There are a lot of different features on this product that make it such an effective device. It can charge several different items but can also be charged in numerous ways too, giving it a high level of usability.
You’ll find that you end up using the PackLite Max time and time again, getting plenty of usability from it. Here we look at some of the key features that help this product to stand out from the rest of the competition.
- Various light levels
- Long run time
- Recharges via USB or sunlight
- Battery indicators
- Long-life battery
Lumens: Up to 150
Run time: 50-hour maximum
Charging time: USB 1-2 hours, sunlight 12-14 hours
Battery: 2000 mAh, 5V output
Size: 6 inches squared, but foldable to 1 inch in height
Weight: 8.5 ounces
The light: A camping lantern can be useful in a wide variety of different situations. One place where it works brilliantly is when you are in a tent and need a softer light to be able to read or sort out your gear. If you’re not camping, then it would work equally well in your bedroom as a nightlight.
It is going to be able to shine at a maximum level of 150 lumens but there are five settings overall to cover all of your needs. There are 15, 18, 75, and 150-lumen options available, as well as a flashing mode if you needed to attract attention.
If it is constantly on a low mode, which you are probably going to use for most of the time, then it will have a runtime of around 50 hours. By contrast, if you were to have it on the highest mode then it is only going to last for about 3-5 hours, which is important to take into account.
It is also a highly durable light too as it is going to be dropped without damaging it and can even be submerged in water. If you manage to drop it in the water, then you don’t have to worry as the device actually floats too.
The charger: I’m sure everyone reading this has been in a frustrating situation where their phone battery has died. There are certain situations where this would be dangerous and it is a great idea to have a back-up solar charger should you ever need it.
Due to the size of the battery, it can hold, this isn’t a device that should be relied upon as your main charger. It works perfectly in emergencies though or those times where you just need a little top up of your battery life.
That battery will charge in just 1-2 hours by USB, but 12-14 hours by sunlight and therefore you don’t want to waste any battery if you are far away from a power source. The 5V output is going to give you a fast charge through whenever you need it which ranks up there with the best portable chargers.
This is a great product that is foldable down to a compact size, making it ideal for storing in a backpack but you could also easily hang it off a bag to get direct sunlight onto it. A solar lantern an extremely useful device and a great piece of gear to carry with you.
You have to say that this is a quality product and one that is going to come in useful for many different reasons. It has an impressive level of build quality along with a great level of features that have many advantages. Here we look at the ratings in some of the key areas.
- Price: 90% – This is a reasonably priced product and one that gives you good value for money. There are cheaper camping lanterns available but none that have the usability and the features that this product can provide, making it a very good investment.
- Material: 95% – To have the level of features that this charger can offer, it has to be made out of the highest quality materials available. That’s exactly what you get here which means that it can be both durable and also waterproof too.
- Design: 100% – If this lantern wasn’t foldable then it would still score highly with its design but the fact that it means that it’s pretty much perfect. The solar panel is large and clear, it can be easily packed and can give you a very good level of light.
- Overall: 95% – This is a very impressive product that has quality in mind. It’s a stylish lantern that is going to be able to give you a constant source of power. The light that it gives off is going to be useful in a wide range of different situations and overall this is a brilliant lantern.
Globo Surf Overview
If you buy this product then you could well end up using it in ways that you might not have even considered. In situations such as a power cut, nighttime reading, camping, hiking, heading down to the basement it can be useful. These are just a few examples of situations where it is going to work brilliantly.
You are most likely interested in getting one as you have a specific use in mind. It’s a lantern that is going to be able to give you a good level of light and come to your rescue in cases of emergency. If you can keep it out in the sun for long periods, you will have a near-endless supply of electricity.
Those advantages mean very little if you have a product that is going to break easily or stop working at the first sign of rain. Despite all of its headline features, one of the best aspects about this product is that it is going to be able to last you for a very long time.
It’s an impressive lantern that works exactly as it is meant to. With devices that try and do more than one thing, you can often be left disappointed. That’s not the case with the PackLite Max, as it does everything that you expect and more.