You can be sure that the Nylon cooler from Polar Bear comes equipped with everything you would expect from a top-level soft cooler. It’s made really well, has excellent insulation, and the design makes it incredibly convenient to carry. The wide zipper gives you easy access to the interior, and the included ice packs keep everything cool. Take a quick look at everything it has to offer:
- Extra-strong 1000D nylon outer shell guarantees durability
- FDA approved anti-microbial liner is completely safe for food and beverages
- Thick high-density insulation keeps ice frozen for 24 hours
- High-quality YKK zippers and buckles
- Mesh and zippered pockets on the front for smaller items
- Side pockets for water bottles
- Carry handle on top for quick transportation
- Padded back panel and adjustable shoulder straps
- Includes Cool Coolers 4-pack ice packs as a gift
Height: 18 inches
Length: 7 inches
Width: 12 inches
Weight: 5 pounds
Exterior: Nylon 1000D
Insulation: High-density foam
Lining: TPU double-coated nylon
Capacity: 18 x 12oz cans + 10 pounds of ice
Ice Life: 24 hours at 100°F
Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty
Colors: Black, Burnt Orange, Breakup Camo
Materials and Construction: Most people who bought it agree that it has exceeded their expectations, which says a lot about the quality of this backpack cooler. The 1000D nylon shell really holds its own regardless of whether you put the cooler on the ground, sand, or any other surface. People also say that the effect of the anti-UV coating is really visible, as the cooler warms up much slower than expected (when exposed to direct sun).
As for the TPU lining, it’s truly waterproof, and no one has reported any leaks. As we mentioned earlier, it’s tested and FDA-approved, so you don’t have to worry about any harmful chemicals and their effects on the contents. Besides, it’s really easy to clean too. The inner surface can be wiped down with a cloth, and it doesn’t retain any odors when dry which is a big plus.
Capacity and Performance: This is a medium-sized cooler and you can pack a maximum of 18 cans inside. Of course, there is extra space inside for up 10 pounds of ice to keep your drinks cold. Users agree that this is more than enough for a family camping trip or a day at the beach, but if you have a larger group you might need more than one.
When it comes to high-density foam insulation, many people say that it well exceeds the specified 24 hours if you keep the cooler in a shade and do not open it often. The manufacturer specifies that it keeps ice frozen for a day at 100-degree heat, so it makes sense that it can last longer in conditions that are not as warm.
It’s advisable to always buckle down the top when you close the cooler because the extra air inside will speed up the melting process. Also, it helps the ice life if the cans and bottles you put inside are already cold. The Cool Coolers packs included with the purchase are a great addition, as they will help keep cold longer than regular ice (and won’t melt). If these are not enough, you can always get additional ice packs for coolers.
When talking capacity, we shouldn’t overlook the well-placed pockets on the outside. The front has a mesh pocket on top and a proper zippered pocket on the bottom. Since the cooler doesn’t leak, it’s perfectly safe to stash any smaller items you have, like keys, money, wallet, or devices. As we mentioned earlier, there are also a couple of open pockets on the sides, which are great for bottles or stashing beer koozies.
Portability: The best thing about this cooler is how portable it is – you throw it on your back and go. With a weight comparable to any other small cooler, you can be sure it won’t put a large strain on your back. The lower part of the back panel is padded with 2-inch foam, so it sits comfortably against your back and you don’t feel the cooler contents poking you. The shoulder straps are also padded, and users say they are really easy to adjust to any length.
There is also an alternative way of carrying it, thanks to the carry handles placed on top. These are convenient when you want to move the cooler over short distances. Considering how much space it offers inside, the Nylon cooler is incredibly easy to carry. All this makes it excellent for travel, no matter where you’re going.
Durability: Users had only nice things to say when talking about the durability of this backpack. The nylon shell is truly tear-resistant and doesn’t get damaged even after several years of use. Also, Polar Bear equips its coolers with sturdy YKK zippers and buckles. It’s because of this level of quality that Polar Bear has received a loyal base of customers over the years. Furthermore, you get a limited lifetime warranty on manufacturing defects, so, even if something goes wrong, you can be sure they will fix it.
You might also like: Perfect Backpack H2O Cooler
- Price: 90% – While it’s not the cheapest cooler you’ll come across, the quality of the Nylon cooler absolutely justifies the price. You get a long-lasting product with features that can easily be compared to more expensive YETI coolers, while you still get to save some money along the way.
- Material: 95% – The materials used for this backpack cooler are top-level. As you know, the shell makes it tear-resistant, while the lining prevents any leaks. However, unlike the Polar Bear H2O backpack, this one isn’t fully waterproof so you shouldn’t dip it in water.
- Design: 100% – What more could you expect from a backpack cooler? It’s spacious inside, offers great insulation, and comes with great padding and adjustability. It sits comfortably on your back even when fully loaded, which is a big step up compared to carrying a cooler in your hand.
- Overall: 95% – We were really impressed with this model. The manufacturer tried their best to make the product as functional as possible, and we think they succeeded. You get an efficient and easily portable cooler that you can count on to last for many years.
Globo Surf Overview
All things considered, this is probably the most convenient cooler you’ll be able to find. As we discussed in the text, the Polar Bear Nylon Cooler is tough, leak-proof, and keeps your drinks ice-cold for a really long time. This versatility allows you to even use it as a beach picnic.
For a very reasonable price, you get a reliable cooler as well as a 4-pack of ice packs as a gift. We also want to add that the customer service at Polar Bear is really friendly, and with the lifetime warranty you get on this cooler, you really have nothing to worry about.
Single Watergear Products Reviews:
- Flip & Tumble Backpack
- Versatile Toxic-Chemical Free Leather Bag | Zwuits®
- Polar Bear Nylon Backpack Cooler