Humminbird 409950-1 Helix 9 SI 480×800 Sonar with Dual Beam GPS
- What Makes This Fish Finder Stand Out
- Large and clear display that is visible day and night
- 2D sonar supporting a depth of up to 1,500 feet
- GPS/WAAS receiver making your navigation easy
- Impressive networking with its Ethernet, NMEA 0183, and 2000 ports
- Upgradable software
- IP-X7 waterproof rating
- Comes with 2 microSD card slots
- Its transducer has a temperature sensor
Display: 9-inch TFT display, 16:9 aspect ratio, LED backlighting, 65K color palette
Frequency: 455 kHz for Si and Di, 83 kHz and 200 kHz for 2D scanning
Weight: 6.4 pounds
Best for: Inland and offshore fishing
Packed in a sleek unit, Humminbird Helix 9 Si carries a large number of features. With the fish finder installed on your fishing vessel, finding fish on all water bodies should be easy. The most impressive features on the fish finder include:
- An impressively large and high definition display allows you to visualize everything in the water.
- The LED backlight allows you to fish in the dark without experiencing difficulties.
- IP-X7 waterproof rating minimizes the risk of water damage.
- In addition to having a temperature sensor, the device’s transducer has 2D, Si, and Di capabilities.
- The maximum depth of 1,500 feet for the 2D sonar makes the fish finder ideal for deep-water angling.
- The split-screen feature allows you to view the 2D sonar beams separately.
- Modern GPS/WAAS receiver makes your navigation extra simple.
- With 2 slots for MicroSD cards, data storage won’t be a problem.
- Impressive networking with its Ethernet connectivity, NMEA 0183, and 2000 ports.
- Can store a large number of waypoints, routes, and trails.
Width: 7.5 inches
Length: 13.44 inches
Weight: 6.4 pounds
Display resolution: 800 x 480
Transducer: Transom XNT 9 SI 180 T
Sonar: Down Imaging, Side Imaging, DualBeam Plus with SwitchFire
Depth capability: 150 feet for Down Imaging, 1500 feet for DualBeam Plus, and 150 feet for Side Imaging
Power output: 500 Watts RMS
Power input: 10.8-20 VDC
GPS: Internal, Precision
Maps: AutoChart Live and ContourXD (built-in)
Trails: 50 with up to 20,000 points each
Waterproof rating: IP-X7
Wi-Fi connectivity: Yes
MicroSD support: 2 MicroSD slots
Accessories: Tilt mount, transom, transducer with a long cable, power cable, Documentation, and CD with manuals
You might also like: Lowrance HDS-7 Gen-3 Fish Finder
The transducer on Humminbird Helix 9 Si features 2D, Si, and Di capabilities. In addition to all this, the transducer has a temperature sensor. With the fish finder out on the fishing grounds, the transducer will help you get all the information you need to start reeling in fish.
Supporting a depth of up to 1,500 feet with its 2D sonar and operating at both 83 kHz and 200 kHz beams, the device is very useful when fishing in deep waters. With its 83 kHz, you get a 60-degree cone coverage, covering a wider zone but with a slightly reduced accuracy. While the 200 kHz frequency features a smaller area coverage, it offers more focused results.
With the device’s Si offering a depth of 240 feet and its Down Imaging allowing 150 feet depth, Humminbird Helix 9 eliminates the possibility of missing out on targets in both deep and shallow water.
Display and Resolution
All the information collected by the sonar is displayed on one of the best displays you can find on a fish finder. Featuring a 16:9 aspect ratio, 65,000 color palettes, an 800 x 480 resolution, the 9-inch display on Helix 9 gives you a clear view of everything in the water.
Its LED backlight lets you get a clear view when angling at night. Coming with a split-screen feature, the display on Humminbird Helix 9 allows you to view the images generated by the 2D sonar beams separately. With the transducer’s temperature sensor paired with a temperature graph on the device’s screen, getting a clear view of the temperatures becomes easy.
Armed with Helix 9, all your navigation needs will be sorted. With its ultra-modern GPS/WAAS receiver, the device makes progress tracking easy for all anglers. Featuring an accuracy of up to 2.5m, the GPS receiver on your device will help you avoid following the wrong routes.
With its 2 MicroSD card slots, Helix 9 allows you to store up to 2,750 waypoints, 45 routes, and 50 trails. Every one of the 50 trails can contain up to 20,000 points.
The device comes pre-loaded with Humminbird ContourXD, making your navigation even simpler. ContourXD has more than 3,000 lakes in the United States, contour lines, boat accesses, markers, and much more.
Apart from this, the fishfinder gives you access to the Drift Alarm, MOB, Off-Course alarm, and the 3D Eye view of the maps. Also, coming with an AutoChart Live function, Helix 9 allows anglers to use the device’s sonar to map a specific waterbody and determine its contours.
Ease of Use
While the device does not have touchscreen technology, it more than makes up for it with the intuitively-placed buttons available towards the right of the display. With the fish finder’s (+) and (–) buttons, you will be able to zoom in and out of specific locations in the water column.
A simple tap of the “MENU” button displays the main features and functions. With the up (▲), down (▼), write (►), and left (◄) arrow keys, you should be able to scroll through the displayed features. To choose a feature or function on the list, all you will have to do is press the button with a tick (✓) on it.
The device’s installation is not complicated. With the accompanying user manual, you will be able to install the device on your boat without requiring professional help.
- Impressive navigation capabilities.
- Numerous networking options.
- An impressive display that helps you avoid confusing bottom structures with fish.
- LED backlight to enable night fishing.
- Impressive IP-X7 waterproof rating.
- A transducer with a temperature sensor.
- A temperature graph on the device’s control unit.
- Has the Fish ID feature.
- Carries Real-Time Sonar capabilities.
- Its software is upgradeable.
- Does not come with its battery.
- Lacks CHIRP sonar.
- Price: 90% – Carrying a large number of features for a device in its price range, Helix 9 does offer good value for money. However, for beginning anglers, the device might be a little bit expensive.
- Construction: 96% – Coming with waterproof construction, Humminbird Helix 9 offers maximum durability. Weighing only 6.4 pounds, the device is light enough for a fish finder with its features.
- Design: 98% – Helix 9 carries a slick design. With its buttons perfectly positioned for ease of access, operating the fish finder is extremely easy.
- Overall: 95% – Offering impressive navigation, carrying the best sonar scanning capabilities, coming with one of the best displays you will find in the fish finder market, Helix 9 is top of a line device. Whether you use a large or small boat, prefer to fish inland on rivers and lakes, or offshore in the deepest waters, Helix 9 will serve your needs.
Globo Surf Overview
Including side and down view, an accurate GPS receiver, dual-beam transducer, the ability to upgrade the software, impressively clear display, and good depth for the 2D scan, Humminbird went overboard with the Helix 9.
The device works perfectly for all types of fishing – whether you fish in freshwater, saltwater, or even muddy waters, the fish finder will help you locate your next target quickly and easily. In addition to having a stable construction, Humminbird Helix 9 Si comes with one of the best waterproof ratings. Things like accidental splashes, unexpected downpours, and even accidental water immersion won’t destroy the fish finder.