Designed to help you avoid fishing blindly – that is, without knowing where your next target is – Humminbird Ice 35 carries ultra-modern features. While maintaining ease of use, Ice 35 Hummingbird makes fish finding simple with the following features:
- A dual-beam sonar lets you choose from a wide beam for generous area coverage and a narrow beam for great detail.
- A 3-color fiber-optic flasher displays fish, your lure, and the waterbody’s bottom in real-time.
- 2X dynamic zoom allows magnification of a specific depth range.
- With its adjustable depth ranges, Ice 35 Hummingbird allows fishing up to 200 feet.
- Easy to use buttons and dials allow you to regulate the fishfinder.
- 2.5-inch target separation allows you to differentiate fish and underwater structures.
- 100-watt RMS and 1800-watt peak to peak transducer.
- Withstanding extremely cold temperatures, Ice 35 makes ice fishing much easier.
- Adjustable gain allows you to dial in the device’s sensitivity to match your fishing scenario.
Width: 12.3 inches
Length: 13.5 inches
Weight: 2.6 pounds
Transducer: 100W RMS and 1800W peak to peak power output
Transducer mount location: Portable
Depth: 200 feet
Power input: 10.8 – 20 VDC
Power draw: 210 mA
Noise rejection: 10 steps
Gain: 50 steps
Accessories: Charger, rechargeable battery, transducer
The sonar transducer on Humminbird Ice 35 features a 100 watts RMS and 1800 Watts peak to peak power output. Operating at a frequency of 455/240 kHz and allowing you to choose from 19-degree and 9-degree beams, ICE-35 delivers outstandingly detailed readings.
To get a closer look at the target fish, all you will need to do is use the Ice-35’s zoom feature. The zoom dial allows the angler to switch between 1x, 2x, 4x, and 10x – for 0 to 20 feet, 0 to 40 feet, 0 to 80 feet, and 0 to 200 feet, respectively – zoom.
The 2.5-inch target separation lets anglers spot even the smallest fish. Also, with one of the buttons, you can adjust the fish finder’s gain. Increasing the gain becomes handy when you need to get a closer look at the smaller targets.
With the noise button, Ice 35 lets you adjust the interference existing between your device and other fish finders. With a simple press and release of the button, you get to enjoy uninterrupted fishing.
One thing we did not like about Ice-35 performance is the fact that it is only operational up to a depth of 200 feet. This means that if you like to fish in deeper waters, the fish finder may not offer maximum benefits. However, for people who fish in rivers and lakes, this depth is ideal.
Display and Resolution
The 526-segment, three-color fiber-optic display helps anglers visualize the readings generated by the sonar transducer. While the screen on Ice-35 does not show a user interface, its display is detailed enough to allow you to distinguish between varying objects – including the bottom of the lake and the fish – pretty easily.
The flasher on Ice 35 uses three color indicators to help anglers differentiate between the target’s size. Red indicates the biggest targets, orange is for middle-sized targets, while green shows the smallest targets. The display is very straightforward and does not carry excessive details.
It is worth noting that the LCD screen on Ice 35 utilizes ultra-modern technology. Even when fishing in extremely cold temperatures, the screen won’t be affected – the display will still be clear and concise.
Ice 35 fits in a 5-gallon bucket. Anglers can transport and protect the ICE flasher without experiencing complications.
Weighing only 2.6 pounds, the device is very light. This means that heading out to your favorite ice fishing location with the device is not complicated. After a hard day casting your fishing hook, carrying your fishfinder home will be extremely easy.
Humminbird Ice 35 does not have a lot of options for controlling power usage. However, with its 12V, 7 Amp-Hours battery fully charged, the device can handle a whole day of fishing without running out of power.
If you fish for a few hours per day, the battery on Ice 35 will be able to handle multiple fishing trips without requiring you to top up the charge. By holding down the beam button, you should be able to view the charge remaining on the battery. Whenever you need to top up the battery, you can always use the charger that comes with the device.
Ease of Use
In addition to being very convenient, Ice 35 is pretty easy to use. Its buttons and dials are well arranged and perfectly labeled. All you have to do to achieve a specific goal is to use the right button. For example, using the zoom dial, you will be able to zoom in to your depth range and get a better view of the targets available.
The display on Ice-35 shows concise details – you won’t have to sort through excessive details to get what you need. The device shows you the position of your lure and the location of the fish you are targeting, making your work much easier.
You can use the fish finder on a fishing vessel or just on its own. For example, when ice fishing, you can set the fish finder on an overturned bucket, drop its transducer in the ice hole, drop your ice jig in your chosen location, and then just watch your flasher to place your bait in front of your target fish.
- Price: 95% – Ice 35 is reasonably priced. For a device that gives a detailed view up to a depth of 200 feet, allows you to get a closer look by zooming in, and allows you to control the interference and gain, you get value for your money.
- Construction: 95% – Ice 35 is built to handle the tough conditions that are often associated with ice fishing. It is also light to allow easy portability.
- Design: 98% – The device has an intuitive design. Anglers can access all the options via the clearly labeled dials and buttons.
- Overall: 96% – Just like its name suggests, Ice 35 Hummingbird is an ideal fish finder for anglers who like to go ice fishing. When it gets cold, you can count on the device to show you where the fishing is hot. The device, however, is also useful for other types of fishing. With its high-performing transducer, well-organized display, and impressive battery life, Ice 35 will help you achieve optimum productivity on water.
Globo Surf Overview
While numerous fish finders promise great results, only a few deliver. In a bid to make it easier for anglers to choose a device that does not disappoint, we decided to test Humminbird Ice 35.
Coming at a budget-friendly price, Ice 35 Hummingbird performs excellently on both ice and waters of up to a depth of 200 feet. Displaying concise details, the fish finder does an impressive job of helping anglers locate fish in all conditions.