The Polar Seal Zip Top brings something new and refreshing to the outdoor apparel market. Through ingenuity and innovation, Polar Seal has created a shirt that gives your body additional heat with a simple push of a button. Whether you’re on the slopes, on a hike, or going around your business on a cold day, you can count on the Zip Top to keep you warm.
This is a high-quality shirt, made of strong and durable synthetic materials that guarantee comfort throughout the day. It has two separate heating panels in the upper and lower back area, which are very efficient in keeping the body warm. The two buttons on the sleeve are perfectly placed for quick and easy access, and allow you to choose the heating area as well as easily set the temperature.
One of the great things about the heated Zip Top is its full compatibility with any USB power bank. You no longer have to deal with disposable batteries because you can use a regular power bank instead (which you might already own). This makes things much easier, and you get to choose the battery capacity based on how long you need the shirt to stay warm. If you like it so far and would like to add some warmth to your outdoor adventures, make sure to read on.
The smart features of the Zip Top make it very versatile and able to tackle cold so well. You can rely on the heat panels to keep you nice and warm, while the wrist buttons give you quick control the whole time. The side pockets allow you to conveniently carry the battery and some of your valuables. Even with all of this, the Zip-Top maintains a sleek and eye-catching look. Take a glance at everything this great shirt has to offer:
- Two wrist buttons with LED indicators control the temperature and heating area
- Upper and lower back heating panels can work together or separately
- Three heat levels to choose from
- Hidden zippered side pockets – left pocket has a USB cord for attaching the battery
- The heating system is compatible with any standard USB power bank
- Zippered collar for putting the shirt on easier
- Thumb loops to prevent the sleeves from moving
- Water-resistant materials, buttons, and heating elements
Heat levels: Three (Low – 104°F, Med – 113°F, High – 122°F)
Heat zones: Two (lower back and upper back)
Material: Polyester 92%, elastane 8%
Battery type: Standard USB power bank (not included)
Operation time: 8 hours (10,000mAh battery on max heat)
Warranty: 3 months on electronics
Sizes: S to 2XL (men), XS to XL (women)
Colors: Jet black, Heather grey, Alpine blue, Fuschia pink
Heating Elements and Operation: Customers are very happy with how this shirt performs. It warms up quickly, and its maximum temperature of 122°F is more than enough to keep anybody warm. The heating elements are installed between two layers of fabric, and users claim that you don’t feel them when moving around.
Of course, the temperature is easily adjustable, and all you need to do is push a button. The second button allows you to choose whether you want to turn on the upper panel, the lower panel, or both of them. Concerning this, people really like that both buttons are color-coded, making the use easy and intuitive. They are also resistant to water and shock, so you don’t have to worry about damaging them.
Battery: A great thing about the Zip Top is that it’s compatible with just about any USB power bank. Unlike heated gloves and heated socks that mostly use disposable batteries, using a rechargeable battery is much more cost-effective and environmentally friendly. While some people are disappointed that you don’t get a battery included, this gives you the option to choose one that you think would suit your needs best.
For example, a 10,000mAh battery will power the shirt for 8 hours straight, making it a great choice for ski sessions. On the other hand, if you’re only using the shirt in mild weather and don’t need max heat, a 5,000mAh battery will do the job just fine.
Customers agree that the Zip Top shirt is very energy-efficient and that the battery lasts much longer on lower settings. Besides, we want to point out that this heated garment is perfectly safe to use. The battery uses low voltage (5V) and the heating system has protection from overheating, so you have nothing to worry about.
Materials: Polar Seal uses a blend of polyester and elastane to make this shirt and it feels fantastic on the skin. Polyester is a great choice because it’s light and very breathable but also has the required strength. Elastane is added to make the shirt elastic, and customers say that it easily follows your every movement.
It’s very comfortable to wear all day because it keeps you warm while still allowing your skin to breathe and sweat to escape. This type of top-level versatility allows you to use it for numerous activities like skiing, cold weather hiking, cycling, jogging, and many more.
Design: Customers agree that the Zip Top shirt looks great and has excellent functionality. One of the things that people really like is the zippered pockets on the sides. The one on the left comes pre-equipped with a USB cable for plugging in the battery, while the right pocket is great for having smaller items like your phone or wallet close at hand.
The zippered collar makes it look really fashionable, and the thumb holes are more than useful if you’re using it as a base layer. Polar Seal designs these shirts to have a regular fit (neither snug nor loose), making them good to wear on their own or under a ski jacket. You have four sizes to choose from (for both men and women) and the provided sizing chart is handy for finding the perfect size.
Cleaning and Durability: The Zip Top shirt is perfectly safe for washing. However, it’s recommended that you wash it by hand, in warm water with mild detergent. All the elements inside are water-resistant, so the shirt won’t be damaged. Before you soak it, be sure to remove the external battery and close the USB cable with the rubber cap.
Users say that it’s best to air dry and that you shouldn’t put it in a dryer or iron it. If you follow the instructions and take care of it, this shirt should last for many years. On the other hand, if you have a problem with it, there is a 3-month warranty on electronics, and Polar Seal will replace it if there’s something wrong with it.
- Price: 80% – We can’t really say that the Polar Seal Zip Top is budget-friendly – it’s a pretty expensive piece of clothing. On the other hand, it’s pretty unique in both design and function. Considering that it’s going to last for many seasons, it’s a solid investment for those who spend a lot of time in the cold.
- Material: 100% – Thanks to the perfect combination of high-quality materials and heating elements, the Zip-Top can keep the core of your body warm even in freezing temperatures. The polyester feels very light and comfortable, making it an excellent choice when layering for skiing
- Design: 100% – We really like the design, as it manages to maximize all the positive features of this shirt. The Zip Top is cut to follow the body lines, and this good fit makes the heaters even more efficient. We also appreciate a large number of sizes and color options, so it’s easy to find a great fit in a color you like.
- Overall: 93% – The whole idea behind the heated Zip Top is awesome. This product manages to bring additional warmth to our favorite cold-weather activities, and we’re sure that everyone can appreciate that. We like the overall attention to detail and think that it’s a great piece of clothing.
Globo Surf Overview
The Polar Seal Zip Top is a fantastic way to stay warm in any situation. The heating elements are very efficient at eliminating cold, and you are free to choose the battery yourself based on your needs. Of course, the user-friendly operation is a big plus, allowing you to control everything with two simple buttons.
We think that it’s an excellent choice for anyone who always feels cold, or for people who need to stand in the freezing weather for long periods. With a garment like this, the possibilities are countless, and we’re sure that you’ll enjoy using it.
More Backpacking/Hiking Reviews:
- Hiking Shorts
- Backpacking Chair
- Canon Lens For Landscape
- Camera Backpack For Hiking
- Camera For Hiking
- Diy Water Filter
- Backpacking Food Ideas
- Types Of Backpacks
- How To Clean A Camelbak
- Abel Tasman Coast Track
- Heated Zip Top, polar seal.me