The Garmin Echomap 73sv is portable and has a glove-friendly touch screen design- making it easy to carry with you and use anywhere. However, this is not all the fishfinder offers. Packed with numerous features, it comes in handy for any angler headed out with their boat. Listed below are the Garmin 73sv most prized features;
- Compatible with the patented Force trolling motor to allow you to route waypoints and follow tracks through the motor
- Echomap network capability shares charts, user data, and sonar with other Echomap UHD or Ultra devices
- Pre-loaded LakeVU g3 inland maps cover more than 17,000 lakes in the U.S.
- Built-in Wifi connects you to the ActiveCaptain app for updates, chart, and maps from fellow anglers
- Quickdraw Contours Mapping software to create and store maps with 1-foot contours
- Pairs with optional Garmin transducers and the Panoptic LiveScope scanning sonar system for real-time navigation
- NMEA 2000 and NMEA 0I83 system compatibility to connect to autopilot, digital switching, and Fusion-Link audio system in your boat
Dimensions: 9.8 inches x 5.5 inches x 2.0 inches
Weight: 1.7 lbs.
Depth: 2,300 feet (freshwater) 1,100 feet (saltwater)
Frequency: 50/200 kHz (Chirp sonar)
Power input: 15W
Power output: 500W (RMS)/ 4,000 (peak to peak)
Sonar & Transducer
The Garmin 73sv fishfinder is built with a traditional Chirp sonar technology with ClearVu and SideVu sonars. The game-changing chirp sonar technology delivers impressive navigation as it helps to transmit multiple frequencies. The multiple frequency transmission offers better fish images and structural details.
With the built-in ClearVu sonar, you can clearly see photographic images of what is under your boat – whether its structure, fish, or objects that are submerged. Its wider view design allows you to enjoy more details of the fish and structures underneath the water and at a greater depth. The SideVu sonar on the other end allows you to see what is happening on the sides of your boat, thus, ensuring the fishfinder offers an all-round view.
Additionally, the side sonar complements the ClearVu sonar’s design to offer a wider view and high-resolution images. Using the Garmin Echomap 73sv, you can opt to use a variety of separately sold Garmin transducers with the proprietary Panoptix LiveScope system.
The scanning sonar system allows you to enjoy live scanning sonar images of structures, bait, and fish swimming around and ahead of your boat in real-time, whether your boat is moving or stationary. Furthermore, the scanning system allows you to easily adjust your transducer to fit your style and technique of fishing.
Display And Resolution
The 2-in-1 fish finder and chart plotter feature a 7-inch wide VGA color display screen with a 400 by 800 high pixel resolution for a broader and better view. The bright, sunlight-readable LCD screen is specially designed and adequately lit to allow you to read your data, no matter the conditions on the water.
Furthermore, the fishfinder features a glove-friendly touchscreen design so you don’t have to bother with removing your fishing gloves every time you have to use them. However, the drawback to the Garmin Echomap 73sv LCD screen is that it offers a single panel that doesn’t allow you to view multiple types of data simultaneously.
As a chart plotter, the Garmin Echomap 73sv combines the functions of a GPS receiver and the ability to display the GPS location on electronic charts and maps. This feature allows you to monitor your position and the movement of fish.
Furthermore, the fishfinder is pre-loaded with the LakeVu g3 inland maps and an integrated Navionics data technology that covers over 17,000 lakes in the U.S. with up to 1-foot contours. If you want to create personalized fishing maps, the Quickdraw Contours technology allows you to do so with up to 1-foot contours as well.
The QuickDraw feature allows you to review and pinpoint where you have been so you can properly plan your future fishing trips. Additionally, you can choose to save the data for future use or share it with the Quickdraw Community on the Garmin Connect app.
What makes the Garmin 73sv fishfinder special is its compatibility with numerous other features that help to enhance the overall functionality.
When you use the Garmin Echomap 73sv fishfinder, you can easily pair it with other Echomap UHD and Echomap Plus devices in your boat to allow you to share information amongst the devices. When paired with these compatible devices, you can share sonar data, user data, and charts.
Thanks to the NMEA 2000 and NMEA 0183 network compatibility, you can connect your fishfinder with most devices in your boat as well. Thanks to this compatibility, you can connect to the autopilot, weather channels, Fusion-Link audio systems, VHF systems, and other several media systems.
Its Wi-Fi connectivity allows you to pair the Garmin Echomap 73sv fishfinder with the free all-in-one ActiveCaptain mobile app so you can access countless fishing data, charts, and maps of where you are.
If you plan on trolling during your next fishing trip, the Garmin 73sv fishfinder is compatible with the Force trolling motor. With this connection, you can route the trolling motor to your waypoints, follow tracks, and enjoy more detailed fishing maps and charts.
You might also like: Garmin Striker 4 Fish Finder
- Construction: 97% – Weighing 1.7 lbs., the fishfinder is relatively light to carry. Additionally, it measures 6.1 inches long and 7 inches high, thus, allowing you to easily toss it in your fishing bag or even your fishing jacket’s pocket. Its IPX7 waterproof rating makes it perfect for any fishing environment – whether you are ice fishing or fishing in the tropics.
- Design: 97% – The 2-in-1 fish finder and chart plotter works in any water body in the U.S. – be it saltwater or freshwater. Because it features a majority touchscreen design, you don’t have to worry about ease of use. The LCD touchscreen is glove-friendly and waterproof. You will find a few keypads that help with several features as well.
- Price: 95% – The Garmin Echomap 73sv is reasonably priced when you consider the functions and features it offers. The high-end device delivers the functions of both a fishfinder and chart plotter. Plus, it’s compatibility with various tools means that you can always add on to its functionality.
- Overall: 97% – The Garmin 73sv is guaranteed to offer exceptional performance on the water. Its most prized feature is the Chirp technology with ClearVu and SideVu sonars which ensure that you will never miss out on any catch. Plus, the LakeVu g3 mapping, Quick Contour mapping, and optional transducer capability mean that you can effortlessly manage your entire fishing experience the way you want to.
Globo Surf Overview
The Garmin Echomap 73sv functions more than just a regular fish finder. In addition to accurately sharing your position and locating your target, the fishfinder offers extra features such as the ClearVu sonar, SideVu sonar, chart plotting, and pre-installed maps to make your experience even easier. When using the Garmin 73sv, you can leave all the technical worries to this fishfinder and focus more on enjoying your fishing experience.
Single Fishing Products Reviews:
- Lowrance Elite 7 Chirp
- Humminbird PiranhaMax 197c
- Humminbird Helix 5 Fish Finder & Depth Finder
- Humminbird Helix 9 SI Sonar With Dual Beam GPS
- Lowrance HDS-7 Gen-3 Fish Finder
- Lowrance Hook 5 Fishfinder
- Humminbird Helix 10 Fish Finder
- Lowrance Elite 3x Fish Finder
- Humminbird Piranhamax 197c DI Fish Finder