IRocker Sport offers plenty when it comes to features. It’s one of those boards that has everything needed for a great day out on the water in terms of functionality, comfort, and convenience. Take a look at what makes this inflatable SUP so special:
- Tri-fin setup for customizing performance in different conditions
- Anti-slip EVA foam traction pad for comfort and safety
- Center carry handle for carrying the inflated board
- Bungee-corded storage area for securing your equipment
- Multiple D-rings on the sides for attaching gear or customizing the board
- Raised kick tail for increased control when making sharp turns
- Action mount at the nose for quick gear mounting
- Tail D-ring for connecting the ankle leash
Length: 11 feet
Width: 31 inches
Thickness: 6 inches
Weight: 27 pounds
Capacity: 385 pounds
Inflates to: 15PSI
Material: Quad-layer military-grade PVC
Warranty: 2-year warranty, 30-day money-back guarantee
Included accessories: Eight D-rings, large cargo area, neoprene carry handle, three fins, travel backpack, fiberglass paddle, ankle leash, hand pump, repair kit, user manual
Optional add-ons (sold separately): kayak seat kit, cooler deck bag, fishing rod holder, shoulder carry strap
Performance: Riders say that this is one of the fastest iSUPs they have tried. It has a streamlined shape, and the narrow tail helps reduce drag while paddling. Besides, the nose design allows it to easily glide through the water, and the kick tail in the back makes turning easier.
As we mentioned earlier, the iRocker Sport comes equipped with three fins (one center and two sides), and all three are removable. The fin configuration raises tracking to a whole new level, and by removing some of them you can customize the board’s performance depending on whether you’re on flat or choppy water. While on this subject, we should mention that the board will work great on smaller waves, but won’t perform well in rougher circumstances.
To get the most out of your new board, you need to have a good SUP paddle. We can tell you that the included fiberglass paddle is incredible. The shaft comes in three pieces and allows you to adjust the length from 63 to 85 inches. The blade is tough and made of nylon, and you can install an additional blade on the other side if you need a kayak paddle. Finally, if you drop it in the water you don’t have to worry, because it will float on the surface.
Design: Users agree that the iRocker paddle board has an incredibly smart design. Everything is so easy to use and placed exactly where it should be. The nose area of this board is rigged with 6 D-rings which are interconnected with bungee cords. This creates a large storage area which is great for securing a dry bag or other paddleboard accessories.
Next to it, you will find a neat little Action mount that can be used for quickly attaching some equipment. You can use it to mount your GoPro, attach a holder for your fishing rod, or get a specially designed Bluetooth speaker from iRocker.
The deck of this board is covered with an EVA foam traction pad which feels really nice under your feet and gives you a secure grip while paddling. Since it has a nice and wide surface, it allows you to even take your dog with you when going out. There is also a nice carry handle in the middle for picking the board up.
On both sides of the deck, you will find four D-rings. These can be used for securing some additional gear, or even for installing a kayak seat. Many people have tried this, and say that converting to a kayak isn’t difficult with this one.
Construction: We must mention the construction of this board since so many riders praise it. It’s incredibly strong and rigid, thanks to the quad-layer PVC shell. It has a high-pressure Halkey-Roberts valve in the back that makes sure the board doesn’t lose air when on the water.
In fact, you can safely leave it inflated between sessions without any risk – just make sure to avoid direct sunlight. If something happens, you have a repair kit that includes a valve wrench, three lever locks (for the fins), and three PVC patches. Of course, the warranty is a great addition too.
Setup: Setting up this board is a piece of cake. You get a hand pump (full throttle, dual-chamber, triple-action), that allows you to inflate the board and reach the desired 15PSI in 5 to 10 minutes. It’s very fast and efficient since you can switch between three modes of action when pumping becomes hard. Of course, if you don’t like doing it manually, you can always get an electric SUP pump.
After inflating it, you install the fins and lock them in place. You shouldn’t forget to attach the included ankle leash, so you don’t lose the board if you fall into the water. The leash cord is long, while the cuff itself is comfortable to wear and has a hidden pocket inside. Finally, don’t forget to always throw on a life vest when going out.
Portability: Like other inflatables, this board is very portable. Users say that the included board bag makes things even better. It’s a high-quality bag with padded and adjustable shoulder straps, a sternum strap, and a waist belt for added stability. The bag interior is very spacious so you have plenty of room not just for the board and a paddle, but even for some other gear.
The board itself is very compact when packed, and the fact that you can fully remove the fins certainly helps. The board bag easily fits into a car trunk, and you can even take it on a plane with you. When comparing inflatable vs hard SUPs, the inflatables are more convenient not just for transporting the board, but also because they take up much less space when storing them at home.
- Price: 100% – We think this is one of the best deals you can get. The price tag would be great even if you were getting just the board itself. However, if you think about all the other things you’re getting, this basically becomes a bargain. It’s a high-quality board that’s well worth the money.
- Material: 90% – The iRocker paddleboard is certainly among the toughest inflatables out there. We really like the four-layer PVC shell because not only does it make the board durable, it also makes it more rigid to give you a nicer feel when riding it.
- Design: 100% – The design of this one is incredible. From its shape that guarantees fast and smooth gliding, to all the features this board comes with, it really has everything. And on top of all this, it’s very pleasing to the eye too.
- Overall: 97% – We can honestly recommend this board to anyone looking for some adventure on the water. As we said earlier, it may be difficult for complete beginners to get used to it. As for the rest of you, you won’t be able to find an iSUP that can offer more.
Globo Surf Overview
Overall, this is a fast, reliable, and very exciting board. IRocker Sport is sure to give plenty of fun to those who know how to use it. Since it’s an inflatable SUP, it’s really compact and easy to take with you anywhere, especially since it comes in a travel backpack. All things considered, this is a very budget-friendly package. It gives you real value for your money, so you really can’t go wrong with this one.
More Paddle Reviews:
- SUP For PDF
- Electric Pump For SUP
- SUP Accessories
- Touring Paddle Board
- SUP Leash
- How To Stand Up Paddle Board
- Hobie Mirage Eclipse
- Used Paddle Board
- SUP Paddles Length
- Yoga On Paddleboard
- iROCKER Sport Inflatable SUP, irockersup.com