BIC ACE-TEC Cross Stand-Up Paddleboard
- What Makes This Sup Stand Out
- Performs well in both calm and choppy water
- Exceptional strength and durability
- Comfortable and very stable to stand on
- Attachment points for your gear
Size: 10ft (L) x 33in (W) x 4 ¾ in (T)
One of the best things about the BIC Sport ACE-TEC board is its functionality. It isn’t cramped with features like some other stand-up paddleboards but offers more than enough for a fantastic ride. The board itself is well-made and has additions such as a comfortable deck pad, attachment rings, and a removable fin to make your ride better. Take a quick look at all the features that make it so popular among paddlers:
- Wave Groove deck pad gives you top-level comfort and grip
- Keeled nose improves tracking and gliding
- Removable center fin improves performance in flat water
- Full rail-to-rail volume makes the board very stable and efficient
- Six attachment points allow you to quickly secure your gear
- The flat deck makes it a great choice for yoga or fitness activities
- Ergo-grip carry handle makes carrying a piece of cake
Length: 10 feet
Width: 33 inches
Thickness: 4 ¾ inches
Weight: 27 pounds
Capacity: 220 pounds
Fin: Center, 9 inches
Material: ACE-TEC Epoxy Composite
Warranty: 2-year warranty, 30-day money-back guarantee
Performance: Paddlers are very happy with how this SUP performs. The keel we mentioned earlier is responsible for excellent tracking, which is not very common among shorter boards. It’s also surprisingly fast, especially considering that it’s wide. Furthermore, the rocker works really nice for tackling waves, but it doesn’t compromise performance in flat water.
This board comes with a three-fin FCS configuration, so you can customize performance depending on whether you’re using it on calm water or in the surf. The three-fin configuration is best for handling waves, while a single center fin works best for flat water. Unfortunately, you only get the 9-inch center fin in the package, while the two side fins are sold separately. You will also need to invest in a good SUP paddle, to get the most out of this board when out on the water.
Stability: One of the great things about this board is the high-level stability. This is mainly thanks to the 33in width, unusual for a 10-foot board. This gives it an ultra-stable platform, so you have full control throughout the ride. One additional thing that helps is the mentioned rail-to-rail volume, giving it much better weight distribution and minimizing the chances of tipping over.
Users say that this board remains stable even when you are loaded with gear, or if you choose to take a dog on a ride. However, keep the weight limit in mind, and be sure not to go over it. Additionally, you should always wear a life vest when going out, and get an ankle leash so the board can’t drift away if you fall into the water.
You might also like: Gili 11′ / 12′ Adventure Inflatable SUP Board
Construction: The BIC Sport ACE-TEC really stands out when it comes to the way it’s made. Paddlers say that not many other boards are so strong and so lightweight at the same time. The secret behind this is the layered construction of this board.
Starting in the middle, there is a molded watertight EPS foam core, which serves as a base. After this, the board is layered in fiberglass and non-toxic epoxy resin. The final step is placing it inside a mold that thermoforms strong and firm skin around it, giving it the toughness and rigidity it needs for everyday use. BIC also puts a rail guard around the board, protecting it from side damage.
As for the top surface, it’s lined with a diamond groove deck pad. The 10-foot version of this board has 3/4 of its surface covered, while the 11-foot Adventure version has a pad covering the whole deck. The pad is comfortable, durable, and gives you excellent traction for paddling or practicing some yoga poses.
Use: In the beginning, we said that this is a versatile board, and users really agree with that statement. While it works best on flat and calm water, this board can also be used for tackling surf or getting some calorie burn. The Adventure version we mentioned is particularly good for fitness activities or yoga, thanks to the larger pad.
The deck of this SUP comes equipped with 6 attachment points (8 on the longer version), which paddlers find very convenient. These are great for securing your gear to the deck, for example, a dry bag or a SUP cooler to bring some food and drinks with you.
Finally, if you want the best experience from this board (or any other for that matter), you need to size the SUP correctly. The 10-foot version of this board works best for average-sized adults (specs of this version are listed above). On the other hand, the 11-foot version can easily support a larger user of up to 280lbs of weight. Both are great for entry-level users, so you have nothing to worry about.
Portability: As you had the chance to see, this is an incredibly light board. Combined with the Ergo-grip handle in the middle, you don’t need a lot of strength to carry it. You can also attach soft carry handles on both sides of the board, and have someone help you carry it to the water.
Unlike inflatable paddleboards, solid boards are a bit more demanding to transport. Users say that it’s a good idea to get a car rack for SUPs, especially if you own several boards. Also, think about getting a SUP bag too, to protect the board from dirt and UV damage.
- Top-level build quality
- Works great in flat water or surf
- Excellent stability
- Easy to turn and maneuver
- Great for activities like yoga or fitness
- Doesn’t come with any accessories
- A bit pricey
- Price: 85% – The quality of the BIC ACE-TEC paddleboard is exceptional, so the price is justified to an extent. However, it would be nice if the package included the side fins or a paddle, which you have to buy separately. But this isn’t really a dealbreaker since you’re getting an excellent board.
- Material: 100% – The combination of materials used for making this board is tested and reliable. We like how light this board is, but at the same time, it’s almost indestructible. You don’t have to worry about accidental bumps since nothing is going to happen.
- Design: 90% – We love the design of this board, especially when discussing stability and performance. You will feel very secure standing on it, and it isn’t exhausting to paddle. We also like the gear attachment points and the cozy deck pad. On top of this, the board looks really nice too.
- Overall: 92% – Buying this one is a smart move for anyone who wants a single board for different activities – relaxed paddling, catching a wave, or occasional fitness, all this while getting the full benefits of paddleboarding. It left a really good impression on us, and we can honestly recommend it if you need this type of SUP.
Globo Surf Overview
The BIC ACE-TEC Cross is probably one of the best all-around boards you’ll come across. You can expect many great adventures with this one – it’s easy to paddle, very maneuverable, and exceptionally stable. Thanks to all this, it’s a good choice for those who want to learn how to SUP. While it’s not a top performer when it comes to speed, it is an exciting and real pleasure to use. Whether you want to take a long relaxed tour or just want to do some exercise on the water, this one won’t let you down.
Single Products Paddle Board Reviews:
- NIXY Manhattan Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board Review
- Bay Sports 2019 11’6 Tour Paddleboard Review
- Peak 11 Expedition Inflatable Paddle Board Review
- Tower IRace 12’6” Paddleboard Review
- Ten Toes Weekender 10′ Paddleboard Review
- IRocker Cruiser Paddleboard Review
- Hala Playa Paddleboard Review
- Tower Xplorer 14′ Inflatable SUP Review
- ISLE Airtech 12’6 Touring Inflatable SUP Review