The features of a certain board are one of the things that can make or break the deal. Because of this, the Peak 11 Expedition was carefully designed so that you can fully enjoy every minute you spend on the water. Compared to many other inflatable SUPs, this is a complete package, both in terms of the things you get on the board itself but also the SUP accessories you get with it. Take a quick look at what this board offers:
- A traction pad made of brushed EVA foam prevents feet from slipping
- Two bungee-corded storage areas for securing your equipment
- Tri-fin configuration improves tracking and maneuverability
- The Center fin is removable to make packing the board easier
- D-ring in the back for attaching the included ankle leash
- Carry handle in the middle for picking up the inflated board
- Grab handles at the nose and tail for dragging the board
- The package includes a backpack, a pump, an ankle leash, and a paddle
Length: 11 feet
Width: 32 inches
Thickness: 6 inches
Weight: 19.5 pounds
Capacity: 350 pounds
Inflates to: 12PSI
Material: Military-grade PVC, dual-layer
Carry handles: 3
Fins: 3, central fin is removable
Warranty: 1-year warranty, 30-day money-back guarantee
Included accessories: Travel backpack, 3-piece aluminum paddle, coil ankle leash, dual-action pump, removable center fin, waterproof phone case
Performance: Riders are very happy with how the Expedition SUP performs in different circumstances. It’s very responsive and maneuverable so you won’t have any trouble controlling it. Thanks to its 32in width, it’s incredibly stable, which is great for all of you who want to learn how to SUP. Besides, it features a tri-fin setup which allows it to track better.
To get the most out of your board, you need to have a good SUP paddle too. Users agree that the included paddle is pretty good and very easy to use. The aluminum shaft comes in three pieces and allows you to adjust the length, while the nylon blade is efficient in the water and colored to match the board. The paddle floats if you drop it in the water, which is an added plus.
Design: This is certainly one of the most functional boards in this price range. People say that it’s really enjoyable for many hours, thanks to the brushed EVA foam pad that feels great under your feet. If you combine it with the stability we mentioned, this makes it excellent for all sorts of different activities – fitness, SUP fishing, or even bringing a pet with you.
As we mentioned earlier, you get two bungee-corded storage areas on the deck. The front one is larger (6 D-rings), while the one at the tail is smaller (4 D-rings). The combination of these two allows you to bring everything you need, including dry bags, crates, water bottles, or anything else. There is also an additional D-ring behind the valve, used to attach the leash you get.
In terms of looks, riders say it really stands out on the water. Both prints (green and blue) are very stylish, and all the included accessories come in colors to match, giving the board a really sleek look.
Setup: It takes about 10 minutes to fully inflate the board with the included dual-action hand pump. The pump is easy to use and has a pressure gauge on top that allows you to control when you’ve reached the targeted 12PSI. If you plan to inflate the board frequently, you can also get an electric SUP pump which will cut down the setup time to about five minutes. The board has a Halkey-Roberts type valve which is very secure in holding the air in, but also makes it really easy to deflate the board when it’s time to pack.
After you’ve inflated the board, you still need to do a couple of things. First, you need to install the center fin under the board, which is easy since it simply slides into place. Then you need to attach the ankle leash to the ring (and around your ankle), so you don’t get separated from the board if you fall into the water. Safety must be on your mind when going out, so make sure you always wear a life vest too.
Portability: Users are more than satisfied with how portable this board is. We already mentioned that it’s really light, but it also comes in a neat board bag (backpack), which has padded and adjustable straps so that you can easily put it on your back and go. The backpack has enough room for all the included accessories, making transporting and storing the SUP a piece of cake.
Also, the Expedition SUP is easy to carry when inflated too. There is a convenient handle in the middle, and grab handles on both ends which allow you to pull the board in and out of the water.
- Price: 90% – We always appreciate quality and think that a good board is worth investing in. The Expedition SUP is not the cheapest inflatable board on the market, but it is one of the best (if not the best one) in its price range. It’s a strong and well-made board you will enjoy for a long time.
- Material: 95% – The material used is somewhat standard in the iSUP industry, but this one takes it to a higher level. Unlike many others, this board uses multiple layers of PVC for added strength and rigidity. However, it still manages to remain very lightweight, which is one of the advantages inflatables have when compared to a hard SUP.
- Design: 100% – We don’t have anything to complain about when it comes to the design. It’s incredibly stable, tracks well gives you plenty of storage, and you feel very comfortable using it for longer periods of time. In other words, you can’t really expect more from an all-around board.
- Overall: 95% – All things considered, this is a very good board. It’s easy to transport, very user-friendly, and able to withstand some abuse. We can honestly recommend it to anyone who wants a high-quality board for any type of SUP recreation.
Globo Surf Overview
The Peak 11 Expedition is a great all-around board that allows you to comfortably explore the water. It’s incredibly easy and enjoyable to use, giving you the chance to fully experience all the benefits of paddleboarding. In combination with all the included accessories, you really get everything you need. On top of this, it looks really good too. If you’re looking for versatility and want to use your board for relaxed paddling, touring, exercise, and even fishing, this is the way to go.
More Paddle Reviews:
- SUP For PDF
- Electric Pump For SUP
- SUP Accessories
- Touring Paddle Board
- SUP Leash
- Paddle Board Transport
- Tower Adventurer 2
- Acqua Marina Vapor
- SUP Australia
- Atoll Paddle Board
- Peak 11 Expedition SUP, peakpaddleboards.com