The Blue Ridge is loaded with useful features that give the camper plenty of comfort and protection in any situation. You get a spacious sleeping area with excellent support, all while being protected from bugs and rain. Furthermore, some smaller additions like pockets and O-rings make staying inside this camping hammock even more convenient. Take a quick look at everything it has to offer:
- Ripstop nylon bottom and rainfly keep you protected from weather
- Polyester mesh canopy protects you from bugs
- Spreader bars create a wide sleeping surface
- Aluminum arch poles lift the canopy and increase usable space inside
- Zippered door for easy entry and exit
- Mesh storage pockets on the inside
- O-rings on the ceiling for attaching a lamp
Interior Length: 90 inches
Interior width: 42 inches
Total length: 11 feet
Capacity: 275 pounds
Weight: 4lbs 4oz (without straps)
Packed size: 22 x 6 inches
Material: Ripstop Nylon, Poly Packcloth
Warranty: 1-year warranty, 30-day money-back guarantee
Included accessories: Spreader bars, arch poles, rainfly, stuff sack (suspension straps and insulating underquilt sold separately)
Versatility: Campers are really impressed with the options this hammock gives you. Depending on the situation, it can work as a hammock or as a tent. This allows you to set it up regardless of the terrain, which is a big plus since you don’t know what you’re going to come across.
If the ground is wet and uneven, you can choose to suspend it between trees. On the other hand, if there are no suitable trees around, you can use it as a bivy tent and use tent stakes to stake it to the ground. Even though it comes with a mesh canopy, it can also be used as an open hammock if you remove the arch poles and lay on top. All these possibilities allow you to use it literally anywhere – for camping, backpacking, kayaking, or lounging in your backyard.
Comfort: The comfort level is one of Blue Ridge’s biggest advantages compared to other hammocks. The main reasons are the 10-point spreader bars at each end, used to prevent the hammock from shaping like a banana while you sleep. Also, the arch poles on each end lift the mesh canopy giving you plenty of moving space inside the hammock.
The sleeping surface is relatively flat and measures over 7 feet in length while being over 3 feet wide. If you’re using it as a hammock, the surface is more than comfortable to sleep on without any padding. However, if you plan on using the Blue Ridge as a tent, campers advise that you buy a backpacking pad to make the surface softer.
Many users also point out that the addition of mesh pockets and O-rings on the inside is really convenient. The two pockets can be used to stash valuables you need close at hand, while the O-rings on the ceiling are designed for attaching a camping lantern if you need some light in the hammock.
Protection: Thanks to the smart combination of nylon and polyester, the Blue Ridge camping hammock gives you unparalleled protection on your camping adventures. Ripstop nylon is an excellent choice for the hammock base because it offers excellent strength and a waterproof rating. This model also features lifted nylon edges that protect you from splashes and keep the interior dry.
The canopy is made of high-quality polyester mesh and shields you from all the flying and crawling insects around you. Since this is a No-see-um mesh you get some privacy in the hammock, while your view to the outside remains unobstructed. Customers agree that the mesh ceiling is a fantastic addition to make summer camping much more pleasant.
As we mentioned earlier, the package includes a rain fly that you attach to keep you dry. It’s made of nylon and comes with fully sealed seams to prevent leaks even in stronger rain. Even though it protects you from bad weather, the rain fly won’t keep you warm. If you’re into winter camping and want to use this hammock, we recommend that you take a look at the underquilt designed for this model, which can give you proper insulation even in sub-zero temperatures.
Setup: Backpackers agree that setting up the Blue Ridge hammock is incredibly easy, as it takes only a couple of minutes. When you unroll the hammock, you need to connect the two parts of the spreader bars before you can attach the carabiners from the suspension straps. Afterward, it’s pretty simple to adjust the height and tightness to your liking. Unfortunately, Lawson suspension straps are sold separately. If you don’t want to spend extra money on them, you can also use a regular rope and webbing, just make sure you know how to tie hammock knots.
When the hammock is in place, you insert the aluminum arch poles into their sleeves to give the hammock its shape. The rain fly is also easy to attach using hooks at each end, loops around the pole ends, and velcro on the sides. As you can see, there are no complicated steps here, and anyone can set the hammock up without any trouble.
- Price: 90% – As you can see, this is not the cheapest hammock you can buy. However, Blue Ridge is a serious piece of camping equipment and an excellent sleeping arrangement for any camper. The quality of this product combined with the features makes the investment absolutely worth it.
- Material: 100% – The combination of materials used to make this hammock guarantee comfort, protection, and durability. This hammock will keep you dry while allowing the air to circulate for a more pleasant sleep.
- Design: 100% – We really like the design of the Blue Ridge, as it’s the main thing that separates it from the competition. Lawson’s spreader bars and arch poles make the interior feel like a spacious tent, giving you a level of comfort that can’t be matched by other hammocks.
- Overall: 97% – You can immediately see that Lawson has put in a lot of effort when creating this hammock. When it comes to design and construction quality, we really couldn’t find a single flaw, which is really impressive. However, as we mentioned earlier, it isn’t the lightest hammock you can find. It may become heavy if you need to carry it around all day, so keep that in mind.
Globo Surf Overview
Hands down, Lawson Blue Ridge is the ultimate camping hammock. It’s spacious, cozy, and an excellent shelter in every situation. The setup process is quick and effortless, allowing you to save energy and have more time to enjoy the outdoors. Even though sleeping in a hammock is not for everyone, some people prefer to sleep in a tent. If this is you, we guarantee that you’re going to enjoy the Blue Ridge hammock!
More Camping Reviews:
- Pocket Knife
- Camping Chair
- Camping Grill
- Portable Grill
- Survival Kit List
- Camping Meals
- Camping In The Rain
- What Is Glamping
- Car Camping