When buying a new SUP (or anything else), wanting the one with the most features is perfectly normal. Luckily, this Aqua Marina paddleboard has got you covered in that department. It has plenty of features to give you a high level of comfort as well as excellent functionality. It even comes with plenty of accessories that make using this inflatable paddle board easy and safe. Take a look at what makes it stand out in the crowd:
- Honeycomb pattern EVA deck pad for comfort and a firm grip
- Bungee-corded storage in the front for a dry bag or other accessories
- Removable center fin for better tracking and customizable performance
- The rubber handle in the middle makes carrying the inflated board easy
- Two additional D-rings in the back
- Full deck print gives the board a fantastic look
- The three-piece aluminum SUP paddle is adjustable and easy to use
- The double-action pump is efficient and inflates the board quickly
- The ankle leash is strong and has a comfortable cuff
- A travel backpack is well-made and very convenient to use
Length: 10 feet 4 inches
Width: 30 inches
Thickness: 6 inches
Weight: 18.5 pounds
Capacity: 286 pounds
Inflates to: 15PSI
Material: Single-layer PVC with a drop-stitch core
Warranty: 1-year warranty
Included accessories: Double action hand pump, travel backpack (Magic model), Sports III SUP paddle, safety leash, slide-in center fin, repair kit (valve wrench, glue, PVC patches), user manual
Optional accessories (sold separately): Valve adaptor, paddle holder, Wings SUP training wheelset, inflatable roof rack, 12V iSUP electric pump
Performance: Riders are generally satisfied with what this board gives you in terms of performance. The Aqua Marina Fusion offers a stable ride even if you come across some waves. Besides, this board is good in terms of speed too – it’s not a race board, but it’s not annoyingly slow either. This versatility allows you to use it for any activity ranging from touring the lake to exercising on the water and doing SUP fitness.
People also like that it comes with a removable fin, which significantly helps with tracking and makes paddling more efficient. While on the topic of paddling, the paddle that comes in the package works really well. However, it is made of aluminum which can make your arms tired after a while, so you can consider getting a lighter carbon paddle.
Design: People have plenty of positive things to say about the design of this board. The storage area is a nice addition, and many riders use it for keeping lunch coolers with food and beverage. The D-rings which hold the bungee cords can also be used for securing other equipment you take with you. Additionally, there are two D-rings in the back, which are useful for attaching a shoulder strap to help you carry the inflated board.
Construction: This board feels really good when riding it. Even though it’s not as firm in comparison to a hard SUP, it comes pretty close, so you don’t get a wobbly feeling while standing on it. This has much to do with the drop stitch core we mentioned earlier.
This also features a 1000 Denier center stringer which improves rigidity and prevents flexing under the weight. Of course, the outer layer is made out of tough PVC, and paddlers say that it withstands everyday use without any trouble.
Setup: You shouldn’t expect any difficulties when setting up this pump. People say that inflating and deflating is done in minutes, and the included double action pump really helps. It has a gauge on top to visually control the pressure inside the board, and the fact that the pump is dual action means that it injects air in both strokes (up and down), saving you some effort along the way.
Of course, for those of you who don’t like inflating the board manually, you can always get an electric pump, and one is even available from the same manufacturer. The only thing that needs setting up after inflation is the fin, and it’s really simple to slide it in and lock it in position.
You might also like: Isle Airtech 10’ Inflatable SUP
Portability: One of the nice things about the Fusion is that it comes in a board bag, unlike many other SUPs in this price range. The included bag is Aqua Marina’s Magic backpack model, which is very convenient since it opens wide and it’s easy to pack your board.
There are also two additional backpack models available (with wheels and padding), but these are sold separately. When packed in the backpack, this board is really compact. It won’t take much space in the trunk of your car, and you won’t have any problems finding room for it when storing the board at home.
- Price: 100% – We really like that the Aqua Marina paddleboard is affordable even to those who are shopping on a budget. On top of this, you get plenty of necessary SUP accessories in the package (pump, leash, paddle, etc.), giving you everything you need to start paddling without having to spend more money on equipment.
- Material: 85% – This tough board is made of PVC and has a drop-stitch core, giving it admirable strength. This being said, it’s not the toughest board on the market, and we think that an additional layer of PVC would raise durability to a higher level.
- Design: 90% – In terms of design, there are many things we like, but there is also some room for improvement. We like how this board handles all conditions, and that you don’t have difficulties controlling them. We also think that the deck is comfy and the storage is convenient. On the other hand, it could use handles in the front and back to make pulling it in and out of the water easier.
- Overall: 92% – The fact that they’ve managed to offer a rich package at such an affordable price is impressive. You’re getting a board with everything needed for a good time, and you can count on it to last. As for the visual appeal, not many other boards can compete with it.
Globo Surf Overview
As you had the chance to see, the Aqua Marina Fusion is a well-rounded board. It’s not top of the line, but it’s more than decent in terms of both performance and features. And what’s even more important, it offers you a level of quality that isn’t common in boards within this price range, which is a huge plus. So, if you’re looking for a lightweight and fun board to take anywhere, be sure to consider this one.
Single Products paddle Board Reviews: