The Bay Sports 11’6 Tour is a touring board that manages to find a balance between speed and stability, which isn’t easy to do. Thanks to its smart design, it’s incredibly easy to cover large distances on the water. What’s even better, it’s fast and tracks great so you will be able to save some energy too.
One of the most prominent things about the 11’6 Tour board is how well it’s made. The manufacturer uses its patented Fusion-Tec technology to make the triple-layer PVC body strong and able to withstand whatever you throw it’s way. In fact, it’s significantly stronger and more durable than many other competitor boards in this class, so you can count on it to last a long time.
Thanks to this strength, it easily supports larger paddlers too. The high weight capacity guarantees that the board won’t bend even if the user is heavy and the board loaded with gear. Even in this situation, it still manages to remain perfectly stable.
Like any high-quality board, the Bay Sports 11’6 Tour comes with all the accessories you need to get on the water straight away. However, the accessories are top-level in terms of quality, so even the demanding paddlers won’t think about getting replacements. The package includes a lightweight fiberglass paddle, a triple-action hand pump, and a padded travel backpack among other things.
There’s plenty of great things to say about this board – it’s a product you buy when you’re looking for quality and a board you will be able to enjoy for many years. Make sure to read the rest of our review and learn a few more things about the Tour board.
We think that the Bay Sports 2019 11’6 Tour gives you more than enough to enjoy yourself on the water. It’s not packed with unnecessary things, but the features which are included guarantee a great experience in and out of the water. This great-looking inflatable SUP comes with three fins, a soft and comfy standing deck, a storage area, and a couple of grab handles among other things. Let’s not forget the neat accessory package either. Take a quick look at everything it offers:
- The stylish design resembles wood and makes the board really stand out
- Triple-fin configuration for better handling and tracking
- The Center fin is removable for easier packing
- EVA foam deck for added stability while riding the board
- Four-point bungee storage in the nose area for a dry bag or other gear
- Neoprene carry handle in the middle
- Grab handle at the tail for getting the board in and out of the water
- D-ring next to the handle for attaching the ankle leash
- Rich package of high-quality accessories included
Length: 11 feet 6 inches
Width: 32 inches
Thickness: 6 inches
Weight: 17.4 pounds
Capacity: 400 pounds
Package size: 37 x 17 x 10.5 inches
Inflates to: 16PSI
Volume: 320 liters
Material: Triple-layer reinforced PVC
Carry handles: Two, center and tail
Fins: Three, central fin is removable
Warranty: 3-year warranty, 30-day money-back guarantee
Included accessories: Padded nylon backpack, Helios triple action hand pump, 3-piece fiberglass paddle, 9-inch center fin, US Air fin box, ankle leash, repair kit
Performance: Riders say that this board is impressive when it comes to speed. However, keep in mind that it’s not a racing board – it’s designed for touring and recreation. In addition to speed, the board tracks really well thanks to its three fins – one central and two additional side fins. The central fin is 9 inches long and can easily be removed and installed back again.
We already mentioned that the board is really stable, and users agree. They say that the wide tail area really contributes to this, and the stability even allows beginners to try and learn how to SUP with this board.
For overall performance to be good, the SUP paddle must be good too – and the included paddle really exceeds expectations. It’s made of fiberglass meaning it’s incredibly lightweight, but also very firm to make you’re every stroke count. It comes in three pieces and allows you to adjust the length to find the optimal arm position when paddling.
Design: The shape and overall design of this board are well-thought-out. The sharper and slightly lifted nose allows the board to cut through the water while reducing drag. On the other hand, the tail we mentioned is more rectangular in shape so the board doesn’t rock too much.
The deck is covered with an EVA foam pad that feels great underneath your feet but also gives you a firm and stable foot position when paddling, even when wet. Even though it’s not its primary purpose, many people have used this board for practicing some yoga poses too.
In the nose area, there is convenient bungee-corded storage for which the users say it’s more than handy but could be a bit larger. It’s easy to slip a lunch cooler in there or a couple of water bottles, which will certainly be needed when going on a longer ride around the lake.
Construction: The materials used when making this board are some of the best on the market right now. Furthermore, Bay Sports uses Fusion-Tec technology and machine production to minimize the chances of the board having any weak points whatsoever. Even the sides have additional reinforcements. All this results in a really tough product, and the riders are generally very impressed with the board’s strength.
Another great thing about it is how light it is. This is particularly noticeable when compared to a hard SUP since this one allows you to easily take it anywhere (while still being strong and rigid as a traditional hardboard). When buying this board you also get a quick repair kit (glue, patches, valve wrench) if something goes wrong, but the generous 3-year warranty really shows you that the manufacturer believes in their product.
You might also like: Peak 11 Expedition Inflatable Paddle Board
Setup: Setting up the Tour 11’6 is finished in a matter of minutes, especially thanks to the Helios triple action pump included in the package. It allows you to easily adjust the mode of operation and reach the target 16PSI without trouble. The deflation process is equally simple, making the board very convenient for when you don’t have a lot of time to lose.
Of course, if you’re not a fan of manually inflating the SUP, you should consider getting a high-quality electric pump to do the job for you. Once the board is inflated, be sure to connect the center fin and also attach the ankle leash you got in the package. Finally, always remember to wear a life vest when going out on the water and think about your own safety.
Portability: Like other inflatables, the Tour 11 is easily portable. It’s very compact when packed, and fits in the included carry backpack you get with the purchase. The backpack is a huge plus since you would otherwise have to buy a board bag yourself. It’s padded so it sits comfortably on your back and has mesh sides to allow air circulation if you put a wet board in it. As you can see, all this makes transporting and storing the SUP a piece of cake compared to traditional boards.
- Price: 85% – If we’re being honest, this is not the most budget-friendly board out there. It probably won’t be a good pick for those who are looking to get into paddleboarding on a budget. This being said, we think that it’s well worth the money since a high-quality product will definitely last longer.
- Material: 100% – This is where the Tour 11”6 really shines. It’s made of the highest quality materials, with three layers of PVC and a drop-stitch interior structure. All this gives it amazing rigidity, which is surprising considering how lightweight it is. With it, you can enjoy all the benefits of paddleboarding without worrying about damaging the board.
- Design: 95% – There are several color choices available when buying, and the wood-look edition we’re reviewing is particularly stylish. Other than its good looks, the board is very functional too – we like the storage area, the large deck pad, and the high weight capacity which allows you to take your child or pet on a ride with you.
- Overall: 93% – All things considered, the positives significantly outweigh the negatives (if there are any real negatives anyway). It’s a well-made board, rich with SUP accessories, and we highly recommend it to anyone looking for a long-term solution for their paddleboarding adventures.
Globo Surf Overview
The bottom line, the Bay Sports 2019 11’6 Tour is one of the best choices out there if you want to relax and cover larger distances when exploring the water. It’s able to go fast and straight, and thanks to the fantastic paddle your stroke is efficient so you won’t get tired quickly. We already said many nice things about its build quality, and you should also know that customer service is really friendly and ready to help if you encounter any problems. The Tour 11’6 definitely worth thinking about, and we’re sure that it will pleasantly surprise you.
Single Products Paddle Board Reviews:
- NIXY Manhattan Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board Review
- Tower IRace 12’6” Paddleboard Review
- Ten Toes Weekender 10′ Paddleboard Review
- IRocker Cruiser Paddleboard Review
- Hala Playa Paddleboard Review
- BIC Sport ACE-TEC Paddleboard Review
- Gili 11′ / 12′ Adventure Inflatable SUP Board Review
- Tower Xplorer 14′ Inflatable SUP Review
- ISLE Airtech 12’6 Touring Inflatable SUP Review