Surfing is one unique adventure. There is no feeling quite like the one you have when you are being lifted through the water by the energy of the ocean. If you are thinking about surfing, you have probably thought a lot about your board and equipment, but one thing you have probably not paid much attention to is the best surf travel bag.
For those who are into surfing, they know the importance of a good surfboard travel bag. It is quite helpful when you need to get your board from A to B, and a board bag will protect our board (especially on long distances). There are so many options in the market with most of them offering great foam protection, carrying handles, and outer protection from the heat and moisture, but finding the best surfboard bag for travel needs some consideration. Thus, to help you in selecting the best travel bag for your surfboard, we compared the required features in distinct options, compared them, and identified the 10 best surfboard travel bags In 2021.
How To Choose A Surfboard Travel Bag – Buying Guide
When you come to buy travel surf bags, you will likely be looking at features like the padding or the material and often zippers get a little consideration. One of the things which frustrate you in your surfing life is a broken or stuck zipper. Thankfully, best travel surfboard bags are manufactured with non-metallic zippers. A non-corrosive zipper makes sure your board is well-protected as well as the other items inside it. Therefore it is important to look for high-quality components before you purchase your bag.
If your bag does not fit your board, then it is useless. If you do not know the dimensions of your board, a quick few minutes with a measuring tape gives you that information. Make sure to check the length and width of your board, and if the fit is tight, take thickness into consideration, as well.
Protection is the most important feature of a top-rated surfboard bag travel. A bag with less padding offers less protection. Generally, the more padding you have (the thicker it is), the more protection the bag offers. If you are worried about your board, you should opt for a bag with more padding, but be warned, not all padding is created equally. Consider paying for a thick one, and always try to choose high-quality materials first.
Set up for fins
If you have fins on your board, then it is better to choose a travel surfboard bag that can accommodate those fins. This might mean purchasing a slightly bigger bag than your board needs. You can also find a bag that has space for a fin to poke through. If you have removable fins, then a bag with extra pockets will be beneficial.
Q: How to put a surfboard in your travel bag?
When you are packing your surfboard (or surfboards) into your board bag, you should follow these tips to make sure it is transported correctly:
- Some surfing travel bags unzip completely while others unzip at one end. If the bag unzips completely, then make sure to put the board in with the correct orientation. If you are sliding the board in from one end, make sure you have the orientation correct.
- If the board has a space for a fin, place the board in the board bag with a focus on where the fin is going.
- If there are pockets for fins, then remove the fin and place in the pocket.
- If there is no space for a fin, then remove the fin and wrap in bubble wrap or foam. Place the wrapped fin in the surfboard bags for travel with the board.
- For extra protection, wrap the rails in foam before placing them in the surf bags travel.
- Use internal and external storage for any of your accessories, but if your bag does not come with extra pockets, do not pack the bag with all of your stuff. The bags are designed for boards only unless they specify otherwise.
- For more than one board, place a barrier between the two boards (or three boards) if there is not one already. You can use bubble wrap, foam padding, or even a towel.
- Stack multiple boards with the longest on the bottom.
- Use the internal stripes whenever there are any.
Globo Surf Overview
Surfing is an exhilarating experience, especially as the waves begin to grow. Ever since the dawn of time, we have been fascinated by the ocean and the ways it can conquer its surroundings. Surfing is one of those ways. Riding a wave until it fizzles out, will have you feeling like you can conquer anything. A good travel surf bag protects your board so that you can conquer the ocean over and over again. The surf travel bags on this list have been specially selected to ensure that your board gets the best protection possible. Choose wisely and never worry about damaging your board again.
More Surf Reviews:
- Gifts For Surfers
- Surfing Wetsuit
- Surfboard Car Rack
- Balance Board For Surfing
- Best Surf Hair Products
- Sup For Surfing
- Surfboard Traction Pad
- Bodyboard Leash
- Windsurfing Wetsuit
- Windsurfing Boards
Have you traveled with a surfboard before? Let us know your experience in the comment section below.