Driftsun Voyager Inflatable Kayak
- What Makes This Inflatable Kayak Stand Out
- Design is elegant and appealing
- Strong and rigid
- It is best suitable for lakes, rivers, and white-water
- The seating area features a resonating cockpit enclosed on all flanks
- Small holes that letwater drain out.
- Can be doubled and put away into a suitcase or backpack
- Reasonably priced
Size: 10ft. x 35″ x 16.”
Weight: 27 lbs
Capacity: 450 lbs
Material: Reinforced PV
It feels great knowing that your Driftsun Inflatable Kayak comes with everything you need for that awesome paddling experience and that it checks all the boxes. Among other things, you’ll get 1 Voyager Kayak Hull, 2 Removable/Adjustable Aluminium paddles with ergonomic grips, one deluxe double action pump, a travel carry bag, and a removable tracking skeg. Check out everything that the Driftsun Inflatable Kayak has to offer here:
- 3 Chamber construction for increased rigidity and increased performance
- Adjustable EVA seats
- Boston valves for quick inflation/deflation
- Quick-release, removable skeg for easy setup and breakdown
- 450 pounds capacity to accommodate both riders and gear
- Two paddles for two tandem riders
- Paddle straps
- Splash guard
- Corrosion-resistant hardware
- Reinforced carry handles
- Lightweight construction – only 27 lbs
- High-pressure pump with pressure gauge
- Tough PVC Tarpaulin Bottom
- Color blue
COMPACT AND MANEUVERABLE
Weighing only 27 lbs, it’s easily handled by one person. Its lightweight design fits snugly into the included carry bag. And when deflated, it measures only 26″ (L) x 16″ (W) x 8″ (H).
The Driftsun Inflatable Kayak inflates fast to full size (10ft. x 35″ x 16″) in under 5 minutes with the included hand pump enabling you to move from the garage to trunk, and water in no time.
Protected from punctures by the PVC tarpaulin bottom, the Boston valves are leak-proof, and the coated oxford nylon fabric top is torn and rip-resistant.
Pointed nose entry and rocker profile deliver superior performance in both choppy and calm glasses of water. The removable deep fin enables responsive tracking, rear drain plug for smooth draining and cleaning. The high-quality seats offer high-back comfort and support for hours of smooth cruising.
Inflated dimensions: 10ft. x 35” x 16.”
Kayak weight: 27 lbs
Deflated Dimensions: 26” x 16” x 8”
Recommended weight limit: 450 lbs
Length: 10 ft (304.8cm)
Width: 35 in (88.9cm)
Depth: 16 in (40.6cm)
Maximum Capacity: 450 lbs (204.1kg)
Side pressure: 2 psi (0.13 bar)
Floor pressure two psi (0.13 bar)
Material: 840D Coated nylon oxford fabric
Warranty: 3-year warranty
The Voyager Kayak is the best two-person inflatable deal you’re likely to get in the market today because of its quick setup process and compact design. The ability to inflate less than five minutes is a massive plus for you and your companion as it gets you both into the water faster than other kayaks. Its rocker profile enables it to weather harsh water conditions and its pointed nose entry pierces the water like a small ballistic missile launched by an underwater submarine. This Driftsun Inflatable Kayak comes with all the necessary accessories to make your kayaking experience smooth, including padded seats, tracking fin, paddles, and a pump.
The Voyager Kayak’s compact design means you may have to sacrifice some storage space, especially when both of you are on board. This can be a hassle if you’re looking to use it for prolonged periods, but thankfully there is enough webbing both at the front and back for additional storage. The pump included is not as powerful as other pumps, and it might get dysfunctional after a couple of months.
The Driftsun Inflatable Kayak is made of very tough 840D coated nylon oxford fabrics that are also fairly thick. To the touch, most kayaks feel rough to the skin, but the Driftsun is smooth to the touch. You will find a hard time finding out an aspect that you’ll not like about Voyager Kayak’s construction. You may find one or two negative features, but the myriad aesthetics will easily dwarf any negativity that the Driftsun comes with.
A lack of features would be more accurate. The Driftsun Inflatable Kayak’s construction is excellent, although it lacks pockets and hatches to carry anything on. These days certain accessories like mobile phones, cigarettes, and sandwiches need to be kept dry. And many kayakers want to bring them along.
On the brighter side, however, the construction is awe-inspiring. The durable coated nylon fabric is almost indestructible. The floor is thick while the walls measure 4 inches and each has its valve. The Kayak can get inflated to a much higher pressure than the stated psi. And it comes with a 3-year warranty.
Another beauty of owning the Voyager Kayak is the speed at which you can set it up. It can be inflated at less than five minutes to an impressive side and floor pressure of 2 psi. The valves are very efficient, and as mentioned, the Kayak comes with a hand pump made of aluminum, which has a gauge on top to control and measures the psi. Even though it gives good exercise, some people want to avoid any manual labor, so the manufacturer was wise enough to make an electric pump.
The voyager kayak also comes with a neat repair kit with the purchase. The standard includes a 9 x 43/4 repair patch, a valve wrench, and a tube of waterproof glue. These items are must-haves for your kayak care and repair, and users have mentioned that it’s a big plus that these items are inclusive of the sale.
Once you’ve prepared for your kayaking adventure, and as soon as you venture into the water, you’ll notice one thing. It doesn’t require too much effort to maneuver you in the right direction. You’ll like the paddle seats a lot as well. First, because they’re adjustable and not inflatable.
Usually, the usual seats these kayaks arrive with are very uncomfortable. During hot weather, they tend to absorb too much heat, get hot and cause blisters, and if you sit on them for too long, as you’re likely to during the coming summer months, it can get exceedingly uncomfortable and tiresome.
But not the seats on the Driftsun Inflatable Kayak. The Driftsun’s seats are posh and comfortable. You can even remove the rear seat if you want to paddle solo. And you can also adjust the seat to have more legroom and also balance the Kayak better.
We also like the fact that the Voyager Kayak isn’t overselling you things you don’t even need. Everything it comes with has some use and purpose. Not having extra features that you don’t need makes it even easier for you to deflate and carry it anywhere you wish.
Having the chance to carry the Voyager Kayak along is a significant relief to many kayakers. And it’s also the chief reason they opt for inflatable kayaks. The Driftsun Inflatable Kayak is very compact and easy to carry when packed, so it hardly puts a strain on the kayaker. It is the best choice for all kayakers who can’t lift a hard-shell kayak, or lack enough space at home to store it.
You might also like: Airhead Montana Kayak Review
The backpack is sturdy and comfortable too. It has a convenient drawstring closure and padded straps. It also has drain holes at the bottom to enable excess water to drain out. But ensure that the Kayak is completely dry before storing it away for prolonged periods. So ensure to dry it thoroughly.
- It is fast to inflate
- It is compact and lightweight
- Designs suits high performance in all water conditions
- Well priced
- Little storage space
- Not enough space for two riders
- The pump is not as sturdy as others
- Price: 90% – Great deal for such a high-quality Kayak. Although it is a bit pricier than some of its peers, it compensates when it comes to reliability and performance.
- Material: 100% – This is where the voyager kayak stands out. The 840D Coated nylon oxford fabric makes a huge difference because it gives the Voyager strength and rigidity.
- Design: 95% – The Voyager’s generosity when it comes to space is convenient, with a spacious cockpit and adjustable seats. It demonstrates impressive dexterity and stability as it glides on water.
- Overall: 95%. There are many superlatives we can use to describe the Voyager Kayak. It is stable, easy to carry, inflate, deflate, and offers a great kayaking experience. And it comes with all the necessary gear. So because of all the above, we highly recommend the Driftsun Voyager Inflatable Kayak.
Globo Surf Overview
Ordinarily, whenever we review boats and other motorized crafts that are used on water, we tend to put some scary warnings, but this Kayak might be an exception. Of course, be sure to check that all the features are in the box before you buy and again when they deliver it to your home. Ensure to follow the general guidelines when testing it out and also buy from a certified seller. Otherwise, have a great kayaking experience.
Single Products Inflatable Reviews:
- Sevylor Fiji Tandem Kayak Review
- Sevylor Quikpak K5 Kayak Review
- Sevylor Big Basin 3-Person Kayak Review
- Sea Eagle SE 370 Inflatable Kayak Review
- Intex Explorer K2 Kayak Review
- Sea Eagle SE370 Inflatable Kayak Review
- Advanced Elements StraitEdge Angler Kayak Review
- Advanced Elements AE1012-R Kayak Review
- Intex Challenger K1 Kayak Review