The AA Aqua is a boat that offers the perfect balance between performance and ease of use. This makes it enjoyable for both beginners as well as people who have higher expectations from their RC boats. This is possible thanks to the smart features that Altair puts on these boats, allowing you to fully enjoy your day on the water. Take a quick look at what this powerful little boat has to offer:
- The anti-capsize hull allows you to right the boat if it flips upside down
- Powerful 390-size brushed motor for speed up to 18 miles per hour
- High-quality 2.4GHz controller for an operating range of over 300 feet
- Two rechargeable Lithium-Ion batteries for longer operating time
- Child Safe Propeller system prevents turning on the propeller outside of the water
- Trim functions allow you to correct boat precision
- High-quality boat construction with a waterproof battery chamber
Length: 17 inches
Weight: 1.25 pounds
Speed: 18mph (30km/h)
Range: 100m (330 feet)
Battery life: 20 minutes
Boat battery: 2 x 3.7V 1500mAh Li-Ion (included)
RC battery: 4 x AA batteries (not included)
Motor: 390-size brushed motor
Included accessories: Radio controller, rubber cap, boat stand, charging cable, user manual
Performance: Users are impressed with how this boat works on the water. In fact, most of them claim they were surprised with the speed that the AA Aqua can achieve. Thanks to its powerful motor, it can go up to 18mph on a flat water surface. The boat design includes water cooling for the motor, so it can maintain top-level performance without overheating (as long as it has battery power).
The rudder on the Aqua is positioned well which results in great responsiveness on the water. This allows you to make sharp turns and maneuver the boat easily. However, if you make a sharp turn at a higher speed and capsize the boat, you don’t have to worry.
The hull shape allows you to flip the boat back without having to swim and get it. You use the turning wheel to start rocking the boat and then flip it right side up. Users say that it’s not hard to do, but that you may need to try it a few times to get the hang of it.
To prevent any injuries, Altair has equipped this model with a Child Safe Propeller. This means that the propeller will only work when the sensors detect that the boat is in the water, preventing potential accidents while holding it in your hand. It also comes with a rubber bumper so it doesn’t get damaged if you hit something along the way.
Controls: Like with any remote-controlled device, you will need some time getting used to the controller. However, customers say that this one is designed well. It has a range of over 300 feet and works at a 2.4GHz frequency which prevents any interference from other controllers.
It comes with a turning wheel on the side and a throttle lever for your index finger. In addition to these main controls, it also has four trim functions. These are used to correct turning or to prevent boat movement when in neutral, making controls more precise. It’s advised that you read the instruction manual thoroughly and learn about all of the functions. Besides, Altair has a series of videos online that will help you understand how to best control your RC unit.
Finally, we want to mention the alarm in the controller, as users claim it is more than useful. It will sound when the boat is getting out of range, as well as when it’s running out of batteries. This way you’ll know when it’s time to turn it back so it doesn’t end up stranded on the water.
Batteries: The type and capacity of the batteries used plays a significant role with any RC device, and the AA Aqua is no exception. Luckily, Altair has put a lot of thought into this and equipped it with two Li-Ion batteries. Users say they perform really well and that the decision to put two batteries instead of one gives you a long time on the water compared to most other boats (up to 20 minutes). The batteries are rechargeable, and the charger is included in the package.
Installing the batteries is relatively easy. You need to remove the two lids to get to the battery compartment, and then connect the batteries to the wires inside. Customers claim that the chamber is fully waterproof, and you won’t find any leaks inside.
Still, some of them advise that you fully drain the boat after every use and to remove the batteries from their compartment since this will prolong battery life. The controller uses four standard AA batteries (same as many drone controllers) and they last for a pretty long time.
You might also like: Perfect AA Flashlights
- Price: 85% – The AA Aqua falls somewhere in the middle when it comes to price. Considering the performance you get from this boat, as well as its overall quality, it’s definitely worth investing in it. While buying a cheaper RC boat may seem tempting, a better boat like the Aqua will be more reliable and won’t give you headaches in the long run.
- Performance: 95% – The versatility of this boat allows you to use it for boat racing as well as laid-back cruising on the water. While it’s not the fastest boat you’ll come across, the ease of turning and general responsiveness make it quite a good racer. Also, the battery life is longer than on most boats, so you get more fun before you need to recharge.
- Design: 100% – We like the smart design of this boat because it makes it very user-friendly. The main design feature is certainly the anti-capsize hull. Furthermore, the shape allows it to cut easily through the water, while the color choice makes the boat look really cool.
- Overall: 93% – We were impressed with how this RC boat handles on the water. It has a great runtime and the speed is really exciting. We can recommend it to anyone who needs a high-quality RC boat, and it will be especially enjoyable for beginners.
Globo Surf Overview
The Altair AA Aqua is a great way to have some fun during the summer. It comes with plenty of smart functions that make using the boat easy, most notably the anti-capsize hull we mentioned a few times in the text. The controller has an intuitive design and, with a little practice, it is really easy to maneuver the boat. An RC boat like this can also be a fantastic beach toy, making it an excellent gift for people going on a vacation (yourself included). If you’re into RC toys and boats, we promise this one won’t disappoint you.
Single Watergear Products Reviews:
- Crave PLUS Pro Portable Charger
- Crave PLUS Portable Charger
- Letsfit Bluetooth 5.0 Headphones
- How Does A Selfie Stick Work – Make Sure You Get The Most
- How To Make A Selfie Stick – DIY Selfie Stick