The Flying Fisherman Cay Sal polarized sunglasses are designed to give you clear vision and relax your eyes when fishing on sunny days. This awesome pair of sunglasses protect you from UV rays and eliminates the glare from the water surface, subsequently reducing the strain on your eyes. Of course, good fishing sunglasses should also provide some physical protection, and the Cay Sal excels in this category too.
Flying Fisherman is a company with more than three decades of experience in making fishing sunglasses, and their AcuTint lens is perhaps the thing they are most famous for. This is a high-quality polarized lens that can improve the contrast of the colors you see without distorting them in any way. The Amber-Green tint on this particular model is the perfect choice for bright sunny days. Also, these polycarbonate lenses are tested to be completely shatterproof.
The frame of the Cay Sal sunglasses is made of TR-90 polymer which is known for its exceptional strength. The nose bridge and temples are rubberized, and the glasses have a snug fit that follows the lines of your face while remaining very comfortable. As the manufacturer points out, these are made by fishermen who know the challenges you’ll face and how to overcome them. If you want some great eye protection on your fishing trips, make sure to read on and learn more about the Cay Sal glasses.
The neat features of the Cay Sal sunglasses make them a real pleasure to wear. The special manufacturing process gives them an excellent color balance and makes them shatterproof. This guarantees protection from flying objects, which is important for fishing sunglasses. Combined with all the other features, this makes using them around the water fantastic. Take a look to see what the Cay Sal sunglasses have to offer:
- RhinoLens polycarbonate lens is shatterproof and scratch-resistant
- Extra-strong TR-90 frame guarantees durability
- AcuTint lens system prevents color distortion and improves contrast
- Lens polarization eliminates glare on the water surface
- Lenses give you full UVA and UVB protection (UV400)
- Mirrored layer on the lens surface helps reflect light for a clearer vision
- The amber-Green color of the lens is very pleasant on sunny days
Lens width: 63 millimeters
Lens height: 39 millimeters
Bridge width: 12 millimeters
Temple length: 126 millimeters
Lens material: Polycarbonate
Lens color: Amber-Green
Lens type: Mirrored
UV protection: Yes, UV400
Frame material: TR-90 Grilamid
Frame color: Black
Weight: 1 ounce
Warranty: 1 year
Included accessories: Microfiber drawstring case
Lens construction: Anglers say that the strength of these lenses is amazing and that cracking them is next to impossible. As we’ve pointed out earlier, they are made of polycarbonate which is probably the best choice for making shatter-resistant lenses. These RhinoLenses, as Flying Fisherman calls them, have been thoroughly tested and proved that they can even endure being repeatedly hit by a 10-ounce hammer.
This is more than welcome when you and the people around you are casting lines with hooks and sinkers because it will prevent any potential eye injury. It’s one of the main reasons why polycarbonate is a better choice than glass, as shattered glass would be dangerous in situations like these.
In addition to being unbreakable, lenses on the Cay Sal glasses are also resistant to scratching. Scratches on the lens can be really annoying and distracting, so this is certainly a big plus. The production of these lenses meets and exceeds every ANSI and CE standard required for high-quality eyewear, so you know it’s the real deal. The construction quality, as well as their performance, are the main culprits why these are among the favorite polarized sunglasses for many in the fishing community.
Lens performance: The best thing about these sunglasses is how good they feel when worn around water. Flying Fisherman pays a lot of attention to lens design, and anglers claim that the AcuTint lens coloring system truly makes a difference. You can expect to see true colors with excellent contrast in any situation, no matter if you’re fishing the flats or going deep-sea fishing. Unlike many other fishing sunglasses, these don’t darken the image, meaning you can easily see the fishing line and everything that is happening on and in the water.
An additional plus is that these are polarized, which is almost essential when you’re looking at the water. The glare on the water surface prevents you from seeing what’s happening on the water, which is why most ordinary sunglasses don’t really work for fishing. Polarized lenses have the ability to remove that glare, giving you a clear view. Anglers say that this makes it possible to spot fish that are swimming near the surface, and also see where your boat is going.
The lens color on this particular model is amber-green, which feels very pleasant to the eye. This color is also said to be the most comfortable when there is plenty of sunshine. Besides, these lenses are mirrored, a feature that additionally reduces glare and brightness. Of course, mirrored lenses look pretty good too.
We also want to mention the UV protection that the Cay Sal sunglasses give you, as they block both UVA and UVB rays (up to 400 nanometers). Exposure to UV rays can be very harmful to the eyes, and this is especially risky when you’re on water because it reflects a certain percentage of the rays. This is why you need sunglasses with UV protection when fishing and anglers say that these do a really nice job.
Frame and Fit: Users agree that these glasses are incredibly strong and that you don’t need to worry about accidentally breaking them. TR-90 Grilamid has fantastic strain resistance, so the frame won’t snap even if you bend the glasses. A-frame like this one pair really well with the previously mentioned RhinoLenses, combining for a really tough pair of fishing sunglasses. When tackling the fish, you won’t have the time to pay attention to your sunglasses and the Cay Sal has you covered.
The frame comes with rubber pads on the nose and temple and anglers claim that these make the Cay Sal sunglasses even more comfortable. You can easily wear them through a whole day of fishing without them feeling heavy or uncomfortable. However, keep in mind that this is a medium fit. While it will be great for most people, be sure to check the dimensions we provided to see if these will be a good fit on your face.
- Price: 90% – The price point for the Cay Sal sunglasses is excellent, considering the quality you’re getting. Compared to most models with similar features, these can match the overall quality and still save you a few bucks. The value they offer is great because you’re getting a pair of sunglasses you’ll be able to use for a long time.
- Material: 100% – We think that the choice of materials is fantastic. The fact that the polycarbonate lenses can’t be shattered gives you peace of mind in knowing your eyes are protected, and the TR-90 polymer frame is an excellent choice for the general durability of this model.
- Design: 95% – These are very stylish and are bound to catch the eye of your fellow fishermen, looking like true sport sunglasses. In addition to the style, they are made to be highly functional too. We like that the shape makes them very secure on the head, and the rubberized parts we mentioned really increase the comfort while wearing them.
- Overall: 95% – Cay Sal sunglasses successfully combine top-level strength and excellent functionality. These durable glasses will give your eyes the comfort they need on a clear and sunny day on the water. We can recommend them to any angler who wants proper eye protection for a very reasonable amount of money.
Globo Surf Overview
The Flying Fisherman Cay Sal sunglasses offer exceptional performance in any situation. The best thing about these is that they create the perfect contrast while completely removing glare and blocking UV rays, making sure you don’t have to strain your eyes anymore. As we’ve pointed out earlier, these are really tough too so they can also protect your eyes from accidents. It’s a really good purchase at this price point and will make an excellent addition to your fishing trip checklist.
More Fishing Reviews:
- Monofilament Line
- Fishing Shoes
- Fly Fishing Reels
- Surf Fishing Rod
- Fillet Knife
- Humane Way To Kill A Fish
- Shad Fishing
- What Color Worms For Bass
- Spinning Reel Sizes
- Fishing In Texas
- Flying Fisherman Cay Sal Polarized Sunglasses, flyingfisherman.com