So you are trying to grow your hair but you feel like it’s taking ages to get it to your desired length? Well, maybe it’s time you ditched your usual hair products and tried something new – aloe vera hair mask!
Aloe vera itself contains a host of minerals and nutrients that help speed up hair growth. It also helps restore dry and damaged hair.
When combined with other ingredients that have similar benefits to the hair, aloe vera can do wonders for your hair and scalp. In this post, we are going to show you how to mix aloe vera with simple ingredients from your kitchen to form an incredible mask for your hair. Ready?
How Your Hair Benefits From Aloe Vera
Aloe vera plant benefits your hair in so many ways and that’s why its extract is used in almost all hair care products today. Here is what it does to your hair:
- Aloe vera is rich in enzymes that repair, heal, and regenerate damaged cells in the scalp, which helps improve follicle health.
- The proteolytic ingredients present in aloe vera gel stimulate the growth of dormant hair follicles, promoting hair regrowth.
- Aloe vera has been found to control hair breakage and minimize hair loss too, which ensures you have voluminous, thick hair.
- The gel extracted from aloe vera has incredible anti-inflammatory effects that soothe the scalp and reduce irritation.
- Aloe vera treats dandruff and prevents flaking, all thanks to its incredible antiviral and antifungal properties.
- The proteins, minerals, and vitamins present in aloe vera have also been observed to nourish hair follicles and boost hair growth.
- The high moisture content in aloe vera will help condition your hair, lock nutrients in, and keep the hair hydrated.
Now that you know aloe vera is good for your hair, let’s see some of the ingredients you can combine with it to make a mask and benefit your hair even more.
5 Easy DIY Aloe Vera Hair Masks That Work Like Magic
1. Yogurt And Aloe Vera Hair Mask
Looking for shiny, dandruff-free hair? Try this mask. Yogurt is known to contain probiotics that help with dandruff. Using aloe vera for hair this way will give you sleek, healthy hair.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel and 1 tablespoon of full fat, plain, unsweetened yogurt with 2 tablespoons of honey. Stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Rinse your hair with warm water and massage the mask into the hair and scalp.
- Leave the mask for 15 to 20 minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat once a week
2. Castor Oil And Aloe Vera Hair Mask
Castor oil is an excellent moisturizer and conditioner. If you have dry, damaged hair, this is the mask to go for. It will restore your hair, strengthen its roots, and keep it moisturized.
- Put 1 cup of aloe vera gel and 2 tablespoons of castor oil in a bowl. Blend them to form a smooth mask.
- Rinse your hair with lukewarm water to remove oil and dirt and then apply the mask from the roots up to the hair ends.
- Grab a shower cap, cover your hair, and let the mask stay overnight.
- Rinse off in the morning with a mild shampoo and warm water.
- Repeat once a week.
3. Pawpaw Pulp And Aloe Vera Hair Mask
Another excellent way to use aloe vera for hair is by combining it with pawpaw. Pawpaw has an abundance of vitamins and minerals, and using it together with aloe vera gives your hair a vitamin boost that enables it to produce healthy sebum. This also prevents the hair from breaking off or drying out.
- Combine 3 teaspoons of aloe gel with 4 tablespoons of ripe pawpaw pulp. Stir until you obtain a smooth paste.
- Wash your hair and scalp and apply the mixture from the roots to the ends of your hair.
- Wear a shower cap and let the mask stay for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water and a mild shampoo.
- Repeat once a week.
4. Honey, Coconut Oil, And Aloe Vera Hair Mask
Any hair mask containing aloe vera will pamper your hair with the vital nutrients it needs. Throwing in coconut and honey will double the nourishment, leaving your hair even healthier.
Coconut is a great moisturizer and has amazing antiseptic properties that help prevent hair loss. It also makes your hair thicker. Honey is a natural moisturizer and conditioner, while aloe provides all the good minerals and vitamins.
- Put 2 tablespoons of honey, two tablespoons of coconut oil, and 3 tablespoons of aloe gel in a clean bowl and mix well to obtain a semi-solid mask.
- Wash your hair with warm water and apply the mask to the scalp and hair.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap and leave it for about one hour. Then rinse off with warm water.
- Repeat once a week and you will give your hair the deep conditioning it deserves.
5. Green Tea, Vitamin E, And Aloe Vera Hair Mask
Every hair loves green tea. It is jam-packed with antioxidants that help minimize hair damage and improve the overall health of the hair and scalp. It also soothes the scalp and treats dandruff. Vitamin E is an antioxidant too and will prevent hair and scalp damage. It also stretches the time between trims.
- Put 1 teaspoon of vitamin E oil, a ½ cup of aloe gel and a ½ cup of green tea in a blender. Blend the ingredients until there are no lumps.
- Clean your hair with lukewarm water and massage the mixture into your scalp. Then apply from the roots to the ends of your hair.
- Let it sit for about 15 minutes and then wash it off with warm water.
- Repeat once a week.
Q: What Can I Mix With Aloe Vera For My Hair?
Many ingredients can be combined with aloe vera for hair growth, hair moisturizing, dandruff control, and hair loss prevention. Among the most commonly used include yogurt, castor oil, green tea, pawpaw, and coconut oil.
Q: How Often Should You Put Aloe Vera In Your Hair?
Well, this will depend on how you use it. If you use yours as shampoo or conditioner, then how often it comes into contact with your hair will depend on how often you shampoo or condition the hair; 2 to 3 times a week should be okay. For aloe vera hair masks, experts recommend using at least once a week.
Q: Can Aloe Vera Be Left In Hair?
You can leave aloe vera in hair for as long as you like without experiencing any side effects. You can leave it for a few minutes, hours, or even overnight. However, if you are making a mask, you need to make sure that the ingredients you add to your aloe extract are something that can be left in hair without damaging it.
Q: Can I Apply Aloe Vera Overnight On Hair?
You can apply aloe vera on hair overnight especially if you are looking to treat dry, damaged hair. This will give the nutrients in aloe vera enough time to seep through the hair and the scalp and work their magic.
Q: Does Aloe Vera Grow Hair Fast?
Aloe vera helps hair grow faster. It contains proteolytic enzymes that not only heal and repair damaged scalp cells but also improve the health of hair follicles. These enzymes stimulate the growth of new hair follicles too. Using aloe vera as required will, therefore, boost hair growth.
Q: Does Aloe Vera Make Hair Thick?
Yes, in addition to growth stimulation, aloe vera is a great hair thickening agent too. Mix it with coconut oil, which is also known to enhance hair volume, and you will be mesmerized by the results. Use the mask once a week and you will have thicker hair, faster.
Q: Can I Use Aloe Vera On My Hair Every Day?
Aloe vera should not be used on hair daily because this technically means you will have to wash your hair every day. While keeping your hair clean ensures it’s fresh at all times, it could dry out the natural oils produced by the scalp, leaving your hair dry and prone to breakage. Dry scalp is also vulnerable to dandruff and other skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
Q: Does Aloe Vera Soften Hair?
Aloe vera deep cleanses your scalp and hair follicles, getting rid of extra sebum and residue and remains of other hair care products. Stripping this mess off your hair leaves it looking healthier, smoother, and softer.
Q: How Do I Use Raw Aloe Vera On My Hair?
To use raw aloe vera for hair, simply cut open a fresh leaf from an aloe plant, scoop the gel out, and catch it in a clean bowl. Wash your hair with a mild shampoo and then apply the aloe vera gel to the hair from the roots to the hair ends. Leave for about 20 minutes and then rinse off with lukewarm water. Easy peasy!
Q: How Long Can You Leave Aloe On Your Hair?
How long you leave aloe vera on your hair depends on what you hope to achieve. If you are looking to obtain shiny, thick, and soft hair, 20 to 30 minutes will do. To fix damaged hair or treat dandruff and other scalp conditions, it would be best to leave aloe vera on hair overnight.
Globo Surf Overview
An aloe vera hair mask is one of the most effective ways to obtain healthy, thicker, and longer hair. It also helps control dandruff, prevent hair loss and fix myriad scalp conditions.
Mixing aloe with the ingredients we have listed above will enhance its ability to give you healthy hair. Just make sure you are doing the reapplication as instructed to avoid drying out your hair and scalp.
More Aloe Vera Post:
- How To Make Aloe Vera Gel
- Benefits Of Aloe Vera On Face Overnight
- Aloe Vera Seeds
- Can You Eat Aloe Vera
- Aloe Vera For Eczema
- Aloe Vera For Acne Scars
- Aloe Vera For Skin Whitening
- Aloe Vera Benefits For Men
- Aloe Vera For Dandruff
- Aloe Vera For Psoriasis
- How To Use Aloe Vera On Your Hair, wikihow.com