show you each fish separately instead of treating them as a collective target under a single image.
This powerful sonar performance is thanks to its effortless pulse modulation over a cross-section of frequencies. Furthermore, to strengthen the sonar signal, the fish finder uses Advanced Signal Processing which reduces clutter and unwanted signals for clearer imaging without having to manually adjust the noise.
To complement the sonar, the fish finder is designed with a Down Scan imaging which delivers high-quality photo-like images underwater so you can easily separate fish from vegetation and gauge the contours of specific structures under your fishing vessel.
The unit covers low, medium, and high frequencies including 200 kHz/83 kHz for standard Chirp and 455 kHz/800kHz for Down Scan. Its transducer offers a maximum depth of up to 1,000 feet and 300 feet for a Down Scan. Yet, it cannot fully hit low frequencies, thus, to reach maximum depth, you have to upgrade the model to a 50/200 kHz transducer. Thus, with an upgrade, your transducer can work deeper, up to 3000 feet.
Display And Resolution
The Lowrance Elite 7 Chirp features an adequately sized screen, at 7 inches. Its display doesn’t disappoint as well; offering a resolution of 480 by 800 – to give you clear picture-like images.
Additionally, the screen features an LED-backlit display which gives color to the images to make it easier to visualize objects and fish targets. Plus, designed with a multi-window display option, the find finder allows you to choose from up to 8 preset page layouts including a 3-panel split-screen view.
The Lowrance Chirp 7 unit itself features a highly sensitive and accurate built-in GPS antenna which allows for inshore and offshore fishing. The antenna integrates a 16 channel GPS with MSAS, EGNOS, and WAAS receivers. The device incorporates pre-loaded Insight base maps. In addition to the preloaded base maps, the fish finder is compatible with several charting options such as Navionics Gold, Fishing Hot Spots Pro, and Lake Master.
Furthermore, the fishfinder/ chart plotter is compatible with the Insight Genesis map creation service. With this map creation service, you can make custom and high-resolution contour maps from recorded sonar logs based on preferred waypoints and previous scans.
The Lowrance Chirp 7 fishfinder boasts a power consumption of up to 12 watts and a power output of up to 500 watts, which accounts for its excellent depth coverage and sensitivity. Additionally, the unit is ingeniously designed to allow you to control power conservation and use it on multi-day trips. You can save power significantly by lowering the screen brightness, for example.
Ease of Use
With the Lowrance Chirp 7 fish finder, mounting is extremely easy. Even its Transom branded transducer is designed with a semi-permanent mount to fix on your fishing boat. Once you fix it on your boat, you don’t have to bother with removing it every time you get your boat out of the water.
After installation, you can kick start operation with the highly intuitive feature menu using the single thumb button style display. Plus, its multi-window display options allow you to track your boat’s location and what is happening underneath it in the water.
- Large screen design and pixel resolution for easy viewing and better image quality
- The LED backlight can be adjusted
- Great sonar depth
- Offers a clear view of the surface, bottom, structure, fish, vegetation, and other objects underwater
- Comes with a transducer
- Multiple frequency design allows the unit to track and differentiate a wider range of fish species
- The mounting is super easy
- Offers impressive chart plotter precision
- The unit may not be beginner-friendly
- Map and location updating may be somewhat slow when riding in high-speed boats
- Price: 95% – The Lowrance Chirp 7 fish finder may be considered expensive. However, its value matches its price. Combining a highly sensitive sonar design and dependable functional features, the fish finder is appropriately priced.
- Construction: 98% – The fish finder features extremely durable construction that allows you to use it throughout the season. Its IPX7 waterproof rated body makes it perfect for any fishing conditions, whether you are fishing in wet or dry weather.
- Design: 97% – Whether it’s the single thumb button style display, intuitive feature menu, or the multi-window display, the fishfinder complements your fishing efforts and makes the process way easier and efficient.
- Overall: 98% – The Lowrance Chirp 7 is a high-end fish finder, thus, you are certainly going to enjoy your money’s worth. This device impresses as soon as you turn on its highly illuminating screen with high-resolution images. It’s highly sensitive sonar gets you even closer to your target catches without having to spend too much time pinpointing their location. So if you really want to reduce the time it takes to catch your target fish, the Lowrance Elite 7 Chirp is worth the investment.
Globo Surf Overview
When you go out fishing, your ultimate goal is of course to catch fish. So if you discover a way to make the process easier, it is worth pursuing that option. This is what the Lowrance Chirp 7 fishfinder offers. The 2-in-1 fish finder and chart plotter certainly integrates ingenious technology to get you closer to your catch. So, all you need to do is to have your fishing rod and reel ready for the prize.
With its revolutionary sonar power, high-resolution screen, clear images, and intuitive features, the Lowrance Elite 7 Chirp unit guarantees exceptional results. The fishfinder/chart plotter is absolutely built for serious anglers or those looking to score a prize on the water.