For those of you who move around a lot and like to keep things light, the Hammock Bliss daypack is a great way to carry your things. It’s a truly ultralight daypack – at only 5.25oz, there are not many others that can compete with it. It is made of high-quality nylon that provides all the strength it needs for everyday use. On top of this, it’s also water-resistant, making sure your gear stays dry too.
Hammock Bliss is an Australian company that specializes in high-quality outdoor equipment, most notably hammocks. While these are their main point of interest, they also offer several other great products that hikers and campers can enjoy, like this awesome little daypack.
The Hammock Bliss daypack is an excellent choice for traveling, hiking, camping, or everyday use. The thing that sets it apart from the competition is its smart design, which makes using it much more enjoyable. Also, it can be stowed in its own pocket, so it’s very compact when packed. If you think that this daypack might be a good fit for your travels and hikes, be sure to read along and learn more about it.
Unlike most ultralight backpacks, the Hammock Bliss daypack offers many useful features. Hammock Bliss has found a way to improve the design and bring us a highly-functional daypack without adding too much weight. The reason we mention this is that feature-rich hiking daypacks are not that common, so this is a big win.
In addition to the strong nylon body, you also get padded adjustable straps, several pockets, and a two-section main compartment to name a few things. Take a quick look at everything this daypack has to offer:
- Self-stowing in its own side pocket
- Top-loading main compartment for quick access
- Reinforced nylon shell gives increased durability
- Water-resistant to keep the content dry
- Two mesh side pockets for bottles and smaller items
- Zippered internal pocket for valuables
- Padded shoulder straps for improved comfort
Height: 20 inches
Width: 11 inches
Length: 7 inches
Weight: 5.25 ounces
Capacity: 18 liters (1100 cubic inches)
Material: Water-resistant nylon
Packed size: 6.5 x 5.5 inches
Colors: Blue, Black
Size and Volume: Customers who use it daily agree that the size is perfect for packing the gear you need for shorter trips. While you won’t be able to use it on multi-day hikes, the 18-liter volume offers plenty of room for snacks, spare clothing, or even a smaller hydration bladder. For reference, most ultralight daypacks usually have between 15 and 20 liters of volume.
When buying any backpack, one of the most important things is to carefully consider how and where you’re going to use it. As their name says, daypacks are made to be used on single-day trips and to hold all your daily necessities without feeling too heavy on your back. If you feel like this compact size won’t cut it, we recommend that you think about getting a full-size hiking backpack.
Weight: Hands down, this is one of the lightest daypacks you’ll come across. At less than 6 ounces, it’s perfect for all of you who want to keep things as light as possible. Travelers claim that you won’t feel it on your back even after many hours on your back. This is very important because longer hikes can be very tiring by themselves, and you don’t want your daypack additionally weighing you down.
One more thing you need to keep in mind is the weight of the gear you have inside the daypack. These are not designed to support very heavy loads, so you must be careful not to overload them. However, the Hammock Bliss daypack easily handles water, snacks, hiking essentials, some spare clothing (a hiking shirt for example), and many other things.
Material: Travelers say that they were pleasantly surprised by the sturdiness of this daypack. Unlike many lower-quality models, the Hammock Bliss daypack is made of extra-strong reinforced nylon, making sure it can easily withstand regular wear and tear. Nylon is also a fairly lightweight material, so using it was a smart choice by Hammock Bliss.
As we briefly mentioned earlies, this daypack is also water-resistant. It is able to keep your gear dry in light rain, which is a plus because you never know with the changing weather. Of course, in case you encounter any problems with your daypack, you can contact Hammock Bliss customer service. They are very friendly and will quickly resolve any issue.
Comfort: Thanks to the well-designed shoulder straps, the Hammock Bliss daypack is very comfortable to wear. Straps come with soft padding that prevents them from cutting into your shoulders, which allows you to wear a fully loaded daypack for long periods of time. In addition, they are fully adjustable, so it’s easy to find the perfect daypack position on your back.
However, this daypack doesn’t include a reinforced back panel or any padding on the back. This is done to reduce the overall weight, and it’s a common thing for all ultralight daypacks. Users say that you don’t need to worry about this, because it still feels very balanced and comfy.
Design: You’ll see much praise regarding the design of the Hammock Bliss daypack, and it’s well justified. This is a feature-rich daypack, and customers recognize and appreciate this. Probably the best thing about its design is the possibility to stow it in its own side pocket. This makes it really easy to pack and allows you to take it anywhere and only open it when you need it.
Other things like the included pockets contribute to the overall convenience too. You get two external mesh pockets on the sides, which are designed to hold water bottles or some other smaller gear you need within hand’s reach. On top of this, there is a zippered internal pocket in the main compartment that works great for items like your keys, phone, or other valuables. People also like that this is a top-loading model with a drawstring closure because it’s really easy to get things in and out.
- Price: 100% – The price point on this ultralight daypack is spot on. For a very decent sum of money, you’re guaranteed to get a reliable and durable daypack that is convenient to use in many different situations. We got the impression that it offers much more than other daypacks in this price range, making it a pretty good deal.
- Thanks to its excellent price to quality ratio, it also makes a great gift for hiking enthusiasts if you want to get something nice for a friend or a family member.
- Material: 100% – We really like the construction of the Hammock Bliss daypack, and feel that nylon is a good choice. It gives the daypack all the strength it needs for outdoor use but still keeps it light enough that you don’t even feel like you’re wearing it. This also guarantees durability, allowing you to enjoy this daypack on many travels and hikes.
- Design: 90% – The design is simple but highly functional. As we mentioned earlier, you’ll get some features that are not common on ultralight daypacks, and Hammock Bliss gets a huge thumbs up for this. We particularly like that the main compartment is divided into two parts because it makes organizing the gear easier. Furthermore, the side mesh pockets are a nice addition, making you feel like you were using a full-size backpack.
- Overall: 97% – All things considered, this is an impressive product. While you need to be aware of general daypack limitations (smaller volume, lack of reinforcements), you can rely on it to get the job done on a shorter trip, regardless of where you’re going. We can recommend it to anyone who needs a versatile daypack while staying within budget limits.
Globo Surf Overview
The Hammock Bliss ultralight daypack successfully combines excellent functionality, unparalleled weight, and very decent comfort. All this makes it increasingly popular not only among travelers but also among all types of outdoor enthusiasts. The volume is just right for everything you need for the day, but it’s also incredibly compact when packed so you can bring it as a backup too.
While Hammock Bliss mainly makes great hammocks like the Bliss Triple we reviewed, this product shows that they have plenty of creativity and skill to make other high-quality outdoor gear too. If you like to keep your gear light on your trips, we’re sure you’ll enjoy this one.
More Backpacking/Hiking Reviews:
- Hydration Bladder
- Solar Watches
- Hiking Hat
- Backpacking Pillow
- North Face Backpack
- How To Pack A Backpack
- How To Wash A Backpack
- Best Hikes In The World
- Gorilla Trekking Uganda
- Langtang Trek
- Hammock Bliss Ultralight Travel Daypack, hammockbliss.com