The way that iRocker inflatable paddle boards are equipped is really something special. Not only do they come with everything you need on-board, but they also include an accessory bundle that makes it possible to go out on the water straight away. Take a look at some of the features that every iRocker Cruiser comes with:
- Eight stainless steel D-rings for securing gear or installing a seat
- EVA foam traction pad gives you comfort and secure footing
- Bungee-corded storage for securing a dry bag or a lunch cooler
- Grab handles for child safety when riding
- Tri-fin configuration for improved performance
- Action mount on the nose for installing various gear
- Front D-rings for anchoring or towing the board
- Carry handles in the middle and at the tail
Length: 10 feet 6 inches
Width: 33 inches
Thickness: 6 inches
Weight: 25 pounds
Capacity: 400 pounds
Inflates to: 15PSI
Material: Quad-layer military-grade PVC
Warranty: 2-year warranty, 30-day money-back guarantee
Included accessories: Travel backpack, fiberglass SUP paddle, three removable fins, ankle leash, full throttle hand pump, repair kit, bungee-corded storage, eight side D-rings, neoprene carry handle, user manual, stickers
Optional add-ons (sold separately): Fishing rod holder, iRocker cooler bag, shoulder carry strap, kayak seat kit, iRocker Bluetooth speaker
Performance: This board excels at what it was designed to do – give you a safe and stable ride. Riders say that the iRocker Cruiser won’t win many races, but you will feel great riding in both calm and choppy water. As we mentioned earlier, the body is wide throughout, which is the main reason for this stability.
But this doesn’t mean that the Cruiser doesn’t handle well in the water. Thanks to the triple-fin configuration, it tracks great and saves you a lot of energy while paddling the SUP. The fins are easy to install and remove, and you can use them in different combinations based on the conditions you’re paddling in.
As you had the chance to see, this package also includes a fiberglass paddle, and users say it’s fantastic. It comes in three pieces and allows you to adjust the length anywhere between 63 and 85 inches. Unlike many other SUP paddles that are included with boards, this one doesn’t flex, and has a nylon blade that makes your every stroke count. In addition, it’s color coded, giving it a nice visual touch.
Design: Riders are very happy with the design of this board. It’s highly functional and comfortable even for long rides. The deck is padded with croc pattern EVA foam that feels really nice. The nose area is turned to a bungee-corded storage space which can also be a great place for your child or dog to sit in when going with you.
The deck also comes equipped with 8 D-rings, 4 on each side. These are very convenient for securing some additional gear or even installing a kayak seat. If you sometimes prefer to sit down while paddling and want to add this option, converting to a kayak is really easy.
One of the nice additions to the new model is certainly the Action mount on the nose. You can use it to install a holder for your GoPro, phone, or even a rod holder if you want to try out some SUP fishing. There is also one additional D-ring next to the mount that is used for towing the board.
Construction: Like other iRocker inflatable paddle boards, this one also shows exceptional strength. Riders say that they were surprised with how rigid this board actually was, even when compared to a hard SUP. In fact, it feels and behaves like a hard board, something that not many inflatables can claim.
The quad-layer PVC is almost indestructible and has a drop-stitch interior structure which is responsible for the rigidity we just mentioned. Unlike other inflatables, this one doesn’t flex under weight, and you really have to try really hard if you want to damage it. The manufacturer also includes a repair kit (a valve wrench, 3 fin lever locks, 3 PVC patches), if something unexpected were to happen.
Setup: Paddleboarders agree that setting up this board isn’t difficult at all. The included hand pump (full throttle, dual chamber, triple action) is very efficient and easy to use. You will get an instruction manual that thoroughly explains how to inflate the SUP and reach the desired 15PSI. Since it takes only about 8 minutes, some people even go as far as to claim that this hand pump works faster than many electric SUP pumps, but that is for you to decide.
When you’re done inflating the board, you should install the fins, as well as the included ankle leash. The 10ft coiled leash connects to a rear D-ring and has swivels to prevent tangling. The comfortable ankle cuff is padded with neoprene to reduce chafing. It even has a pocket inside for a key or another small item. Of course, you also need to assemble the paddle, which is done in under a minute.
Portability: One of the best things about all inflatable SUPs is how portable they are, and this one is no exception. It’s very compact when packed, and convenient to take with you considering that it comes in a backpack. The backpack itself is great – made of tough fabric it has a padded back, padded and adjustable shoulder straps, plenty of plastic D-rings, compression straps, and a double zipper that opens it wide so you can easily pack the board. It also makes storing the SUP easy and saves you a lot of space.
In addition, this board is very portable even when inflated. It has a neoprene carry handle in the middle for picking it up, and a grab handle at the tail for getting it in and out of the water. Finally, you can buy a shoulder strap that attaches to the D-rings, if you want to make carrying the board from your car to the water even easier.
- Price: 95% – At this price point, we feel that the iRocker inflatable paddle board is a fantastic value. You a get top-notch board that you can enjoy in a number of different situations, and you get plenty of SUP accessories so you don’t have to buy them separately.
- Material: 90% – The four-layer PVC is revolutionary in the inflatable SUP world, and we love it. It makes the board almost indestructible, allowing you to concentrate only on enjoying yourself, without worrying whether you’re going to damage the board.
- Design: 100% – When it comes to design, we share the general user opinion – it’s great. While the shape of the Cruiser makes it an ideal beginner paddle board, it’s also versatile enough that it can be enjoyed by more experienced users too. In combination with all the features and its pleasant looks, there is plenty to like about this board.
- Overall: 95% – This SUP really caught our attention. It’s a well-rounded paddleboard that anyone can enjoy, but mainly those of you who want a relaxed and stable ride while enjoying the surroundings.
Globo Surf Overview
The iRocker Cruiser is a versatile board that is best suited for beginners. It’s really user-friendly, and one of the best boards to use if you want to learn how to SUP. The whole package of the Cruiser board puts it head and shoulders above its competition. Combined with the attractive price, there are many reasons to get this paddleboard.
- iRocker Cruiser 10’6” inflatable SUP, irockersup.com