The abundance of features is probably the main thing that makes this inflatable paddle board so attractive. It’s equipped with everything you need for a relaxed day on the water – a large and comfortable standing area, an adjustable paddle to easily control the board and a system of three fins underneath to make gliding easier.
In addition, it has plenty of space for all your gear, so you can even take it on longer tours and enjoy all the benefits of paddle boarding. Check out the most prominent features that this SUP has to offer:
- Oversized brushed EVA pad increases comfort and stability
- Nose and tail grab handles make handling the board easy
- Neoprene-covered center handle for carrying the board
- Two bungee-corded storage areas for your gear
- A total of 17 D-rings for attaching and securing your equipment
- Three-fin system makes tracking excellent
- Two-stage pump for fast inflation
- Adjustable carbon fiber paddle for easier paddling
- Comfortable backpack makes traveling convenient
- Repair kit to quickly patch up the board
Length: 11 feet
Width: 32 inches
Thickness: 6 inches
Weight: 19 pounds
Capacity: 290 pounds (advanced paddlers can exceed the limit)
Material: Dual-layer PVC, made with MSL fusion technology
Volume: 238 liters
Paddle length: 64 to 86 inches (adjustable)
Warranty: 2-year warranty, 60-day risk-free return
Colors available: Blue/gray and Yellow/gray
Included accessories: Carbon fiber paddle, two-stage hand pump, 10-inch coiled ankle leash, snap-in center fin, carry backpack, repair kit
Usability: Paddlers agree that using this board is a real pleasure. The Adventure SUP works best on calm water such as lakes and ponds, but it won’t let you down in choppy water and stronger winds either. It glides really well when paddling the SUP, which saves your energy and allows you to cover larger distances.
This board is large enough even for tall people, which is a big plus. The brushed EVA foam padding feels great underneath your feet and prevents slipping. The board is comfortable for sitting and kneeling too, so some people use it for SUP yoga which can be a very interesting experience.
Stability and Tracking: Thanks to the wide surface and good thickness, this board is incredibly stable. As we mentioned earlier, this is the thing that makes it so beginner-friendly. Also, you won’t have any trouble getting back on the SUP if you happen to fall into the water.
The tracking is excellent too, mostly thanks to the removable 9-inch center fin. However, this model is also equipped with two supplementary fins on the sides. These really help maintain course while paddling and make turning much easier.
Even though the board is fairly wide, there hasn’t been a significant loss in performance. The rocker is increased which makes maneuvering the board effortless. Furthermore, users agree that the SUP paddle that comes with this board is much better than the earlier versions. It comes in three carbon fiber pieces and has an efficient nylon blade. As mentioned, the length can be adjusted so that anyone can use it.
Despite being stable and user-friendly, you shouldn’t forget about safety. This is why you get a high-quality ankle leash in the package too. It has a strong, coiled 10in cord, and neoprene cuff for your comfort. You attach it to the D-ring at the tail, and users say it’s very handy. Additionally, always remember to wear a SUP life vest when going out on the water.
Storage: Customers who have tried this board are impressed by the amount of storage space. Unlike many others, this one is equipped with two bungee-corded storage areas (in the front and back), with the front one being a bit larger. You have plenty of space for a dry bag and many other things. In addition, you can also bring a fishing rod if you’re interested in trying some paddle board fishing.
Besides these storage areas (which have a total of 10 D-rings), you also get additional 6 rings in the middle (3 on each side). These are really convenient for attaching some other SUP gear, but are most often used for securing a kayak seat. This is great if you need to sit down and take a break once in a while, and is the first step to converting the SUP into a kayak.
Setup: You can get this board up and running in less than 10 minutes. The pump you get in the package is efficient and has a dual-action operation meaning it inflates on both strokes (up and down). Optimally, the Adventure paddle board needs to be inflated to 15PSI.
Users say that it’s much easier to do if you remove the pin and use it as a single-action pump for the last few PSI. If you don’t want to trouble yourself by doing it manually, you can always get an electric SUP pump to make the process quicker and easier.
Portability: This board is equipped with three grab handles. Two at the front and rear are great for easily getting the board in and out of the water, while the one in the middle is made of neoprene and positioned perfectly for easy carrying.
In addition, the backpack is excellent too. It features a large zipper so you can easily pack the board, and has several compression straps. On the side, you’ll get a mesh pocket used to store the paddle when transporting. Finally, the shoulder straps are padded, so it won’t strain your back while carrying it.
Durability: Paddlers agree that the build quality of this board is top-notch. It’s made of two layers of machine-laminated PVC, that remains lightweight while being exceptionally strong. It doesn’t have any weak points and feels very rigid once inflated. You don’t have to worry about any obstacles since rocks and branches won’t damage the board.
As an additional bonus, the package includes a repair kit. Equipped with PVC patches, waterproof glue, and a valve wrench, you have everything you need for a quick fix on the go. Furthermore, Gili gives you a 2-year warranty on the board, as well as a 60-day money-back guarantee.
We really like the whole high-quality package of the Adventure SUP, since it guarantees a great day on the water. The design makes it an excellent beginner paddle board, and in you can take it anywhere thanks to its weight and the convenient backpack.
- Price: 95% – Even though there are cheaper inflatable SUPs on the market, none of them is quite like this one when it comes to quality. You can be certain you’re investing your money in a board that is going to perform great for many years, and that’s the most important thing.
- Material: 100% – When it comes to material, it can hardly get any better than this. Gili uses modern fusion technology that makes the board stronger and lighter at the same time. You don’t have to worry if you hit something in the water, because the board can take it without problems.
- Design: 95% – We really appreciate when the manufacturer has an ear for its customers, as is the case with Gili. They took all the good things from their smaller Gili 10’6 Air model and raised the bar to a new level by improving the comfort and usability.
- Overall: 97% – This is a well-rounded board that will work great no matter where you put it. The blend of quality and performance is something we rarely see in other boards, making this a great pick for your next adventure.
Globo Surf Overview
If you’re looking for an easy-to-use board with great features, the Gili 11′ Adventure Paddle Board should be on top of your list. You can completely rely on it to perform in different conditions on the water which is a huge plus. As we discussed earlier, just about anyone can use it. On top of all this, it looks great and stands out on the lake.
All things considered, this board really doesn’t have many weak spots. If you liked what it so far, we’re sure you won’t regret buying it!
- Gili 11′ Adventure Paddle Board, gilisports.com