A pocket knife can be useful in a wide variety of different situations. It is ideal of any outdoor adventure but trying to get a good level of use into a small space and often be a challenge. A lot of pocket knives fail in this regard and simply aren’t as good as they could be.
The Bastion Braza D2 Steel Blade though is going to be able to give you a high level of usability with a stylish and easy to use blade. It is made to a very high level of quality which helps it to be one of the best mini blades on the market.
That’s partly due to the number of great features that it has that helps it to stand out from the rest of the competition. When you use this blade you’re going to be very satisfied and are going to be able to find a wide range of different uses for it.
As we go further into this review we will look at the usability of the product and the great features that it has. We will also give you all the key information that you need as well as rating it in some key areas before giving it an overall rating. When you’ve finished reading this, you’ll know exactly whether or not this is the right product for you.
The product has some very impressive qualities that are going to help it perform exactly as expected. Here we look at the blade in more detail and have a quick overview of the key features that are a part of what makes this a product a great one.
- Compact size
- Highly durable
- Smooth opening
- Removable pocket clip
- Keychain and lanyard Hole
- Safe operation
Material: Stainless steel
Cutting edge: 2.12 inches
Weight: 1.48 ounces
Bearing: Ceramic ball bearing
Total length: 2.75” closed, 4.77” open
Quality: What stands out about this product is the level of build quality that it has. Whether you are using a kayak knife, a pocket knife or simply a knife for cooking at home, quality is always going to be imperative to comfort, safety and cutting.
One area where flip-out knives can really fail is in the mechanism as it springs out. This can often feel flimsy, hard to use and doesn’t give you the highest level of control. With this blade, you don’t have any of those problems.
It has a ceramic ball bearing that is going to enable it to come out very smoothly and the hinge is very solid and allows you to easily control the blade. It’s not just in the ball bearing where the quality is though as it’s in many other parts of the product too.
The blade is made of stainless steel that is going to be able to keep a very sharp edge for a long time. It also won’t break and you can have a lot of confidence in it. The handle is quality too, making it very easy to hold and adding to the overall durability.
It’s those kind of aspects that make it suitable for a wide range of different activities. When you’re not in the great outdoors, the blade would be a great addition to your survival gear and tools due to the high usability and compact size.
Ease of use: When it comes to the best pocket knives, a balance has to be struck in regards to how big they should be. Size isn’t always as important as it may seem though as a long poorly constructed blade isn’t going to be of much use.
This blade though gives you a very high level of capability. The ergonomically designed handle is going to allow you to apply a lot of pressure if required. That’s another area where others fail as they are simply not comfortable enough to hold.
This product would be a great accompaniment to a multi-tool as that is going to be able to give you a full range of usability when you are outdoors. The compact size makes it very easy to store in even the smallest of pockets.
It’s also very light too, which further adds to its ease of use. This is a product that is very easy to use in terms of how it feels to hold, how well it works and also how easy it is to open and close. Overall, it has a great level of usability.
Uses: There are many reasons that you would be able to use a pocket knife and this product has that capability. It would be able to work as a fishing knife and would also be ideal to take on a camping trip too where you are going to be able to use it time and time again.
This blade is going to be great for the likes of cutting food, opening cans, whittling, peeling, cutting rope and also as personal protection against any threats that might occur when you are outdoors. These are just a few of the uses but the possibilities are endless.
Due to the quality of the product, it’s going to be able to complete these tasks as easily as possible. When you’re not outdoors, you’re still going to be able to use it for jobs around the house or anything else that you need.
It would also make a great addition to a survival kit as it’s not going to take up much space or weight. It really is a versatile blade that is able to perform as well as many solid knives that aren’t going to be able to flip out.
As we have already seen here, this is an impressive product that is able to deliver a high degree of quality. Here though we look at how it rates in some of the most important areas before giving it an overall rating to see how it performs.
- Price: 95% – As with any product that uses the highest quality materials with a great level of build quality, it’s not going to be the cheapest product on the market. It’s not too expensive either though and it comes at a very fair price. That’s when you consider just how long you are likely to have this product for. It is probably going to last for a long time which makes it a great investment as you’re not going to keep needing to buy new knives because they keep breaking.
- Material: 100% – There’s not a fault that you could give, in regards to the materials that this product uses. There are stronger metals out there but they would add barely more quality and would mean that it had a much higher price tag. The ceramic ball bearing is a great touch as this not only gives it a very high level of durability but it is very smooth too and will allow for an easy opening. This is a blade that is going to last and be resistant to whatever the outdoors throws at it.
- Design: 95% -We put in the cons there that the product has a small blade length and that is simply because it limits the amount of leverage that it has. It’s important to see if this is going to be right to you but that size does give it huge advantages in both weight and being compact. The blade though is very well designed and you will be able to get more out of it than larger blades from other knives that don’t have the same level of quality. Overall, this is a very well designed product that stands up to the best of the competition.
- Overall: 97% – This is a product that is going to impress you once you get in your hands. It is able to rank highly in the key factors of what makes someone want to buy a product and due to that it receives a high overall rating.
Globo Surf Overview
There is always a delicate balance with items that need to be compact in regards to how much their smaller size takes away from their usability and durability. In that respect, this blade strikes a great balance as it is able to perform with a high level of ability.
It is able to do that due to the design and overall build quality of the product. There is a number of different uses that you are going to be able to have for it, especially for a long time with the durability that it has.
For those reasons the Bastion Braza D2 Steel Blade Mini Bro is a product that we can highly recommend if you are looking for a short pocket knife to take on your adventures. You’ll get plenty of use out of it, whatever activity you might be doing.