Thanks to the product quality and innovative design, NIXY has gained much respect among paddleboarders. Manhattan is one of their most recent products and has many convenient and well-designed features that allow you to get the best out of this inflatable SUP. Take a quick look at what it has to offer:
- Dual-layer PVC body made with Fusion technology for maximum strength
- Carbon fiber reinforcements on the rails protect from bumps and hits
- Bungee-corded storage spaces at the nose and tail for stashing dry bags or other gear
- Three grab handles for handling the board
- Rear D-ring for attaching an ankle leash
- D-rings on the sides for securing a kayak seat
- Removable fin is easy to install without tools
- Triple-action hand pump for quick board inflation
- The backpack is high-quality and extremely well-designed
Length: 12 feet 6 inches
Width: 30 inches
Thickness: 6 inches
Weight: 22 pounds
Capacity: 300 pounds
Inflates to: 20PSI
Volume: 335 liters
Material: PVC (Dual Layer, Fusion Construction)
Carry handles: Three (nose, middle, tail)
Fins: Single fin (9 inches)
Paddle length: 70 to 86 inches
Warranty: 2-year warranty, 30-day money-back guarantee
Colors: Blue, Red
Included accessories: Travel backpack, single removable fin, NIXY 3-piece fiberglass paddle, NIXY Typhoon triple-action hand pump, NIXY Hybrid ankle leash, shoulder strap, board compression strap, repair kit (valve wrench, PVC patches), user manual
Performance: A large number of paddlers say that Manhattan is smooth through the water and lightweight. The smaller width and increased length allow this board to glide and develop very decent speed without taking too much effort. Considering it only has a single fin, the tracking is pretty good too.
While the board is easy to handle and maneuver, keep in mind that all touring boards are often a bit less stable. If you’re a beginner and don’t have much experience, this means that you’ll probably need some time to get used to the board. The Manhattan works best on flat water and smaller waves but can handle some surf too.
We also want to mention the included 3-piece paddle, since it’s a big part of the board’s performance. It’s made of fiberglass and has an adjustable length so you can find the best paddling position. Furthermore, this SUP paddle is very firm, and the nylon blade efficiently cuts through the water to make every stroke matter.
Construction: One of the best things about Manhattan SUP is its construction quality. Most people claim it’s one of the toughest boards they have used, which has to do with the Fusion technology we mentioned earlier. The board has two layers of PVC and a drop-stitch core that gives it top-notch rigidity.
It easily handles up to 20PSI pressure, which gives you the feeling like you’re riding a hardboard. We also want to add that it has carbon fiber rail reinforcements on both sides, so you don’t have to worry if you accidentally hit something along the way. Finally, NIXY gives a 2-year warranty on every product, and their excellent customer service will help you if you come across any problems.
Design: Customers agree that Manhattan is a beautiful board that stands out on the water. But the colorful print on the deck is not the only reason why people really like the boards. The EVA foam covers the whole deck, giving you excellent functionality and use of space too.
Besides, the deck comes with two storage areas (4-point at the nose, 6-point at the tail), and these are more than enough for everything you need to take with you. As we mentioned when talking about features, the board also has two extra D-rings on the sides. These are used to attach a seat and allow you to convert the SUP to a kayak if you prefer that style of paddling.
Setup: With the included Typhoon pump, the setup of this board becomes a piece of cake. The triple-action pump allows you to choose the mode of operation so you can reduce the resistance when pumping becomes harder. Users say that setup takes between 10 and 15 minutes, which is a pretty good time. Of course, if you’re not a fan of manually inflating the board, you can always opt for an electric SUP pump.
When the pumping process is finished, you need to attach the fan to the bottom side. The SUP fin goes on very easily, and you don’t require any tools to install it. Finally, don’t forget to attach the ankle leash before going out on the water. It is a safety feature, as it won’t allow the board to float away if you fall off the board.
Portability: Paddleboarders who bought the Manhattan board claim that it’s incredibly convenient to transport this SUP anywhere. As we mentioned, NIXY includes a travel backpack with the purchase, and it’s fantastic. Made of a combination of PVC and nylon they are very nice quality, big enough to fit the boards and all accessories really well. They also come with three wheels to roll the bag instead of carrying, one more reason why users are really impressed with the bags.
Furthermore, Manhattan is really easy to carry when inflated too. Weighing only 22 pounds, anyone can lift and move it. The three grab handles allow you not only to pick up and carry the board but also to easily handle it when getting in and out of the water.
- Price: 90% – Like other products from the NIXY line, Manhattan isn’t the most affordable board you can find. However, the price is pretty justified considering the quality level is the same as some much more expensive boards. Of course, you shouldn’t forget the included SUP accessories you get with the package, making it a pretty good deal.
- Material: 100% – The materials as well as the overall construction of this SUP make it one of the toughest on the market. The dual-layer PVC is exceptionally strong and puncture-resistant so you can go out on the water worry-free. We also like the quality of all the accessories, and we guarantee you won’t have to buy replacements any time soon.
- Design: 100% – Manhattan was designed to be fast on the water, and it doesn’t disappoint. Its sleek line allows it to easily glide through the water, all while saving you energy. Also, we think that the deck has everything you need for a nice day (in terms of storage capacity and comfort).
- Overall: 97% – We are really impressed with the Manhattan board, and there really isn’t much to complain about. It’s one of the best choices you can make if you want to truly experience paddleboarding and explore any water.
Globo Surf Overview
The NIXY Manhattan is a well-made board that covers long distances on the water thanks to its admirable speed. It’s comfortable to use and very easy to paddle. As we mentioned earlier, there is plenty of storage space for all the gear you need to bring. Its size also allows you to take a companion on a ride with you, a child, or your pet for example.
The recognizable NIXY construction guarantees quality and the included gear enables a quick and easy setup. The bottom line, it’s one of the best choices you can make if you want to take your paddleboarding game to a new level.
More Paddle Reviews:
- Tower Paddle Board
- Aqua Marina Paddle Board
- Jimmy Styks Paddle Board
- Electric Pump For SUP
- Touring Paddle Board
- Paddle Board Fishing
- Calories Burned Paddleboarding
- Gili 10’6 Air Inflatable Sup
- ISUP VS SUP
- Falling Off Paddle Board
- Manhattan G3 12.6 Touring Inflatable SUP, nixysports.com