When talking about features, the SereneLife inflatable paddle board isn’t exactly loaded with them but has everything you need for a pleasant day out on the water. The deck is padded and comfortable, you have a place to stash your gear, and it comes with many accessories that allow quick setup. Take a quick look at what it has to offer:
- EVA foam deck pad prevents slipping and feels soft and comfortable
- Four-point bungee-corded storage is convenient for a dry bag or other equipment
- Padded carry handle in the middle for carrying the inflated board
- Three fins help with tracking and handling the board
- Center fin is removable which makes packing the board easier
- Four additional D-rings on the sides for securing other gear or even a seat
- Rear D-ring for attaching the included ankle leash
Length: 10 feet
Width: 30 inches
Thickness: 6 inches
Weight: 19.6 pounds
Capacity: 275 pounds
Inflates to: 15PSI
Material: Military grade PVC
Included accessories: Travel bag, dual-action pump, adjustable paddle, removable center fin, ankle leash, repair kit, user manual
Performance: Riders say that the SereneLife paddle board handles very well. Considering that it’s only 10ft long, it’s not the fastest one on the water. On the other hand, it is pretty stable which is a big plus for those of you who aren’t experienced in paddling a SUP.
However, many people say that stability gets worse if you overload the board. So, even though it has a 275lbs capacity, this board works better with lighter users. Because of this, be sure to size the SUP correctly before buying it.
Thanks to the system of three fins, this SUP tracks pretty well. This really helps with maneuvering the board and saves you some energy while paddling since you don’t struggle to keep it going straight. This being said, the included paddle is subpar according to many boarders. If you want a better ride, consider getting a higher-quality SUP paddle.
Design: This board is designed to be functional and easy to use. People say that the deck pad feels very nice under your feet (and hands if you decide to do some SUP fitness on it). The EVA pad doesn’t become slippery even after it gets wet from the splash, giving you an added sense of safety.
As we mentioned earlier, the nose of this board is rigged with bungee cords. Users say that this is more useful than you think since you can easily slip some gear in there or the tip of your paddle so it doesn’t slide into the water. The board looks quite nice too, especially the two models (aqua and black/gray) that have a different print on the deck.
Construction: Paddlers say that this is a well-made SUP. Sure, it’s not the toughest board out there, but it’s far from being weak. The PVC shell is very strong and won’t get punctured easily, while the dropstitch interior gives the board rigidity and makes it very firm on the water.
In addition, the side walls are reinforced to prevent any air leaks and weak points. The whole board has a UV resistant coating that prevents structural damage and color fading. However, it’s never a good idea to leave an inflatable SUP in direct sunlight, so avoid doing that. Also, if something happens and you need to fix the board, you get a repair kit which includes a valve wrench, patches, and a tube of glue.
Setup: Setting up this SUP isn’t difficult, and riders say that it takes from 5 to 8 minutes with the included pump. The SereneLife inflatable paddle board comes with a Halkey-Roberts valve, and the included pump has a dual action function. This means that it inflates the board in both strokes (up and down), and even has a pressure gauge on top. Of course, you can also buy an electric SUP pump if you don’t like inflating things manually.
When the board is inflated, you only need to attach the center fin on the bottom and connect the included ankle leash to the D-ring behind the valve. The instruction manual (included) can be very helpful if you encounter any problems along the way.
Portability: Like other inflatable boards, the SereneLife SUP is very compact and easy to take with you. Riders say that you can roll it pretty tight when deflated and that the included strap is very convenient. On top of this, it comes with a neat SUP board bag, making it easy to simply throw it in the trunk, or even check it on an airplane.
The board is equally easy to carry when inflated too. It’s incredibly lightweight and has a padded carry handle in the middle. The D-rings on the sides can be used for attaching a shoulder strap if you need it, but you have to buy it separately. On the other hand, grab handles on the nose and tail would be very useful for pulling the board in and out of the water, and we hope to see them on future models.
Related Review: Serene Life Sup
- Price: 100% – This is one of the most affordable SUP packages on the market. This is a huge advantage since it’s a painless way to get into paddleboarding and see whether its something you enjoy. We like that you get a paddle, a pump to inflate it, and a bag to carry it in, meaning you’re ready to go without spending any additional money on gear.
- Material: 85% – The body of this board is made of military grade PVC which is pretty strong and rigid, and has a reinforced interior. People are generally satisfied with the durability of this board, but you should avoid leaving it out.
- Design: 90% – The design is pretty basic but very functional. We like the positioning and size of the foam pad, and the bungee storage is very handy. In terms of looks, it’s a decent looking board with nice color patterns.
- Overall: 92% – All things considered, this is a good board for its purpose. It’s not top of the line, but it’s more than enough for an average user. And considering you get a full package, you can’t find a better deal for a budget-friendly price.
Globo Surf Overview
The SereneLife inflatable paddle board is one of the best options for people who want to give paddleboarding a try, and also for families who need to buy several boards. As you had the chance to see, this board puts an accent on enjoying the water rather than top-level performance. It’s probably the best one for this amount of money. If you count in all the SUP accessories you get, there are many things to like about it.
More Paddle Reviews:
- Kids Stand Up Paddle Board
- Gifts For Paddleboarders
- Tower Paddle Board
- Aqua Marina Paddle Board
- Jimmy Styks Paddle Board
- Ten Toes Weekender
- Paddle Board Fin Replacement
- Used Paddle Board
- Tower Adventurer
- Irocker Boards
- SereneLife Paddle Board, paddlelove.com