Shoes For Sailing Reviews
How To Choose Shoes For Sailing – Buying Guide
Sailing shoes often do not follow the same sizing conventions of a regular shoe. If you are buying a sailing shoe for the first time, you should buy one in a store where you can get your foot measured and try some on.
Leather, suede, canvas and other synthetic materials are commonly found in sailing shoes. The material you decide on depends on your needs. Do you need a durable shoe or one which is more comfortable? Try some on and see how they feel.
It goes without saying that boat decks come with a lot of water. If you are going to be moving around a slippery deck, then non-slip shoes are a must.
An upper will wick the water from your feet and keep them dryer for longer. Leather will be softer and more comfortable. Synthetics will dry faster. The choice is up to you.
Q: Are Boat Shoes Water-Resistant?
Some boat shoes are water-resistant, and some are not. Within that, some are more water-resistant than others. You should choose your shoe based on the amount of salt water you will come into contact with as the salt water can be corrosive. There are creams and sprays you can buy which, once applied, can make your shoe waterproof.
Q: What Should I Wear With Sailing Shoes?
How To Take Care Of Sailing Shoes
Sailing shoes spent a lot of time in the elements, so you should take the time to care for them, or they can fall apart.
- Use a waterproof spray or cream if they are not water-resistant.
- Shine leather before wearing to protect more against the elements.
- Use non-alcohol polishes for leather shoes. Creams and pastes are preferred.
- Keep your shoes free of dirt and dust. Remove any salt which accumulates.
- Use cornmeal to clean suede shoes. Rub the cornmeal into the shoe and then rub off.
- Machine wash if it is okay to do so. If not, then follow the manufacturer’s washing instructions.
- Air-dry your shoes at room temperature.
- Repair the soles as needed.
Globo Surf Overview
Being out on the open waters is a gift given to us by nature. Even the closed waters are amazing. You cannot quite get the same feeling when you are on land. You move with the energy of the Earth. Taking care of your feet is of the utmost importance when you are out on the water or in a wet area. A good pair of shoes can support your feet while giving you the protection you need. Buying the right pair of shoes can make all the difference when you make that step from the land to the water.
More Sail Reviews:
- Sailing Hat
- Sailing Sunglasses
- Sailboat Winches
- Solar Panels For Sailboats
- Sailing Boots
- Sailing Anchors
- Sailing Jacket
- Sailing Shorts
- Sailing Bags
- Marine Battery
- Sailing Safety, ussailing.org
Have you tried any of our sailing shoes? What are your favorite ones? Let us know how you like them in the comment section below.