It feels nice knowing that your kayak comes with everything you need for a relaxing day, and the Sea Eagle inflatable kayak checks all the boxes. Among other things, you’ll get an adjustable seat, a footrest, spray skirts on both ends, as well as carry handles. Of course, this is a full package, meaning it includes plenty of accessories too – a fiberglass paddle, a pump, and a travel backpack, so you’re ready to go right away. Take a look at everything the Razorlite 393rl has to offer:
- Drop Stitch construction technology increases rigidity and improves performance
- Six D-rings in the cockpit for attaching the seat and the footrest
- The seat is padded and adjustable for increased comfort
- Spray skirts on the bow and stern to keep out splash
- Handles on both ends for easy carrying once inflated
- Three Halkey-Roberts valves for quick inflation
- Removable skeg significantly improves tracking
- Plastic molds on the bow and stern for cutting through the water
Length: 12 feet 10 inches
Width: 28 inches
Weight: 35 pounds
Capacity: 500 pounds
Interior (cockpit) size: 12ft 2in x 17in
Packed size: 22in x 22in x 12in
Material: Reinforced PVC, Drop Stitch technology, 1000 Denier
Inflating time: 7 minutes
Warranty: 3-year warranty
Included accessories: Travel backpack, adjustable seat, removable footrest, fiberglass paddle, hand pump, repair kit
Performance: Kayakers say that this one behaves great on the water, and there are several reasons for that. It has a double concave hull which allows it to glide more efficiently and even provides it with some lift that reduces drag. Besides, it cuts through the water thanks to the plastic molds added to the bow and stern.
This kayak also features a great length to width ratio, at least in terms of speed. It’s long and narrow, making it very fast, with speeds up to 6mph. It even includes a skeg to help with tracking. However, this narrow body has a downside too, since it comes with decreased stability as a side effect.
Even though it has chines at the waterline, some users still say that it feels tippy. This is why we would not recommend it to complete beginners, but rather to intermediate or advanced-level kayakers.
Finally, the performance would not be as good without an efficient kayak paddle. This package comes with a fiberglass AB40 paddle which is lightweight and very comfortable to use. As a bonus, it can be disassembled into 4 pieces, making it really easy to pack for traveling. You should know that you can also get a package with an even lighter carbon paddle.
Construction: It’s really impressive how tough the Sea Eagle Razorlite is. The reinforced PVC body has overlapped seams making it almost indestructible. The floor is 3 inches thick, while the walls measure 4 inches, and each has its own valve.
Thousands of strong threads interconnect with each other, allowing you to inflate the kayak to a much higher pressure. As we said, it’s so well made that it can easily be compared to a hardshell kayak. Additionally, it comes with a 3-year warranty, although users say you probably won’t need it.
Setup: One of the perks of owning this kayak is certainly the speed at which you can set it up. It fully inflates in around 7 minutes, to an impressive 10PSI. It’s equipped with three Halkey-Roberts valves which are very efficient. As mentioned, you receive a great hand pump made of aluminum, which has a gauge on top to easily control and adjust the pressure. Even though it works really well, some people want to avoid any type of manual labor so an electric pump can be a great choice too.
Furthermore, you’ll also receive a neat repair kit with the purchase. It comes with a 9 x 4¾ repair patch, a tube of waterproof glue, and a valve wrench. These are needed for kayak care and repair, and users say that not having to buy this kit separately is a big bonus.
Comfort: Paddlers really enjoy spending time in this kayak, and say it feels cozy throughout the day. The kayak seat is easy to install by attaching it to the D-rings on the walls, and the straps allow you to adjust the position. It’s made of molded foam and has a 19-inch backrest for improved back support.
On the backside of your seat, you’ll find a zippered storage pouch which is very handy for keeping small gear. The Sea Eagle Razorlite 393rl also comes with a footrest, which is easy to install just by attaching it to the D-rings on the sides, much like the seat.
We also want to discuss the storage in this kayak. While the capacity is excellent, there are no organized storage areas. This is why you need to store your gear behind the seat and find a way to tie it down so it doesn’t move around. This being said, there is more than enough room for a dry bag or a kayak cooler there. You can even fit a sleeping bag if going on a longer adventure.
Portability: Convenient transportation is probably the main reason people choose inflatable kayaks in the first place. The Sea Eagle inflatable kayak is very compact and light when packed, so it won’t put a strain on any kayaker. It’s the best choice for all of you who can’t lift a hardshell kayak, or don’t have the space to store it at home.
The travel backpack is strong, and many users claim that it’s comfy too. It has padded straps, a convenient drawstring closure, and drain holes in the bottom so the excess water can drain out. However, keep in mind that the kayak needs to be completely dry before storing it away for a longer period, so you should know how to dry out an inflatable kayak properly.
- Price: 90% – We feel like this is a very good deal for such a high-quality kayak. Even though it costs more than some other inflatables, it also offers much more in terms of reliability and performance. Considering that the package comes with a paddle, a backpack, and a pump among other things, it seems like a great purchase.
- Material: 100% – This is where the Razorlite 393rl stands out. The Drop Stitch technology used for the PVC body really makes a difference because it gives it the type of rigidity and strength not common in this type of kayak. As we mentioned earlier, it’s the closest thing to a hardshell you’ll be able to find, and that really says a lot.
- Design: 95% – The design is really convenient, with a spacious cockpit and an adjustable seat. We like how it glides through the water and how it always remains stable. Even though it’s generous when it comes to space, it still can’t fit more than one person. If you want to take some company on a ride, check out the Sea Eagle SE370 tandem kayak.
- Overall: 95% – There’s plenty of great things to say about this one. It’s very strong, easy to inflate and deflate, and handles great in any situation. We really appreciate that it comes with all the gear you need. Because of all this, we would honestly recommend this kayak.
Globo Surf Overview
Overall, this attractive kayak is a no-brainer for all of you looking for a long-lasting inflatable boat. The Sea Eagle Razorlite 393rl is also very comfortable and easy to use. On top of this, the compact size and low weight allow you much easier transportation than regular kayaks, so you can even take it on a plane. If you want an ultimate portable performer, give it a go – you won’t regret it!
More Kayak Reviews:
- Ocean Fishing Kayak
- Gifts For Kayakers
- Kayaks For Big Guys
- Kayak Covers
- Kayak Flag
- Kayaking In Maryland
- Kayaking In California
- How To Paddle A Tandem Kayak
- Kayak Weight
- Dagger Katana
- Sea Eagle Razorlite 393rl, seaeagle.com